Diablo® III

Auction House & MP - is it really that bad?

I'm so ready for whatever you guys throw at me - not sure if this is a lethargic topic now on the forums or if some people are still pretty passionate about it. I intend to read more posts - I've read a few - but first I want to clear my mind & chest. When i started this discussion on my Facebook, many people commented links to other games that they play now since Blizzard is going to crap. These are other classic gamers in my demographic that have been loyal fans for 20+ years - they're angry and I feel like the only one left trying to back these games up. Then I come to the forums and players are bickering with each other like children instead of coming up with productive ideas. Is Blizzard truly doomed?

I've been away for about a year and I decided to clear up some extra schedule to take advantage of the AH before it closes permanently, but in my fiddling I was introduced to the new Monster Power (MP) system. I am a Lvl 60 Paragon 6 wiz w/ some seriously powerful items including 4/5 Tal Rasha's set and Chantodo's Will/Force (you can check my profile, it's all pretty much the most hyped wiz gear online and a lot of them are high level bonuses), but when I turn on MP 9, I get my butt royally handed to me on a platter. At MP 7, it takes some serious strategy and potion-management to survive, and I'm using Archon about as often as possible. At MP 4, I can win every battle, but not without thinking. If I lose focus or get cocky, I'm dead. This is awesome to me, because I was getting a little tired of blizzard, disintegrate, electrocute to charge, repeat (and keeping my shield up) just killing every thing with no thought at all, even Diablo. MP 4 is a lot of fun for me and involves some pretty intense strategy, MP 7 even more so, even with my totally epic set gear, so I don't understand why we need to get rid of the AH when players have other new ways to challenge themselves.

Judging by my recent (and comparatively limited) experience, you'd have to be Paragon 90+ after the Paragon stat system launches to really do well in MP 10 - with totally decked out gear. The AH is what makes this possible. As with the last 2 Diablo games, I really doubt I'm ever going to find all of Tal Rasha's set, Chantodo's, Vile Ward, Blackthorne's, etc., with one account, and if I could, then the game would be obviously rigged and way less fun than with the AH. At least with the AH you're making a sacrifice (money or gold) to get the gear you really want, and possibly planning a strategic budget / "business plan" (for killing digital demons). I never once in LoD found a whole set on my own; I had to find players to trade with and pay/trade them (sometimes resorting to purchasing gold illegally).

With the AH gone, we will see a lot more illegal gold farmers and a lot more chat spammers - is this really what we want? If for all of my future characters I will have to deal with shady characters to even have a chance at getting the gear I want, or if it was just handed to me, I would have a lot less fun. The AH is extremely fun for me, possibly my favorite part of the game, and I spend a lot of my play time browsing. I like trade aspects of MMOs, and I love the fact that I finally can be the character I want to be, which I never could in previous games. If this was real life and I was out killing demons with lasers and collecting gold all day, of course I would be spending said gold in the market on epic gear. In any of my passions or hobbies, when I make some extra money with it I invest back into the hobby. It makes sense... And IRL I can just get on eBay and have anything I could ever want, as long as I've got the cash, whether I built a company from scratch, got the money from my parents, or stole it off a dead body.

The AH makes the game more immersing and realistic, and I feel like the people complaining about it are somewhat jealous and/or would spend way too much money irresponsibly in the AH if they had it. So why is this no big deal for the WoW cash CoW? People take advantage of that game every day, even spending $5,000+ on a character that already AH'd tons of epic gear. There's nothing wrong with that - if you have $5,000 to blow on looking really cool in a video game, you obviously need that self-esteem boost and probably spend a lot more money on less effective means of entertainment elsewhere. These nuts will find a way to buy what they want, they always do. At least Blizzard gets a cut when you can buy the money straight from them.
Edited by Xeperu#1241 on 1/23/2014 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Judging by my recent (and comparatively limited) experience, you'd have to be Paragon 90+ after the Paragon stat system launches to really do well in MP 10 - with totally decked out gear..

You don't have to be Paragon 90+, you just have to buy the best gear on the RMAH, be a good flipper, or be extremely lucky in finding good gear in order to do well in MP10.

The items you have outweigh PLVL 100 by a lot..

The Magic Find % is way more meaningful than the main-stat progress with the paragon system.

With the AH gone, we will see a lot more illegal gold farmers and a lot more chat spammers - is this really what we want?

