question bout travis answer

01/23/2014 05:15 PMPosted by leoman
This drop rate applies to PTR too?

Yes.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Yup. That's why it's included in this thread in the PTR forum (which only includes hotfixes that will apply to the PTR):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895929629
Reply Quote

01/23/2014 03:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
When drop rates for Legendary items are increased it will be for the beta and PTR. We're looking forward to having you all test it out, and letting us know what you think!
Reply Quote
When drop rate %'s are changed is there a quality slider that also gets adjusted as well?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/23/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Zeyta
If someone actually cracked the whip over there like a professional executive director should, these three steps should not have to take "unpredictable" periods of time to complete.

You're actually correct. Changed "unpredictable" to "varying" (since it's more accurate) and added a clarification that the length of time can depend on the hotfix itself and what it's addressing.
Edited by Lylirra on 1/23/2014 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lylirra: Any update on Forum Avatars?
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
01/23/2014 05:03 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Grammar Police detected an error.

Will it fix the level requirement thing?

No, the hotfix in question will only affect Legendary drop rates, as called out in the threads I linked. The bug related to the Reduced Level Requirement affix rolling too frequently [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11290688994?page=5#100"]is a known issue[/url], but I believe will require a patch to address (it's not currently slated for a hotfix).

And fixed. :P

Glad to see you have a sense of humor. Must be daunting in the face of such passionate fans of this game.

On another note- I had quite a good time in PTR the other day- Torment 5 takes a while but it's do-able.
I'm torn between trying to get paragon levels in d3v and testing PTR.

the only thing im really confused about in ptr is getting some of the crafting materials. Some say acquired from salvaging legendarys but when i do- i still dont get the mats.... perhaps im just not a good forum searcher.
Edited by Reaper#11598 on 1/23/2014 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It needs to be implemented, tested, and then deployed, and all three of those steps can take different, sometimes unpredictable periods of time to complete. We'll update these threads once it's live, though:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895929630

Uh, no. If someone actually cracked the whip over there like a professional executive director should, these three steps should not have to take "unpredictable" periods of time to complete.

What, exactly, do you even know about software development or patching/hot-fixing?? I've dealt with a corrupted database problem affecting 6 major hospitals. Patient records were inaccessible. People could, conceivable, have died (wrong meds, right meds at the wrong time, wrong diet, etc...). I had our CEO, our VP, my director and manager AND the Quebec provincial government on my case.

It took us 6 weeks at roughly 18 hours a day to fix such a crucial problem. That's with 4 in-house developers, a Microsoft engineer, an IBM engineer, sysadmins for Wintel and Unix machines, SAN operators, and network admins.

Doesn't matter who cracks the whip; when something takes 5 hours, it's gonna take 5 hours, and there's diddly squat you or any "executive director" is going to be able to do about it

You know you are taking more time than you need. You need to focus on delivering vs your sweet time to get things done and expecting the fans to wait on you forever.

...aaaaaaand Blizzard should also make sure that they have their stories straight when the hot-fix they rush out at players' requests breaks another half-dozen things...

Other companies understand that and don't take advantage of their fans. The Diablo team has gotten too comfortable with this. SC and WOW can do this because they constantly deliver. Diablo does not.

Odd. Visited the Starcraft 2 or WoW forums lately? I've seen the same crap there that I see here; Zerg whines about the other two races being too powerful, and how Zerg units are badly designed and how Blizzard sucks and don't know what they're doing. Terran says the same about Protoss and Zerg, and Protoss says the same about Terran and Zerg. It's not a Diablo thing, it's a Blizzard thing. They're the company everyone loves to rag on now.
Edited by Zaskaszh#1831 on 1/23/2014 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
01/23/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Socs
So your not quitting then?

Not if the changes can bring back that feeling of the next greatest drop being right around the corner like there was during the F&F.
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
01/23/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Zeyta
If someone actually cracked the whip over there like a professional executive director should, these three steps should not have to take "unpredictable" periods of time to complete.

You're actually correct. Changed "unpredictable" to "varying" (since it's more accurate) and added a clarification that the length of time can actually depend on the hotfix itself and what it's addressing.

