Diablo® III

question bout travis answer

01/23/2014 03:37 PMPosted by UGotGanked
so when is Blizzard going to remove BOA limitations on PTR? lets just get it over with and avoid the pitfall before ROS releases.

Why would they remove one of the best additions to RoS :S
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:31 PMPosted by Spectral
PTR loot is still bugged though right?

Yes PTR loot is still bugged. Only answer I got is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11290688994?page=5#100

Posted around a Day ago . So hopefully someone notices it and gets it in the Hotfix
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:28 PMPosted by DrothVader
I for one cannot wait to test these hotfixes!

I loved the F&F so much and I can't wait to restore that feeling of the next greatest drop being right there around the corner.

I tend to reserve my feelings for D3 these days. Too many up's and down's this past year.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Apathy

I loved the F&F so much and I can't wait to restore that feeling of the next greatest drop being right there around the corner.

I tend to reserve my feelings for D3 these days. Too many up's and down's this past year.

Same. I'll wait until the fixes are final before I'll start praising the D3/D3: RoS development team.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:32 PMPosted by ArcticShadow
Ok so everybody BREATHE. :)

On these forums? Highly unlikely.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/23/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Brad
"When" is the keyword. Hence, it's not happened yet, so cool your shorts.

Just posted this in another thread, but figured I'd hop in here for visibility too. Pardon the repetition. :)

No ETA to share at the moment as to when the hotfix will go live. It needs to be implemented, tested, and then deployed, and all three of those steps can take different, sometimes varying periods of time to complete depending on the type of hotfix. We'll update these threads once it's live, though:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895929630
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895929629
Edited by Lylirra on 1/23/2014 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

So your not quitting then?
Reply Quote
Can't wait hope it works and stays and we get mad legendarys whether good or bad!
Reply Quote
Not ETA to share at the moment as to when the hotfix will go live.

Grammar Police detected an error.

Will it fix the level requirement thing?
Reply Quote
Hope it provides a lot of drops whether good or bad I for one didn't want to be a shard farmer.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Brad
"When" is the keyword. Hence, it's not happened yet, so cool your shorts.

It needs to be implemented, tested, and then deployed, and all three of those steps can take different, sometimes unpredictable periods of time to complete. We'll update these threads once it's live, though:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895929630
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895929629

Uh, no. If someone actually cracked the whip over there like a professional executive director should, these three steps should not have to take "unpredictable" periods of time to complete. You know you are taking more time than you need. You need to focus on delivering vs your sweet time to get things done and expecting the fans to wait on you forever. Other companies understand that and don't take advantage of their fans. The Diablo team has gotten too comfortable with this. SC and WOW can do this because they constantly deliver. Diablo does not.

BTW this is directed at the Dev team, not Lylirra personally to clarify...
Reply Quote
Why is a system being designed that punishes players who put tons of effort into making their characters able to clear mobs very quickly?
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Zaino
Why is a system being designed that punishes players who put tons of effort into making their characters able to clear mobs very quickly?

In what ways are those being punished? :S

Although I think a better "here is a legendary because you havent found one in a while"-system would be something like this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11364006561?page=1

Incentivizing elite killing, exploration and whatever else you would like to reward in the game.
Not like killing monsters and being in combat for hours should need any extra incentivizing, that should be the game already.
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/23/2014 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Zaino

That's putting it nicely. They are actually punishing us for wanting to play the game. We are also punished for being correct, for being skilled at the game, and for giving our time to the game. Not to mention being punished for having fun!

Wait till the second expansion. That's when Diablo 3 (full version) will finally be released.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/23/2014 05:03 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Grammar Police detected an error.

Will it fix the level requirement thing?

No, the hotfix in question will only affect Legendary drop rates, as called out in the threads I linked. The bug related to the Reduced Level Requirement affix rolling too frequently is a known issue, but I believe will require a patch to address (it's not currently slated for a hotfix).

And fixed. :P
Edited by Lylirra on 1/23/2014 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
This drop rate applies to PTR too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]