They're making good items Bind on Account, meaning there won't be trading at all.

The AH makes the game more immersing and realistic, and I feel like the people complaining about it are somewhat jealous and/or would spend way too much money irresponsibly in the AH if they had it.

The AH destroys the entire reason to play the game. You can just bypass the whole "reward and progress" part by buying the best gear.

The removal of the AH is a positive thing in every way possible.
Edited by TomCii#2893 on 1/23/2014 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I appreciate your opinion, but who is forcing you to use the AH if you think it's unfair? And why would I even care what set items do together if there's such a small chance I'll ever complete a set, especially knowing that the only way to get them is to find them on a monster? I just spent almost 50 tries at a dungeon (that's the 50 times it spawned on the map) trying to manifest a merchant for an event that took me 30 seconds. There's no telling where you will find pieces of gear or how to attract them, which is completely unrealistic. In real life, you find cool stuff and you buy incredible stuff, or you don't because you don't feel like it. In the RP setting of Diablo III, which is completely littered with useless vendors, you do the opposite and your luck has more to do with your armor than skill or resources.

If I buy all of my gear in the AH and you buy none, it is extremely unlikely that we will ever cross paths and if we did, there would be no way for me to take advantage of you. Nobody uses the battlegrounds... And they don't count for anything, anyway, it's just a way to blow off steam. I have to round up friends of mine that play the same way I do if I want to battle. So why should my idea of a fun time be compromised by your idea of a fun time?

The AH destroys YOUR reason to play the game, but it's a big part of my enthusiasm. I just can't understand why people are complaining about a completely elective part of the game.
Reply Quote
From a perspective of realism and "authenticity", you'd be most likely to find rare sets in their entirety from rare vendors at realistic prices (like, if you found all of your gold you could probably only afford 1 item per vendor instance, if that)...
Edited by Xeperu#1241 on 1/23/2014 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
You get stomped on MP5+ because you lack DPS and the necessary mitigation to make DPS your main defensive stat through life leech.

Usually, folks facerolling high MP levels are way over 150k dps (300k+ for DHs), 50k hp and have pretty high armor and resistances. I don't know if your current gear is what you are referring to when you say "the most hyped wizard gear online", but if it is, you're quite far from it.

Essentially, the way it's working right now is that you have to focus a lot on dps, in order to allow life steal to keep you alive through anything while facetanking everything. Low dps numbers (your profile says 76k~ for your wizard) will not really profit much from this approach, and kiting above MP5 is not viable simply because monsters have way too much health to allow it. You can try it, but I dobut anyone would find 10 minute elite battles fun. Another thing that forces facetanking is the fact that CC effects have diminishing returns, and they're barely noticeable on elites, so you gotta stick to the monster and spam your biggest skill while leeching life back till it drops dead. With those stats, not even paragon 100 will carry you over the gearcheck mechanics the game is designed around. At most, those 100 paragon levels may account for like 10k dps.

As for the AH, the reason why it is being removed is something I personally don't agree with. The developers have claimed it "short circuits" their reward loop. This may be true for people who have no self control or simply not enough time to grind endlessly for items they may never find due to RNG layering, but it's essentially just scapegoating the trade system instead of addressing the true offender: the horrible itemization model they came up with. It's obsessively focused on optimization, while not being designed at all to provide it at a reasonable rate while playing the game (killing monsters and looting them).

Basically, it's pretty damn hard to find anything useful in this game, because 99,9099999999%+ of the time you'll find completely useless garbage you can't even use, because the affix pool full of tons of useless garbage, redundancy and deliberate cluttering, with just one way to properly gear up (trifecta+LS+Armor+AR or gtfo). More than half of the current affix pool ranges from completely useless, to barely compelling stuff, while the good affixes make roughly 40% of the total affix pool. With a system like that, it's evident everything is going to be garbage. The funniest thing is they even claimed itemization was "designed" around a player who wouldn't be using the AH.

The balance between proper RNG-driven loot hunting and trade is completely broken, due to excessive randomization and the affix garbage mentioned above. If you think about it, trading wouldn't be nearly as prevalent if people had a reasonable chance of finding cool, usable items, and trading would be truly optional then. For obvious reasons, the high-end items will always be very rare, but that's not necessarily a problem. In D3, even average and sub-par gear is stupidly difficult to find. This is why people feel pushed to trading for anything, even at a low level of gear.

