Diablo® III

Legendary items drop-rate will be doubled

01/23/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Baconan
The people like you who get bored of a game in a month will have their fill. The dedicated players will find everything so quickly they'll also be gone in a month by finding Legendary items too fast.

I played d3 for 1300+ hours.

In respect to drop rates: I would rather have fun and be finished after one month (and if you have seen my numbers: 480 hours is 8 hours a day for 2 months for one char) than not have fun and quit out of frustration. Easy as that.
Edited by page#2841 on 1/23/2014 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:44 PMPosted by OneL
01/23/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Necx

You complain about it will take to long then you complain it's too fast...

With me having to find my own gear it will take forever!

Now

With Drop rates higher I'll finish the game quickly!

Pick one! which is it?

how about they do option C) which is to make something fun to do other than grind endlessly for loot. i'm talking ladders, pvp, endless dungeons, trade system, uber bosses, etc. that's what this game needs, in addition to better/more interesting loot in general.

I agree on ladders, PVP
Okay with Endless dungeon
already have Uber bosses and getting more.. (i'd like world events random Item x sold = mob y spawns) ((no don't just have to be 1 item like soj's how about 5-6 and they spawn 5-6 different mobs or bring back baal, duriel, etc...)

Trade system... I know where you stand and If bliz saw an idea better then what they have came up with I think they would change it... However the goals and what they want I don't think this is going to change.. (I'm done with that subject cause It's really not going to change unless something happens and they find a better solution) I know you and a few others hate hearing that but I feel that is the honest answer...
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2014 01:55 PMPosted by page
01/23/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Baconan
The people like you who get bored of a game in a month will have their fill. The dedicated players will find everything so quickly they'll also be gone in a month by finding Legendary items too fast.

In respect to drop rates: I would rather have fun and be finished after one month (and if you have seen my numbers: 480 hours is 8 hours a day for 2 months for one char) than not have fun and quit out of frustration. Easy as that.

this. without ladders, pvp, endless dungeons, etc, it is NOT fun to grind for months to find an upgrade of 3 percent. It's silly and boring. Throw in a ton of extra things to do endgame (and hell, why not during leveling as well) then you can talk about true longevity. Gamers don't have the patience that they used to. There are so many more options available today. I've got like 100+ games on steam that I could play, a bunch on my ps3, etc.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:59 PMPosted by DexterousGek
01/23/2014 01:55 PMPosted by page

this. without ladders, pvp, endless dungeons, etc, it is NOT fun to grind for months to find an upgrade of 3 percent. It's silly and boring. Throw in a ton of extra things to do endgame (and hell, why not during leveling as well) then you can talk about true longevity. Gamers don't have the patience that they used to. There are so many more options available today. I've got like 100+ games on steam that I could play, a bunch on my ps3, etc.

I know many people will say the following after I say this but..

I think after expansion and fixes afterwards... I feel ladder and PvP will come to d3..

Believe the reason for this is due to everyone complaining since launch Item, loot, itemization etc....

That all had to be put on hold..

So with that said... Hit me with it! (yeah right, when pigs fly, not happening, HAHAHAHA, keep dreaming... ETC... )
Reply Quote
Don't have the beta. That said the sources I try to keep up2 date with all have a drop rate issue. Farming tokens to by gear from a vender isnt what you do in diablo. Its what you do in wow. I guess though seeing as one of the gifts from the CeRoS is a wow pet. That the player base is the same.

The sad part is that with all these other great games not due till later this year...... there wont be much competition. If you're anything like me you will prolly see yourself playing this game. Maybe asking "why?" But still.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:00 PMPosted by OneL
correct me if i am wrong but i do not think RoS has anything comparable to uber Diablo.

as for BoA, yes it will change, because at some point soon after RoS they'll realize they have two options: remove BoA or have a completely dead game.

Have you seen the new uber diablo for ROS? the quest at least..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjjGxTg3m8

If your talking about world event no your right I haven't heard anything about that wish I did!
Reply Quote
That's good although I'm baffled why it didn't happen with last patch (or why kadala would even enter the equation). Btw I still think "legendary drop" is too vague. We all know how many terrible legendaries there are, and also many legendaries are far more rare than others. One thing that would interest me is the *average* time it will take to complete a set (e.g. nat's). With ~2 hours per legendary I have a feeling it will be more than 500 hours to get all 5 pieces.
Reply Quote
I don't know why they can't get this theory into their heads.

