Diablo® III

An urget message to Blizzard.

Dear Blizz.

I have played the current PTR and also a little beta on one of my friends, and I can tell that you have done a great job.The succesor of D2 is finaly here, and i'm talking about all aspects : itemization, difficulty, content,randomization.

However seeing what people talk on forums and on chats in game, are causing me some big conerns.

There are a lot of crybaby's and cazual players that request bigger drop rates, and lower difficulties.Please,PLEASE, do not listen to them.Look what they have done to World of Warcraft.Not all feedback is good feedback.

The dificulty of torment 5-6 is verry good.It is intended for players that put a lor of hours in the game ,and should stay that way.PLEASE do not nerf it.

The drop rates of legendaryes are insanely HIGH.You will ruin the game if you listen to casual players that want bigger drops.If you increase drop even higher, the game will become obsolete verry soon, and history will repeat itself.

I know that you guys have a job and need to eat.But do not let greed influence your design of the game.Casual players can stick with lower difficulties , becasue that's the whole reason you implemented a difficulty system in the first place.

Please remember what a great job some of you guys did with Diablo II where it could take years for a good rune drop, or to complete a powerfull set, or beat hell difficulty.And yet people were happy and played the game .

Again, great job you guys have done with Reaper of Souls .Please, I beg you, don't ruin the chance for it to become a memorable game.
Reply Quote
I totally get that there are people out there that think the drop rates are too high. But also remember this: back in the day of D2, there weren't as many games out. With the growth of technology, there has been more and more games being created and they all have to compete with each other in some way.
But pretty much every game developing company, big or small, knows they won't be able to make everyone happy.

Might have been that back in the D2 days, there was a cult following because there wasn't that many games like this one to obsess over.

This is no longer the case.

D2 purists are wanting the game to be the same obscure, nitche game it was back in the day, but the prices of consoles have gone down, and the amount of games that a gamer can choose from has gone up.

They are not going to go back to the old ways of doing things. The times have changed, the average gamer has changed, and heck the developers have changed. To be sure Blizzard is a huge international company now. Its not just one or two people calling the shots.

The Diablo series is a big part of Blizzard but it is NOT the biggest. Not on an international scale. There are people in other countries playing Starcraft like its their JOBS. Quite literally they are sponsored to play. There are internet cafe's where the only game that's played is Starcraft.

And I won't even go into the popularity of Wow and how much money Blizzard has made with that game.

TL;DR--

Diablo may be a series that many original players have been loyal to for a very long time, but the fact is the times have changed, there are more players on the playing field, and nothing stays the same. There are more people with ADD in the world due to internet usage than at any time before. Looking to make a game go back to its smaller nitche days is impossible.
Reply Quote
If the game is balanced for the top 1% 99% of players will hate it and the game WILL fail period.
Reply Quote
Dear blizzard,

Bring back runes plz. And more sockets! Why only manticore has 2 sockets out of all weapons. Hp upscales like crazy so let sockets replace magic properties so someone can put 3 rubies + 2 emeralds in a rare wep that only has like one or 2 magic properties. Also bring back runessss and jewels

Dont care too much about charms i'd always accidentally sell those while clearing inv
Reply Quote
Nothing stops you from NOT picking up the legendaries that drop if you want a challenge...

If you want to put in 5000 hours in order to be able to play T6, then only use every 10th leg you find or something.

Players shouldn't be punished for playing the game just because you wanted your grind to be redic.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Apathy
If you want to put in 5000 hours in order to be able to play T6,

How many should it take?
Reply Quote
nice good thread
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:13 PMPosted by Pereg
01/23/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Apathy
If you want to put in 5000 hours in order to be able to play T6,

How many should it take?

Maybe 100, maybe 1000. It's really all relative, and putting a number to it isn't the best thing to do.

I used that large number because it seems to be what the "non-casual" community wants, an epically large time investment to make it to the end difficulty. Mostly these desires seems to come from a want to boast about it, "look at me, I'm at T6, that means I really put a lot of time into it because that's the standard for getting there, time."

IMO that's not what this game is always about.

Person A:
Some people want to rush through content to get to the end, and skip lots of gear, skills and exploring.
Person B:
Some people take their time, look at every item, every skill and every corner.

Now person B spends more time to get to level 60, but is behind person A because that time wasn't spent at the 'event horizon" so to speak, of efficient playing. But according to the desire of making it a long and hard grind to get items to put you at the top, then the whole situation is contradictory.

The point of the game is random drops, but we want those random drops to cater to our play styles and characters.

It seems in a situation like that, the best thing to do is make it easily available for everyone to get to the end, but for those that want to have a challenge, impose that challenge on themselves, not have the game do it.
Reply Quote
It's not wholly about the drop rates. It's about a reasonable reward for time spent. Diablo is an ARPG, not an MMORPG. It doesn't have the content to keep people happy, simply by content.

