Diablo® III

Primary rerolling, rares vs legs

Do legendary items have higher max primary rerolls than their same level rares?

I.E.would IK trifecta gloves reroll more intel than archon trifecta rare gloves?
Reply Quote
Yes.

It varies from slot to slot but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's roughly about 100 more (sometimes higher) on a legendary than on a rare for a level 60 affix. I think it may actual step up to the next range (IE, rings are 219, gloves 349, unsure what's next... 500ish?) but I can't say for certain.

It's the same for all affixes. Not just primary stats. For example, that's why legendaries roll/re-roll higher damage than rares too.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Doly is right. Max primary roll on bracer is 500 for leg at 70. 400 for rare at 70. Helms roll well over 700 on leg 70 helm.
Reply Quote
Another question:

Does a rare ring with a listed ilvl of 60 have lower reroll ranges than a rare ring with listed ilvl of 62?
Reply Quote
Don't think so. 60-63 are the same. Don't have access to the mystic so I can't say for sure but I've never noticed it or heard mention of it.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
No BDF. If it said 61,62, on the ring, now it says 60.
Reply Quote
01/25/2014 07:02 PMPosted by dolynick
Don't think so. 60-63 are the same. Don't have access to the mystic so I can't say for sure but I've never noticed it or heard mention of it.

-dolynick

Things that drop on llive have their affix levels determined by the level of the monster that dropped them (lvl 63), and since rings/amulets don't have base armor/base dmg all of their possible affix ranges on live will be identical, but does that hold true for the mystic or will it come into play again? All items no longer have their ilvl displayed, just the lvl required to equip them...but that doesn't tell us one way or another whether or not it is still a factor in determining how it gets rerolled. From what little I saw Jaetch reroll last night it seemed that current ilvl63 legendaries were all rolling substantially better than ilvl62 legendaries, so I was wondering if the game doesn't forget the ilvl of the item and uses it to determine what the roll ranges of the item to be.

01/25/2014 07:14 PMPosted by Melkor
No BDF. If it said 61,62, on the ring, now it says 60.

I know it no longer displays what the ilvl was, but I was wondering if it still made a difference.
Reply Quote
Note to self.

Get a good pair of Life % vile wards with vit + primary to reroll
Reply Quote
Don't break your bank on that. Shoulders are probably the first slot to replace in ROS.
Reply Quote
Vox is right

350+ int
350+ vit
80+ All Res
+Armor/life%

drop like crazy all day in ROS beta
Reply Quote
View profile
I have PTR shoulders that have high 200s int and vit, 80+ AR, 11% familiar damage, and 30% primary resource restored on health globe pickup. So, I basically get old school power hungry for free.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]