Diablo® III

ROS: Content + legendaries = fun..here's what's NOT

I've seen so many posts in regard to the ROS drop rates that I thought, "man, we could really use one more"...so here it is after about 2 months of beta

1. The drop rates for legs, leg plans, crafting mats are far too low. I can play maybe 3-4 hours a day, say 4-5 times a week when my everyday routine is calm and in the past 2 weeks I've gotten maybe 2 crafting mats. The same one, twice. (This is NOT fun)

2. If I reroll a "socket(1)" on an item the other two choices SHOULD NOT BE "socket(1)". I get caught in endless "mystic loops" of the same props over and over- sometimes 5 rolls in a row (This is NOT FUN)

3. Nephalem Rifts are BROKEN. I 'tried' to run 5 last night. Only once was I able to finish before the game inexplicably crashed - mind you I have virtually no other crash issues, just the rifts
(This is NOT fun)

4. Gear progression hits an insta-wall in the latest patch at about lvl67. I play solely HC and Not finding an upgrade if I am already steam rolling T6 and have maxed out sweet gear wouldn't be surprising. Not being able to craft, find, or gamble for a decent piece of level 67 armor is soul-crushing. It is a game, not a job. (This is NOT fun)

5. If you want to make legendary items near impossible to find then they should always be game breakers (or darn close)...in beta they are impossible to find and mainly vendor fodder (also NOT fun)

All in all, bounties, rifts, devils hand, reflection pools and act5 are all good steps but, in my opinion, they all fall apart without the POTENTIAL for good drops. Right now I don't feel like I will ever find anything. We can't trade, there isn't an AH...so finding loot is the only way. If you then make that loot impossible to find what message are you sending?

I can tell you the message it ISN'T sending - buy the xpac

Perhaps the worst part is that so many players have echoed similar sentiments that the drops are bad and too sparse and the response has largely been that it "is in the right ballpark."

Right ballpark, wrong sport
Edited by marmoset#1939 on 1/23/2014 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well I suppose people will group up to maximize their chances to get better loot at max level (and at the highest torment difficulty then can pull off obviously). Travis also mentioned the legendary drop rate being around 2 hours with a better luck program boosting your chances considerably after X time.

In addition, all this talk of legs makes me confused. Why are people so fixated on legendary leg drops?
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:40 PMPosted by googoogaga
Well I suppose people will group up to maximize their chances to get better loot at max level (and at the highest torment difficulty then can pull off obviously). Travis also mentioned the legendary drop rate being around 2 hours with a better luck program boosting your chances considerably after X time.

In addition, all this talk of legs makes me confused. Why are people so fixated on legendary leg drops?

I've tried group runs, pubs, varying difficulties and I don't see a substantial change in the loot profiles. Doing T1 bounties with a full group at best would net me a legendary(leg) plan and a crafting mat- very, very rarely would I see something 'potentially' good drop and it pretty much wasn't good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]