And yeah, certain people around here don't find browsing the AH fun at all. In fact, they don't want anyone trading. A lot of the upcoming changes come from the pressure these self righteous idiots have been putting on the developers to favor self finding, simply because they couldn't stand someone progressing in a way they didn't personally approve of, and because they felt it was "unfair" that people were able to trade when they deliberately decided to exclude themselves from the economy. Such a shame Blizzard fell for this crap. The worst is that the core flaws within the itemization system still remain in loot 2.0.

I'd rather have decent itemization working alongside the AH. I was actually quite curious to see how loot 2.0 worked alongside the AH, till Blizzard decided to scapegoat it. It's very unfortunate, because it's a good solution to trade safely, as well as a big improvement over archaic bartering systems, which ironically lead a bit too often to scammers and other undesirable cheating types.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 1/23/2014 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 10:04 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
And yeah, certain people around here don't find browsing the AH fun at all. In fact, they don't want anyone trading. A lot of the upcoming changes come from the pressure these self righteous idiots have been putting on the developers to favor self finding, simply because they couldn't stand someone progressing in a way they didn't personally approve of, and because they felt it was "unfair" that people were able to trade when they deliberately decided to exclude themselves from the economy. Such a shame Blizzard fell for this crap. The worst is that the core flaws within the itemization system still remain in loot 2.0.

In my hometown, recently a group of 8 old people decided to band together and complain about the garbage system. As stated, they're old, so they have difficulty moving their trash can around. They thought this was ridiculous and decided that trash cans should be done away with. 8 people snuck a suggestion in at Waste Management and got 8 more people to constantly call WM, and now if you leave your garbage in a can, the truck throws your can away. The proper way to dispose of garbage now is by throwing your trash bags on your lawn - which is completely unsanitary and causes for a lot of litter in town. I live in DFW - there are over half a million people in my town - but 16 old folks caused a stir and WM got scared so they responded. We are seeing the same issue manifest at Blizzard, and it revolves around the same topic: garbage. The difference here is that the game picks up the garbage without being told how to by it's supervisor. It doesn't care if the garbage is in your inventory or your stash, going to a player, merchant or the AH.

I realize I could have more DPS, and I'm working on it - in the AH. After today I should be pushing about 100+, but it's been a struggle for me to reach the point I'm at even with the auction house. It's not like I win every auction or can afford all the gear at once, it's a process that unfolds over time just like any character build. Right now, today, it is still possible for me to work hard and get to the place I want to be, but after mid-March, I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be pretty stuck with what I have until next year, when I've accumulated enough free time to reach a high enough Paragon level to find real gear. How does this sound more fair? You can only be a "real" player that's any good if you can play 12 hours a day..? I paid $100 for the CE and spent plenty of money in the AH in 2012, and I honestly feel a little entitled to being able to enjoy myself the way I intended to, and when I purchased this game I was most enthused about the AH system.

More than half of the current affix pool ranges from completely useless, to barely compelling stuff, while the good affixes make roughly 40% of the total affix pool. With a system like that, it's evident everything is going to be garbage. The funniest thing is they even claimed itemization was "designed" around a player who wouldn't be using the AH.

Do you realize what the achievement is called when you have extracted one of every magical item from Haedrig's salvage function? THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL! This game is totally programmed to throw trash at you, and I feel like the only redeeming quality to the item system here is the AH. If I found a legendary set item in game, there would be an 80% chance it isn't even designed for my character. So then what am I supposed to do with that? Make a lvl 60 Demon Hunter now because I don't feel like selling this incredible item for $3,000 at a vendor or salvaging it?
Reply Quote
I don't know if your current gear is what you are referring to when you say "the most hyped wizard gear online", but if it is, you're quite far from it.

It definitely is the most talked about gear, but (as I mentioned) not all with the highest affixes. I have been through 3 rounds of Tal Rasha's gear and my DPS has been 45k, 70k, and soon to be 100k just from those adjustments. This is another kind of unrealistic aspect of the item system because if I bought one pair of fancy jeans from one store and the same pair from another, there might be slight quality discrepancies or differences in the acid wash, but not to the point that one pair would cover my privates completely and one would leave me totally exposed...

