Diablo® III

Legendary items drop-rate will be doubled

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=23#451

Hey folks I'm back with some clarifications and some news that should please everyone.

First the clarification, the timer system that works behind the scenes is meant to be exactly that, behind the scenes. No you can't afk the system, there are a lot of moving pieces to it and we talked about it extensively before we implemented it to guarantee its not exploitable. At it's heart Diablo is a game about slaughtering demons and getting random cool rewards. The system that is in place should never be experienced by 99% of the population, it's there for the 1% who just get really bad random rolls for an excessively long period of time. If we want you to get a legendary every 2 hours, the system basically says "ok it's been like double/triple that period of time, just help the guy out!"

Second and more importantly. I'm in the process of working up another hotfix for the beta that will do 2 things.

1. Reduce the chance for Kadala to give legendary items. We have a lot of solutions to the split farming problem but they are going to take a little time to be put in place and in the mean time we don't want peoples feedback to be completely skewed based on her rewards. This reduction will be revisited once we fix all the split farming issues.

2. Double the legendary drop rate. Your feedback hasn't been falling on deaf ears, and much discussion and deliberation has gone into it. We know that drop rates aren't exactly where we want them right now and it's very important to us to get as much feedback as possible during our beta. We are going to adjust the legendary drop rates via hotfix so that you guys have as much time as possible to test and give us feedback on how the changes feel, also more time for us to compile data and get RoS to be the best it can be.
Reply Quote
Well.. I'm glad beta is beta. I hope Kadala isn't made pointless but I still believe getting loot from killing monsters should be every players primary focus. So good.
Reply Quote
WHAT I'm canceling my dinner plans? this is Outrageous! ROAR! If they aren't removing BoA I'm canceling life!

In other event's glad to see the change on RoS forums is well received.. Good news imo
Reply Quote
I made the same topic, deleted it, it's good news indeed.

Finding items whilst slaying Demons beats getting them from a vendor in Town, also it would somewhat force players too much into doing Bounties for the Blood Shards.
Edited by KhaoS#2865 on 1/23/2014 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Great! Now you can be done with the game faster and be back here whining.
Reply Quote
So they are essentially not rewarding players who put time into their characters and can move quickly.

Even the bads will get the same drops.....

piss off....
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Zaino
So they are essentially not rewarding players who put time into their characters and can move quickly.

Even the bads will get the same drops.....

piss off....

yeah .. no

they are implementing a system that allows players that aren't killing fast and efficiently to at least get some reward for their time and effort. those that are geared appropriately should always get better returns since they should be able to kill monsters faster.

clearly it's too difficult a concept for some people to comprehend.
Reply Quote
So "you doubled it." And we'll be "thankful."
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Baconan

You complain about it will take to long then you complain it's too fast...

With me having to find my own gear it will take forever!

Now

With Drop rates higher I'll finish the game quickly!

Pick one! which is it?
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Necx
Pick one! which is it?

Actually, no. You don't need to, "pick one" when it's clearly both.

They wasted all this time toggling numbers when they should have been spent developing a trade system.

Enjoy your dead in a month DLC, I'll be playing several vastly superior games instead.
Reply Quote
rather legendaries take 100hours to find 1

now that would be epic
Reply Quote

You complain about it will take to long then you complain it's too fast...

With me having to find my own gear it will take forever!

Now

With Drop rates higher I'll finish the game quickly!

Pick one! which is it?

I plan to have at least 2 character of each class + HC. I won't be maxed out anytime soon. We'll see how the "double it" turns out in Beta/PTR.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Baconan
Pick one! which is it?

Actually, no. You don't need to, "pick one" when it's clearly both.

They wasted all this time toggling numbers when they should have been spent developing a trade system.

Enjoy your dead in a month DLC, I'll be playing several vastly superior games instead.

Happy gaming to you good luck..
Reply Quote

I seriously dont get this masochistic idea of having to grind for ages to get rewards.

Gear should be easily available, BiS versions not that much.

Even in F&F beta, the approximate time needed to FINISH the game (aka get to the max of your power curve) was about 480 hours for one character. And who is to say you stop playing after that? Sure right now, there is no endgame like ladder or pvp or some Uber Quest that mixes everything up again, but a) is that a reason to artificially prolong the game and b) not to expect them to rather get us some endgame options instead of making the game tedious?
Reply Quote
Any reasonable person would have to be pretty happy with Travis Days posts over the last couple of days.

Pretty sure I just saw a ray a light break through those dark clouds
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:38 PMPosted by page
I seriously dont get this masochistic idea of having to grind for ages to get rewards.

Yeah, you're right. I never stated otherwise. The people like you who get bored of a game in a month will have their fill. The dedicated players will find everything so quickly they'll also be gone in a month by finding Legendary items too fast. Since the loot system is so primitive and they've made everything but Legendary items a joke, some simple math will tell us there's no way to properly balance RNG around these two all important types of players. Trading is the appropriately solution here to both of these problems as it rewards players equally in both categories. But no, let's do the, Double It" idea instead :)
Reply Quote
Here's hoping they don't make itemization even worse to compensate for the increased drops.

This is Blizzard after all, they can be incredibly spiteful when the feel forced to do something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]