It's not about "doubling it". It's about creating a system that's fun. What's the point of doubling your legendary items? So every half hour (on average) you can find one piece of junk that you can't use and can't trade? Your odds of finding something you can use are still very poor and the odds of that thing being good or even great are extremely slim to astronomical.

They have a poor outlook on how ARPGs are played It's not something that people play indefinitely for ten years (although some do, most don't). I haven't seen an ARPG yet that has nearly enough content for that. At some point, people will get burnt out and that point takes less and less time the less they feel they are progressing. Most people will play for a while, stop, pick it back up a year or two later, stop and so forth.

It shouldn't take five thousand, ten thousand or twenty thousand hours to create a single character that can reliably do the hardest content in the game. A more reasonable approach is about 750-1,000 hours. Hell, with six classes, that's between 4,500 and 6,000 hours (six to eight months of actual play time). Even that is pushing it a bit.

If they think they can keep us entertained on a consistent basis for ten years without a wiping system like ladder, they had better start developing lots and LOTS of extra content. It's actually somewhat sad that they've been developing this for over eight years and all they've gotten is the base game, ubers, rifts and bounties. That's it? Yikes... There have been thousands of suggestions for content in the forums, hundreds of which are original and awesome. What is the problem, Blizzard?

This game shouldn't be a "chore" to progress. It should be a fun ride the whole way through. If you're taking away the ability to trade, you had better make something of your lackluster itemization/drop systems or you guys are going to fare poorly regarding RoS sales. I, for one, am not pre-ordering as I was burnt on the base game. I'm waiting until release to read reviews and watch some streaming before I make my decision. It is going to take a lot of convincing to sway me back over to the world of Diablo 3, Blizzard.

You could start with affix balancing. Why is CHD still in this game? There's where you should start. Secondly, skill synergy, the art of skills working with one another. This game is severely lacking with regards to that. Another thing is the massive range of RNG with regards to affix values. This is one of the reasons why adjusting drop rates has no affect on how good your items are, because outside of that one lottery drop, every item is going to be relative garbage. The difference in power between the weakest, say certain ilvl63 weapon and the most powerful of said ilvl63 weapon shouldn't be the difference between a level 50 and a level 60 item. That's a terrible system.

Take Diablo 2 for instance. You find a Lightsabre. You know it's going to be decent because the range of damage is between 150-200%, 5-7% mana steal, a chance to cast 14-20 CL on hit and other static abilities like IAS, ignore defense, lightning absorb, adding elemental damage, light radius.. Not what would be D3's equivalent of 50-400%, 2-10% and 5-20 CL and three other randomized stats that could be +dex, +life on kill and +50-500 fire damage. It may or may not have been the best Lightsabre you could have gotten, but the first thing that crosses your mind when you identify it won't be "disenchant."
Edited by Yura#2182 on 1/23/2014 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Still waiting for the ENTIRE game to be randomized map sets. Except for rifts and Act 5 everything is pretty much static. That bores the hell out of me. Make it different each time so you actually have to explore!! You can only do the same thing so many times before even the most hardcore person starts feeling burnt-out.....
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Brad
I guess not since the Jay Wilson days have you guys been so happy to hear "then we doubled it."

Not really. It makes no difference if it's doubled, tripled or whatever. The drops are still hugely randomized to the point that you will rarely, if ever, find a truly powerful item.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:58 PMPosted by UGotGanked
BOA is for WoW or games with similar drop rates and loot tables, not for games with randomized loot and drops such as Diablo

Haven't played WoW in awhile have you.

Blizzard went with the randomized loot in that game as a catch up method over dungeons in the Timeless isle patch. So now instead of running dungeons to gear up, once you hit max level you go to this island, stumble around on your mount finding chests and opening them. Apparently that's what they consider 'fun" in an MMO these days. Once you hit a certain gear level you can then run raids or raid I guess I should say, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over etc etc

Oh and I'll let you figure out for yourself the quality of players in these LFR groups because, you know, opening a chest really gets you prepared for raiding.
Reply Quote
The higher the drop rates the faster we might get free trading back <3
Reply Quote
Sweet, so doing some basic math

doubled = 2x...
current rate = 0.000000000000000000001/hr
new rate = 0.000000000000000000002/hr
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Like I've said before... this is a work in progress. Different things still need to be worked on, tweaked, or otherwise fixed. While beta does not mean to take changes occuring lightly, it does mean that constructive feedback is necessary to cause change.

I am glad the developers are listening to the community members testing the expansion. The legendary drop numbers felt low on the PTR for me, and I'm glad they're being tweaked upward.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]