Anyway, being able to buy gear and turn it over when you're ready to upgrade is not cheating, it's a different level of strategy. If I buy, let's say, Chantodo's Will @ 800 DPS w/ +150 Int for 5 mil, knowing I could easily sell that for 15 mil, I might use it for a bit until I save up an extra 10 mil, sell the first one, then come back with a budget of 25 mil filtering out DPS under 1000 and Int under 250... Ultimately, I'd still spend a lot of time and energy getting up to the highest tier. I don't see how this work I've done since summer '12 can be undermined so easily and cut off before I can ever even reach my goals because some people would rather play a different way - especially when they can just put a piece of black tape on their monitor where the "auction house" button is on the character screen and never even know it exists...
Edited by Xeperu#1241 on 1/23/2014 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just another pro AH troll. Go away.
Edited by Traveler#1226 on 1/23/2014 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lol this is obviously a discussion you happened to just TROLL with your OPINION and no actual INFORMATION or EVIDENCE to make any kind of POINT whatsoever. Look in the mirror, troll - just like the AH, if you don't want to read something, don't read it. If you just want to talk about lolcatz and act like that's more relevant than the current issues/changes this game is going through, talk to people on reddit, please.

I am all too familiar (since the '90s) with teenagers on b.net spamming complaints and not saying anything worthwhile, and honestly that's all I really expected from this community when I posted a thread reaching out for a real discussion. I'd like to thank TomCii#2893 and Blashyrkh#1824 for presenting two thought-out and differing opinions. That's what makes a forum worthwhile :)
Edited by Xeperu#1241 on 1/23/2014 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Xeperu
I am all too familiar (since the '90s) with teenagers on b.net spamming complaints and not saying anything worthwhile, and honestly that's all I really expected from this community when I posted a thread reaching out for a real discussion.

Come to think of it, these whiny teenagers are probably the whole reason Blizz is changing things. See my reply above about the waste management system in my town - it's foolish for a business to cater to the needs of the loudest few if they're trying to sell something to a whole society.
Reply Quote
The whole "Don't use the AH if you think it's unfair" reasoning is absolutely ridiculous. The obvious issue is that the game is balanced around us using it to begin with. So if we don't use it, we're intentionally gimping ourselves from enjoying the game at high levels of difficulty. Try self-finding all the gear necessary to even farm MP5 and tell me how long that would take. You prefer to buy all your gear from some menu outside the game instead of, oh I don't know, playing it?

You also calling everyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion a "whiny teenager" is why no one will ever take yours seriously. If people did not "whine", we'd still have the at-release D3V. Grow up.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Ryuusei
The whole "Don't use the AH if you think it's unfair" reasoning is absolutely ridiculous. The obvious issue is that the game is balanced around us using it to begin with. So if we don't use it, we're intentionally gimping ourselves from enjoying the game at high levels of difficulty. Try self-finding all the gear necessary to even farm MP5 and tell me how long that would take. You prefer to buy all your gear from some menu outside the game instead of, oh I don't know, playing it?

You also calling everyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion a "whiny teenager" is why no one will ever take yours seriously. If people did not "whine", we'd still have the at-release D3V. Grow up.

In a couple other posts, you seemed like a pretty grounded gamer, but you're now obviously skimming through articles and picking what you want to complain about. After pages of good points I say one thing about young people complaining and you decide to base the discussion around that... The point I was making is that the only way to alter the game to a point where players can collect full sets without using the AH would make it either way too hard or way too easy. I wasn't implying that this "loot 2.0" system shouldn't be imposed, I was implying that the AH is a purely elective aspect of the game, and with or without loot 2.0 my purchases in the AH have absolutely no effect on your gameplay.
Edited by Xeperu#1241 on 1/23/2014 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Xeperu
I wasn't implying that this "loot 2.0" system shouldn't be imposed, I was implying that the AH is a purely elective aspect of the game, and with or without loot 2.0 my purchases in the AH have absolutely no effect on your gameplay.

