Diablo® III

If Diablo 2: LoD HD came out @ $9.99...

I could easily see myself dropping $80 on a D2:LoD HD version.
Reply Quote
Shut up and TAKE my money!!!!!

I would pay $40 for that! Then I would buy 3 more for my kids to play with me!
Reply Quote
hell yes..apparently wc1,2,3 are also being remade !!!
Reply Quote
It would depend. I've seen developers try to update games like Civilisation 2 and Elite to update their graphics and such. Unfortunately they cannot help themselves they just have to tweak this and change that. In the end you get something that bears little resemblance to the game they tried to update. Prettification is, in my option, redundant. Besides I find the retro feel easier on my eyes that the stupid flashiness of D3.
Reply Quote
No.

Two reasons....
1) I like the current visuals in D2. I don't feel as though that art style demands an HD visual to begin with.

2) Diablo 2 has aged very poorly. There are so many superior D2 clones on the market that I have no reason to go back to that game. Don't get me wrong, the game still offers plenty of nostalgic moments particularly as a summoner necromancer but I just don't have much fun with the game now that I know how much farther the genre has come. It's like playing Street Fighter 2 on SNES when you have Super Street Fighter 4.
Reply Quote
Absolutely yes.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2014 03:48 PMPosted by babinro
No.

Two reasons....
1) I like the current visuals in D2. I don't feel as though that art style demands an HD visual to begin with.

2) Diablo 2 has aged very poorly. There are so many superior D2 clones on the market that I have no reason to go back to that game. Don't get me wrong, the game still offers plenty of nostalgic moments particularly as a summoner necromancer but I just don't have much fun with the game now that I know how much farther the genre has come. It's like playing Street Fighter 2 on SNES when you have Super Street Fighter 4.

Sorry there is still none better than d2
Reply Quote
I'd pay $60 for that... and even pre-order it
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 04:10 PMPosted by TokeJohnson
Sorry there is still none better than d2
To each their own.
I prefer, Torchlight 1, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Borderlands 1, Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3 to D2.
Reply Quote
YES

IF it had OFFLINE mode i would pay up to $100 i think

01/23/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Yura
I already have Diablo 2: LoD. What is a prettier version going to do for me?

I couldn't care less about graphics. I want content.

ummm. go play some D2 mods then which have the most content of any ARPG that dwarf D3 to the dust in every aspect except graphics.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 04:27 PMPosted by StCecil
YES

IF it had OFFLINE mode i would pay up to $100 i think

01/23/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Yura
I already have Diablo 2: LoD. What is a prettier version going to do for me?

I couldn't care less about graphics. I want content.

ummm. go play some D2 mods then which have the most content of any ARPG that dwarf D3 to the dust in every aspect except graphics.

Apparently you missed the part where I said I already have D2: LoD.

And it was a jab at Diablo 3's lack of content, not Diablo 2's. Seeing as Diablo 3 is the more visually enhanced game.

There are very few games I'd buy an updated graphical version of and Diablo 2 isn't one of them. It would be a few NES/SNES games and only because it would be a massive difference between the two. Buying the exact same game with only sharper, more colorful graphics isn't worth spending extra money for.
Edited by Yura#2182 on 1/23/2014 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would pay $60 for that easily. Or if it was literally D2 but with D3 graphics I would pay the same for that as well. I would literally never touch D3 again unless some serious changes for the better occurred.
Edited by NecroVile#1877 on 1/23/2014 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
As long as it wasn't Always Online, sure.
Reply Quote
I keep seeing these threads, and I keep saying yes. So, I'm going to change it to an* absolutely.
Edited by zSnakez#1978 on 1/23/2014 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:48 PMPosted by babinro

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "...has aged very poorly".

See, the thing about video games is that imagery, control schemes and sound are the only essentials to what distinguishes one game from another. The most important essential is imagination.
If one lacks imagination, they cannot ever enjoy older, classic video games.
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]