Diablo® III

question bout travis answer

"We know that drop rates aren't exactly where we want them right now and it's very important to us to get as much feedback as possible during our beta. We are going to adjust the legendary drop rates via hotfix so that you guys have as much time as possible to test and give us feedback on how the changes feel, also more time for us to compile data and get RoS to be the best it can be."

Does this affect the ptr also or is it only to beta player and if it does, will it mean that when 2.0 hit live we will all have !@#$ drops till we buy ros??? Just asking because im really nervous bout the drop rate and i've been looking on these topics for quite some time now so if someone or even a blue could clarifie this for me i'd be happy to know.
Reply Quote
I believe this will take effect in both PTR and Beta.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Kratos
"We know that drop rates aren't exactly where we want them right now and it's very important to us to get as much feedback as possible during our beta. We are going to adjust the legendary drop rates via hotfix so that you guys have as much time as possible to test and give us feedback on how the changes feel, also more time for us to compile data and get RoS to be the best it can be."

Does this affect the ptr also or is it only to beta player and if it does, will it mean that when 2.0 hit live we will all have !@#$ drops till we buy ros??? Just asking because im really nervous bout the drop rate and i've been looking on these topics for quite some time now so if someone or even a blue could clarifie this for me i'd be happy to know.

It has to be overall I don't see them coding 61+ players only to have the rate higher..

Remember In PTR/ROS mobs are your level..
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Necx
It has to be overall I don't see them coding 61+ players only to have the rate higher..

Remember In PTR/ROS mobs are your level..

Thx mate that make sense and you relieved alot of stress from my shoulder.
Back to gaming :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes it affects both.

Also not sure if you saw but Travis posted a followup this afternoon saying they are going to double the current drop rates and also look into the bug that is allowing people to go too long with legendaries.

I too feel much better about ROS and drop rates now.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
When drop rates for Legendary items are increased it will be for the beta and PTR. We're looking forward to having you all test it out, and letting us know what you think!
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
When drop rates for Legendary items are increased it will be for the beta and PTR. We're looking forward to having you all test it out, and letting us know what you think!

Is the hot-fix for this drop-rate increase still due for today or will it be for next week?
Reply Quote
The problem is to focus on the fun when it should be secondary Drop, and be the game itself that fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
chill people

it's coming soon, I'm pretty certain. The devs don't come out of hiding unless they have changes planned. It will be tonight or tomorrow before this weekend. They want us to test the "stuff" it must be the weekend.
Reply Quote

i will be surely test this out i was waiting for this since ptr started :D

ptr here i come when is the hotfix next week or ??
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:21 PMPosted by dutchy666

i will be surely test this out i was waiting for this since ptr started :D

ptr here i come when is the hotfix next week or ??

Soon™
Reply Quote
What's great is taking a giant list of problems and then addressing only one like it will fix everything. If we could get info on all the other giant flaws in the game that were so well articulated in the "TheTias" /droth comments that would be great.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Spite
What's great is taking a giant list of problems and then addressing only one like it will fix everything. If we could get info on all the other giant flaws in the game that were so well articulated in the "TheTias" /droth comments that would be great.

Well Loot and getting loot ala drop rates are the main reason to play a game like D3. I'm sure they are working on everything.. but if they were to make a post about them all that would probably not be efficient.

But yes I understand the other problems you refer to BUT. ... if i'm having fun killing and looting when the game goes live on the 25th.. I can wait a few more months for a few big patches ya know?
Reply Quote
MVP
I for one cannot wait to test these hotfixes!

I loved the F&F so much and I can't wait to restore that feeling of the next greatest drop being right there around the corner.
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Reply Quote
PTR loot is still bugged though right?
Reply Quote
View profile
Ok so everybody BREATHE. :)
Reply Quote
MVP
01/23/2014 03:31 PMPosted by Spectral

PTR and Beta run in the same testing environment, so any hotfixes applied towards the beta will also be applied towards the PTR.
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:31 PMPosted by Spectral

Of course...buggy loot/crafting on PTR is not important.
Everyone just wants more legs per hour... -.-
Reply Quote
So is Traving going to answer more of the relevant questions that has been raised in the "MVP thread"? Or the "Gosu thread"?
Or was he just stepping in to stop the fire? :)

Droprates matter, but they are one of many issues that is lacking answers, or at least descriptions on what the goals and visions of the developers are.
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/23/2014 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]