Thanks for addressing it! That's why you're my fave CM, Lylirra! :D Now if only the Devs could implement changes as quickly as you do! :P
Reply Quote
ME:

Uh, no. If someone actually cracked the whip over there like a professional executive director should, these three steps should not have to take "unpredictable" periods of time to complete.

Zaskaszh:

What, exactly, do you even know about software development or patching/hot-fixing?? I've dealt with a corrupted database problem affecting 6 major hospitals. Patient records were inaccessible. People could, conceivable, have died (wrong meds, right meds at the wrong time, wrong diet, etc...). I had our CEO, our VP, my director and manager AND the Quebec provincial government on my case.

It took us 6 weeks at roughly 18 hours a day to fix such a crucial problem. That's with 4 in-house developers, a Microsoft engineer, an IBM engineer, sysadmins for Wintel and Unix machines, SAN operators, and network admins.

Doesn't matter who cracks the whip; when something takes 5 hours, it's gonna take 5 hours, and there's diddly squat you or any "executive director" is going to be able to do about it

All I need to know is what I've seen on most other games. Some games have a far bigger load of work to do than the Diablo team and have far less recourses and workers to do so, and they deliver faster, better, and more. There is NO excuse for taking years to produce only a few features that have many issues. You should know better than to compare the Diablo team's work on a game, where they have quite a bit of control over, to something like what you were dealing with that is far more complex, critical, and that you probably didn't have as much control over as you would have preferred.

ME:

You know you are taking more time than you need. You need to focus on delivering vs your sweet time to get things done and expecting the fans to wait on you forever.

Zaskaszh:

...aaaaaaand Blizzard should also make sure that they have their stories straight when the hot-fix they rush out at players' requests breaks another half-dozen things...

That's the thing. They need to improve not just speed, but the quality they produce at a faster speed. It's not just one thing. When a company announces a new feature, they need to get it out fast and in good quality. Not take three times as long and produce a shoddy product.

ME:

Other companies understand that and don't take advantage of their fans. The Diablo team has gotten too comfortable with this. SC and WOW can do this because they constantly deliver. Diablo does not.

Zaskaszh:

Odd. Visited the Starcraft 2 or WoW forums lately? I've seen the same crap there that I see here; Zerg whines about the other two races being too powerful, and how Zerg units are badly designed and how Blizzard sucks and don't know what they're doing. Terran says the same about Protoss and Zerg, and Protoss says the same about Terran and Zerg. It's not a Diablo thing, it's a Blizzard thing. They're the company everyone loves to rag on now.

They are an E-sport. They have tons of complaints because of how active the players are on that game and how things are changing every second as those competitions go on. Diablo is not an e-sport. It's very straightforward, and yet little changes take months to years. The Diablo team said they didn't want to complicate things with precise balancing. Okay, so they aren't. So what is their excuse for still taking so long?
Edited by Zeyta#1370 on 1/23/2014 7:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Can you tell us more about the timer?
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Zaino
Why is a system being designed that punishes players who put tons of effort into making their characters able to clear mobs very quickly?

how does it punish players? They already stated that.

Hours is more kills, and drop rate is the same.

I suspect that hours is probably bad wording, if smart it's more like, after 3k kills you havn't gotten a legendary your chances go up. Rather then simply 5 hours in town will max your chance of legendary
Reply Quote
I suspect that hours is probably bad wording, if smart it's more like, after 3k kills you havn't gotten a legendary your chances go up. Rather then simply 5 hours in town will max your chance of legendary

I think that after x item drops if you haven't gotten a leg your chances go up would be more fair. Just putting it out there. Don't worry, dev's are smart people, they'll figure it out.
Reply Quote
[quote="114212642290"]
Everyone just wants more legs per hour... -.-

This is in fact what I want.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
The bug related to the Reduced Level Requirement affix rolling too frequently [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11290688994?page=5#100"]is a known issue[/url], but I believe will require a patch to address (it's not currently slated for a hotfix).

And fixed. :P

Why would an item rolling issue require a patch? Items are rolled on the server. Or - aren't they? Now that would be interesting...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As an update for everyone, the Legendary drop rate hotfix is live for both PTR and beta. Threads have been updated:

Reply Quote
01/24/2014 10:09 AMPosted by Lylirra
As an update for everyone, the Legendary drop rate hotfix is live for both PTR and beta. Threads have been updated:

Its also for EU live?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]