Diablo® III

Say hello to our new "baby nuke" AOrbit

Holy crap I understood what your math meant. Thanks doly.
Reply Quote
Love the Aorbit talk. ^_^

I like it with AT: Disruption and Canoneer. Does Aorbit make additional Canoneer shots while channeling?

I'm curious, what is the dps difference between just refreshing Aorbit after every 4 boom vs. spamming? Maybe it's just a question of timing the two frequencies (spam vs. 4-boom-refresh) since each boom presumably does the same dmg.

When I start an Arcane Dynamo AT channel, I try not to get too trigger happy with Aorbit, because at low AP it will break my AD-boosted channel and restart it non-AD.
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Melkor
Holy crap I understood what your math meant. Thanks doly.

You're welcome. It was something I needed to find out anyways. Glad I explained it clearly enough in what it means. It does make a big difference - In some cases it changes the eDPS multipliers on my tool sheet by 300% WD per second.

I have mixed feelings about mentioning this but someone is going to figure it out anyways. I discovered something else while I was testing. Familiar snapshots it's buffs. If you cast familiar before magic weapon or equipping +damage gear, you will not gain the buffs unless you recast it.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 1/24/2014 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 05:40 PMPosted by dolynick
Familiar snapshots it's buffs. If you cast familiar before magic weapon or equipping +damage gear, you will not gain the buffs unless you recast it.

Ha nice to know.
Reply Quote
I have mixed feelings about mentioning this but someone is going to figure it out anyways. I discovered something else while I was testing. Familiar snapshots it's buffs. If you cast familiar before magic weapon or equipping +damage gear, you will not gain the buffs unless you recast it.

Also of note is that if you receive any kind of attack speed buff while Familiar is active, it bugs out and slows down the rate of fire, so you have to recast it after getting such buffs (like Frenzy Shrine, the attack speed Bubble, etc). At least it was that way before this last round of hotfixes earlier today/last night/whatever.
Reply Quote
View profile
Sounds sweet Melk. Get wand of Woh and EB and it's almost like old times:)
Reply Quote
I've now stacked 30% damage buff to Arcane Orbit and let me just tell you, those little bombs do damage...especially with my spamming method.
Reply Quote
That's fantastic to hear! I've long hoped this skill would become competitive.

Still hoping someone can shed some light on this:
01/24/2014 04:53 PMPosted by Vox
I'm curious, what is the dps difference between just refreshing Aorbit after every 4 boom vs. spamming? Maybe it's just a question of timing the two frequencies (spam vs. 4-boom-refresh) since each boom presumably does the same dmg.

I don't want to be using 4 times the Aorbit AP for 5% dps boost. Hoping it's something like 50-100% Aorbit dps boost. It's SUPER expensive AP-wise.
Reply Quote
It IS super expensive Vox - and I'm not positive the payout is worth it to spam. But there are two ways to spam it : the right way, and the wrong way:

1. WRONG WAY: Click-click-click
2. RIGHT WAY - Click and Hold.

The "wrong way" can actually result in your Arcane Power well going dry without detonating a single Orb "ahead of schedule." The "right way" only works when standing within AOrbit melee range and causes the detonation sequence to be accelerated by 100% by my testing. I have very little resource reduction, and currently am running 0 APOC, though. I would need someone with 20/30 ApoC and a respectable amount of Crit to see what kind of "channeling" can be done here - but I imagine very little. The orbs are super viable however.
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 09:01 AMPosted by Melkor
15% damage to Arcane Skills
15% damage to Arcane Orb

To the best of my knowledge - after 100+ PTR wizard hours - Arcane Orb bonus is Crit Chance rather than damage. Could be wrong though.
Reply Quote
You're wrong.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 04:38 AMPosted by Wired
To the best of my knowledge - after 100+ PTR wizard hours - Arcane Orb bonus is Crit Chance rather than damage. Could be wrong though.

Legacy(D3V) gear is bonus to crit. Patch 2.0 gear is % Arcane Orb damage.
Reply Quote

-dolynick

Equip super high dmg 2 hander
Equip familiar dmg gear
Equip +arcane dmg gear
Cast Familiar: Cannoneer
Swap to max attack speed gear
Cast Electrocute
Profit?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]