So what else is there? Items. The only way to keep people happy is by giving them a sense of progression. If they've played days, weeks, months without a feeling of progression, they will start to ask themselves, "Why am I still playing this?"

Face the facts, the majority of even hardcore Diablo fans didn't play the game the entire 12 years it was out before it's successor. Why? Because like any other ARPG, there's not enough content to keep people going. (though ladders did help) Eventually, people will get tired of doing the same thing over and over again at some point and put the game down for a while.

Blizzard needs to realize this. This game doesn't even have the content or replay value of Diablo 2 and they think that most people are going to play it for thousands upon thousands of hours just to get one character to the point of reliably doing the hardest content? Not likely.

Then imagine how long it's going to take to get another set of gear for that character that allows a different play style, remembering that you can't turn to trading to help you.

If I were to put an actual value on how long it should take to get a character to that point with one play style (build), I would probably say somewhere around 500-750 hours.

All that being said, it never took years to complete powerful setups in LoD. Usually, I had a fully decked out (though not "perfect") character or two by ladder's end. Then I'd do it all over again.
Edited by Yura#2182 on 1/23/2014 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Shinshila
Dear Blizz.

I have played the current PTR and also a little beta on one of my friends, and I can tell that you have done a great job.The succesor of D2 is finaly here, and i'm talking about all aspects : itemization, difficulty, content,randomization.

However seeing what people talk on forums and on chats in game, are causing me some big conerns.

There are a lot of crybaby's and cazual players that request bigger drop rates, and lower difficulties.Please,PLEASE, do not listen to them.Look what they have done to World of Warcraft.Not all feedback is good feedback.

The dificulty of torment 5-6 is verry good.It is intended for players that put a lor of hours in the game ,and should stay that way.PLEASE do not nerf it.

The drop rates of legendaryes are insanely HIGH.You will ruin the game if you listen to casual players that want bigger drops.If you increase drop even higher, the game will become obsolete verry soon, and history will repeat itself.

I know that you guys have a job and need to eat.But do not let greed influence your design of the game.Casual players can stick with lower difficulties , becasue that's the whole reason you implemented a difficulty system in the first place.

Please remember what a great job some of you guys did with Diablo II where it could take years for a good rune drop, or to complete a powerfull set, or beat hell difficulty.And yet people were happy and played the game .

Again, great job you guys have done with Reaper of Souls .Please, I beg you, don't ruin the chance for it to become a memorable game.

Casuals are the best thing to happen to gaming. Your kind needs to be gone. Also as i recall it was the hardcores that were crying over low drops this week.
Reply Quote
The succesor of D2 is finaly here, and i'm talking about all aspects : itemization, difficulty, content,randomization.

Lol, I don't think so.

Those are not all the aspects that made D2 good. Definitely NOT a successor of D2.
Reply Quote
D2's economy was ruined because of Pindle bot, map hack to a degree, other bots and duping.

Also purchasing items that are acquired via above made items worthless.

There is no reason to put the same limits as were in D2 if the above exploits are addressed.

Learn to game Blizz.
Reply Quote
There are a lot of crybaby's and cazual players

^^This pretty much disqualifies your OP.
Reply Quote
I did not stop playing d2 till d3 came out. I played every day 15 hr every day for 12 yrs. now it's the same with d3. 15 hr per day every day, but Im a pro gamer. not to many of us out there gl all in ROS.. I know I'll be haveing fun.
Edited by evilgod#1534 on 1/23/2014 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
the line of being too much is a very thin and blurry line on these drop rate. personally, i don't mind of how much the drop rate are. i am more of a result oriented person. what actually drops is a concern to me.

it's personal, maybe because i did have a good experience and great luck with drops even with D3 vanilla.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:14 PMPosted by Zaino
D2's economy was ruined because of Pindle bot, map hack to a degree, other bots and duping.

I'm sure most of the D2 vets were the ones that did the above.
Also, why do all you D2 vet trolls all use the same SC2 avatar?
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Socs
I'm sure most of the D2 vets were the ones that did the above.
Also, why do all you D2 vet trolls all use the same SC2 avatar?

Most likely their D3 accounts were banned. It already happened to quite a number of them actually. :3

The Troll Slayer
Sanguine Palladian Autonomous Noob Kicker™ (S.P.A.N.K.)
AKA The Black Brigade; We Hunt For Sport ®
Caution: Let the chaos begin.
Reply Quote

IMO, you must be playing a whole different PTR than I have been, D2's successor, lol.

The drop rates of legendaryes are insanely HIGH.

I could care less about high drop rates, helps with crafting, but I would like to see more Quality personally, and I don't see this even in PTR. Can't give opinion about Beta since I don't have that access, but not really seeing Quality Legs in RoS video's either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]