Diablo® III

Legendaries: decrease drop rate; increase quality.

I think that the rate of 90-120 minutes per legendary is too high; at such a rate the quality of legendaries in Reaper of Souls is most likely going to resemble the quality of most of those that drop on live: very poor. I would not mind investing tens or hundreds of hours farming a legendary provided the quality of the one that drops reflects the legendary status it has been given. Legendary items need to be among the most powerful in the game, providing offensive and defensive stat boosts and build changing/enhancing abilities stronger than those provided by rare items - even those that have stats rerolled to make the item more useful. In addition to being an item as powerful as its name implies, a legendary should be a smart drop 100% of the time, and players farming legendaries to gear a particular hero should be doing their farming on that hero.
Reply Quote
I am by any account a casual player; look at my paragon levels/gear/etc... i got a fulltimr job and other social commitments.

I dont feel legendary rate is too low; i get 1/45min on mp3-6. The vast majority are junk though. Wouldn't mind upping the rarity if getting a legendary usually meant more than getting another brimstone
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:59 PMPosted by sae5w30
I think that the rate of 90-120 minutes per legendary is too high; at such a rate the quality of legendaries in Reaper of Souls is most likely going to resemble the quality of most of those that drop on live: very poor.

More often doesn't mean they're going to start sucking.

On the ptr all one handed legendary weapons roll pretty much around 1100 dps. There's some variance, but nothing like the spread on an echoing fury on live right now. Those roll with a dps of anywhere between 700-1300 dps, mostly. A vast majority of them that were found were instantly turned into brimstone.

That isn't going to be as much of an issue. If you brim a legendary now, it'll be because it has the wrong collection of stats, not because it's doing hundreds of less dps than similar ones of the same ilvl.
Reply Quote
I thought it would be appropriate to bump my thread due to the recent changes to legendary items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]