And, as I keep seeing posted around these forums, it should be considered that a lot of the initial hype in D3V was around the AH... It's not like I'm the only person that has legitimate fun with it, or that if you are capable of enjoying the item trade you are a worthless human/gamer. This is officially false advertising. It's silly to make a new game out of an old game - if there should be 2 different games, make 2 different games. RoS could easily be it's own server...
Reply Quote
The AH is/was entirely elective,I used the GAH because I didn't find anything good enough to use to progress to the higher MP's.Result of RNG and flawed itemization NOT the AH! Why do we still have Bows with WD affixes or Strength primary stats,as an example? Or the same legendary (I'll pass on comments about how "legendary" most of these are) having a damage range from 200 to 1200? Having to get 3-4 possible affixes on the same item to make an item usable out of a pool of dozens of stats all randomized on the same item? Itemization was and is the main problem,not the AH's! I never liked the RMAH,never used it,but the GAH offers a way to at least get some return in trade for an item that someone else might use.

As far as your wizard not being able to play high MP's with your "seriously powerful items",well...
individually they might have good stats,but they're far from the best combination on a wizard,depending on what skills you use.Tals Wizard set isn't really good for more than low MP's,although some pieces are very good with great rolls (amulet primarily). a CM Wiz can faceroll MP10 (slowly) at < 100K dps,but won't come close to killing mobs with the speed of a good Monk,Barb,or WD. Archon wizards can play with perma Archon at Mp8-9 without difficulty when properly geared.
It's not ALL about weapon dps,but it's a BIG part,unfortunately,but other stats make or break a build,most Wizard builds need attack speed (not archon),and CHC,armor,resists,HP's and big leech. Check the wizard forums for build and gear suggestions,you'll see most don't use Tals set or Chantodo at higher levels for instance..shrug.. Use the AH while it's available,most current gear will be useless after Loot 2.0 hits,I'm enjoying the current game while it lasts,beyond Loot 2.0/RoS I doubt I'll be playing unless big changes are made before then. GL!
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 12:19 PMPosted by WarHogg
Itemization was and is the main problem,not the AH's! I never liked the RMAH,never used it,but the GAH offers a way to at least get some return in trade for an item that someone else might use.

I also use the GAH for items, and there have been times I've bought gold from the RMAH, which i could see someone seeing as cheating, but I see it as enjoying the game to the best of my schedule and abilities - I'm not in high school anymore and I'm not an adult living at my grandma's house and play video games for a living and I wouldn't want to stoop to that for my Wizard to be in the cool kids club on battle.net. I have a family to take care of before my RP characters, now, and when that gets to be too much I like to have an effective way of blowing off steam on my digital demons (rather than persecuting the real things in life that get me down). So do away with the RMAH if I don't deserve to buy my way to satisfaction (which is definitely not how I beat Inferno the day after the game came out - yes, there are still special occasions in life that merit a video game binge; once a gamer always a gamer), but at least let me trade the cool stuff I find that won't work for my character for stuff that will... Because making me most likely to just find the items I want doesn't sound like that much more work than comparing markets in an auction house. Whoa... I just realized that people are debating the amount of work necessary for a video game to be fun... Well, I work for real money and use video games recreationally. If you want to make money with your video game, build it for the whole world.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Xeperu
and there have been times I've bought gold from the RMAH, which i could see someone seeing as cheating, but I see it as enjoying the game to the best of my schedule and abilities

The most popular games right now (the kind you see people wearing on t-shirts everywhere) cost no money to play and are enhanced by making little investments along the way. Blizzard is developing 2 games right now that follow that same principle. Why are they completely removing it from this one?
Reply Quote
I read briefly and here's my input. I'm thrilled for the AH to be gone, since it forces you to actually PLAY, instead of just flipping crap or possibly spending real money. I won't lie, I spent probably 10 bucks in gold last year just because I was angry. The AH is like a cancer, it mentally forces you to use it because why would you "waste" 5 hours trying to find a certain thing when you could just buy it? This defeats the whole object of the game. The AH has had it's pluses, like getting an item you might need really cheap and quickly, but again this defeats the purpose/fun of trying to find it for yourself. I still have yet to find anything good, and with daily crypt runs doing mp10, everytime I see "Mace", "Mighty..", "Fist..", "belt", and most other ones; I cry. But again, this is part of the game. I enjoy leveling paragon levels for ROS and I love the new crafting system, even that whites have uses, the new gem system, new paragon system(besides missing MF), etc. I'm kind of disappointed on the small amounts of drops in PTR, due to the fact that the yellows I find are relatively crappy, but again their surely crappy because their being compared to my near-end-game gear from D3. If you're upset about the AH being gone, then go play something else. 99% of the people are thrilled, the 1% being you and Chinese gold farmers.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Xeperu
In a couple other posts, you seemed like a pretty grounded gamer, but you're now obviously skimming through articles and picking what you want to complain about. After pages of good points I say one thing about young people complaining and you decide to base the discussion around that

That was one sentence out of my entire post. Also... what does it matter to you that I'm picking certain threads to reply to? Doesn't everyone do that? I'm not some Blizzard volunteer who's obligated to respond to every single thread, especially ones I have zero interest in. If you'd actually look at the other forum sections, I have been helping people and not complaining at all.

