Diablo® III

Why for the love of all that is holy is loot on a timer

01/23/2014 01:50 PMPosted by OneL
01/23/2014 01:42 PMPosted by ErikZx6r
Self found with buffed drop rates is going to be 100% more rewarding than trading or BUYING gear from 3rd party sites will ever be.

yeah and gambling your legendaries is SO much better than trading because of __________ (insert your convoluted reasoning here)

Simple.. the gold is also BoA.. therefore.. I had to spend the gold that I earned to gamble for it

VS

My friend gave me 6 hand me downs in 1 day.. or I bought my inventory for 10 dollars.. or whatever else you want.

Trading is cool BUT the people for trading are the same ones who are screaming I should be rewarded for my time...

But as with any trading we dont know if you farmed items to trade for your gear or you were given or bought your gear..

Therefore reasoning tells you that if you want to impress strangers (which a lot of "hardcore" gamers want to do apparantly) BoA is actually more rewarding than trading.. cause again.. how do I know you put the hours in to get that stuff???

Is that convoluted enough for you???
Reply Quote
Best Idea Ever, Imo, say what you want, rewards for time played is a great addition to the RNG mechanics of the game, its sorely needed.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:48 PMPosted by KeAkua
Best Idea Ever, Imo, say what you want, rewards for time played is a great addition to the RNG mechanics of the game, its sorely needed.

People crying for weeks that the beta isnt rewarding and now a system is put in so that if you are in the % of people that day who are getting very unlucky the game basically gives you a boost and people still cry.

Reminds me of a guy at work who complains about every little thing just because.

I agree with you... this backup system is a mini home run. And it wont be every 1 hour on the dot.. it's going to be an average... sometimes its going to be 30.. sometimes it's going to be 3 hours... so the not knowing fun factor will still be there.
Reply Quote
please, dont confuse criticism with whining though.

Just because you dont mind to drive a car without brakes, doesnt mean we should not have them.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 04:29 AMPosted by wxmyjnsn2
I don't like that especially when we don't know what the timer is. i play and haven't gotten one but I have to go to work so I log out what if the leg was set to drop in 5 more minutes?

the timer is i think not gonne reset on log out i hope so :S
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Matte
Yeah have fun with the forced Ivory Towers.

What I'm hoping won't happen, but anticipating will.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
01/24/2014 07:54 AMPosted by dutchy666
the timer is i think not gonne reset on log out i hope so :S

No, it will not be reset on logout. http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1vwj8s/it_is_impossible_to_go_10_hours_with_out_a/cex1nd3
Travis Day
No you can't bot over night, yes we put in a lot of independent pieces to the check to ensure its legitimate game play, yes it persists between game sessions, and no its not meant to be the way 99% of people get their items.

The intent of the system is there to make sure that no matter how unlucky you are, we have a safety net to make sure you find rewards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]