I already have Reaper of Souls pre-ordered, and I have never attacked any post/poster besides your unnecessary "whiney teenager" comment. The fact that you've completely edited your original comment out solidifies your defensiveness. If you truly believe you did nothing wrong, the comments would still be there.

TL;DR - You attacked & generalized everyone who wanted the AH gone into one group, and I definitely felt offended. I would hate to continue this argument, because I genuinely just don't like being this negative towards others. I apologize for my earlier judgement and hope we can just put it behind us.
Edited by x4ryuusei#1906 on 1/23/2014 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
My 2 cents. Even though this topic has been discussed repeatedly. This is my opinion only and no one elses.

I believe the AH removal is pretty neutral given the drop rates increase substantially, but that might not happen. I don't have the much time to play the game, so I used the AH to get gear and the AH auctions basically tested your skill/knowledge of the market. It was a great tool for me and others that have to work, while still keeping up with the game. I for one am not too happy about the way it is being removed, because the "self-found" players have imposed their own standards on how to enjoy a game onto the rest of the community. They do not feel the AH was helping and rewarded others for less time spent, so they complained and complained, until the day blizzard wilted and said we'll remove it. The AH was an optional tool, so I really do not understand why self found players believe it affected them since they can choose not to use it.

The counter argument was and has been, AH messed up the economy and things don't drop. Maybe the grass is NOT always greener on the other side will eventually kick into some people, because as RoS beta testers have said, the drop rates and legendary drops aren't really that improved. I am not a RoS beta tester, but the reviews are not positive to say the least. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Honestly, the lack of AH has isolated the game towards a "gamer"-type audience (Those who play 10+ hours per day), where the original D3 catered to a wider audience since AH allowed you to progress. Maybe I am wrong and RoS will be a top seller, but those self found players that want the game back into D2 state will probably be disappointed. To me, D2 is like a retired professional sports player in the hall of fame; great during its time, but time passes and things change.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:03 PMPosted by Silentkilla
The AH is like a cancer, it mentally forces you to use it because why would you "waste" 5 hours trying to find a certain thing when you could just buy it?

Harsh truth...

01/23/2014 01:03 PMPosted by Silentkilla
If you're upset about the AH being gone, then go play something else. 99% of the people are thrilled, the 1% being you and Chinese gold farmers.

I disagree, but I would not disagree that 99% of b.net forum users are against the AH, despite most of what I've read being pretty balanced. Most users don't use the forums, and everyone I used to play with is not getting RoS because of so many dramatic changes to their game.

01/23/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Ryuusei
what does it matter to you that I'm picking certain threads to reply to?

I'm saying that you chose certain posts within this one thread - you overlooked my entire point and chose to focus on a later comment.

The fact that you've completely edited your original comment out solidifies your defensiveness. If you truly believe you did nothing wrong, the comments would still be there.

And you were right, I shouldn't have called anyone whiney or young. I am also the non-violent type and I dislike arguments, but people are being so choosy with what they argue on b.net and overlook the good points that are trying to be made. I edited that one comment because looking back it was excessively sarcastic and asking to be picked on.

TL;DR - You attacked & generalized everyone who wanted the AH gone into one group, and I definitely felt offended. I would hate to continue this argument, because I genuinely just don't like being this negative towards others. I apologize for my earlier judgement and hope we can just put it behind us.

But that one comment was the only thing I could possibly interpret as an "attack", and that's why I edited it. Other edits I've made were due to grammar, because I'm nit picky like that. I apologize immensely for offending you, but I think you would've taken it as a brief sarcastic side note if you were listening to all the completely valid points I listed, which you have yet to really address. That's ok, if we were in person I'd be trying to make friends more than prove my point, but you have seemed like a reasonable person and I honestly feel like the one that was attacked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]