Diablo® III

Where is RESIST ALL? Oh, and LEG timers.

I don't know how others feel about this but I find extremely annoying that most of the new gear dropping is without resist all. Not that all gear should have it but it seems that it has been replaced with singled out resistances. There are many problems to this:

-Now when gear drops without resist all and instead one focused resist, I have to then worry about one more affix to re-roll, this can make what could have been a good item an OK item. I know some will answer well that's what the Diamonds are for. Two things detract from that answer.

1) That singled out resist could have been a better affix and now I have to roll enchanting on it to fix it, then what happens if there was another affix I wanted to change and now can't, the item is now garbage.

2) Another issue that comes up is that not having resist all on NEW gear adds another element of resistance to replacing our legacy gear. This is further compounded by the fact that much of the new gear seems, just awful!!

-I have noticed another path that the Devs seem to want to take with "resistance," is an element of immunity to some gear. My Crusader has an amulet that not only takes 0 damage from poison but actually heals from it. I don't know if all of these types of items are only for neck pieces but can you imagine if they are out there on varying armor types. Plus I don't one have micro the hell out of my characters like this.

I'm sure there are more issues with this that other people have seen and I encourage people to add to this post that I have started. Maybe some people have an opposing view to this that they can add that would bring this back into the realm of common sense. This is just one of many issues with this game right now.

I hope I am one of those in Beta right now that is bugged, bc my drop rates for LEGS is awful. I saw the post by Travis that said every 2 hrs or so a LEG should drop. This has not been my experience so far. So a question about this 2 hour timer, does the timer stay active when I have logged out for the day and I have only played an hour and then resume at an hour when I begin playing again the next day? Also, do each of my characters have their own timers or do they all share an account wide timer?

Kind of threw that last issue on there as it has been a big one over the past couple days.
Edited by ForTheHorde#1717 on 1/23/2014 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Check new gem Diamond on gear gives Res All.

Primary/secondary stats are in such plethora, that you do not need primary stat gems in gear at later levels.
Reply Quote
Immunity legendaries should not exist. Ever.
Gear switching to abuse those legendaries that should not exist... should obviously not exist either. Bad gameplay.

As for resistances, it would actually be cool if you could start replacing some AR with single resists.
Single resist just need to be able to roll to 300 instead.
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/23/2014 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Pri
Check new gem Diamond on gear gives Res All.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here but I assume that you mean that diamonds now take care of resist all and yes I talked about that:

01/23/2014 02:25 PMPosted by ForTheHorde
-Now when gear drops without resist all and instead one focused resist, I have to then worry about one more affix to re-roll, this can make what could have been a good item an OK item. I know some will answer well that's what the Diamonds are for.

But, I go on to explain myself. If the majority of the community wants Diamonds to be the way to gain resist, then I would say get rid of the singled out resist then, otherwise if resist affix is applied during the RNG of an item make it resist all.
Reply Quote
At the moment AR is a primary affix and a single resist is a secondary. Although it seems that AR will not roll on an item with a single resist and vice versa. I think the idea is that people will use single resists more often than not then use diamonds to fill in any gaps in your resistances.

One of the main issues with resists is OWE on monks. I expect something will change before release, possibly no more OWE (or nerfed in some way) and both AR and single resist become secondary affixes but that's pure speculation. If they're both secondary at least you have the chance to reroll a single into AR. You may also see singles rolling 2-4 times higher than AR which makes singles more viable as Shadout suggested.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Solavox
You may also see singles rolling 2-4 times higher than AR which makes singles more viable as Shadout suggested.

This I could definitely deal with, as it stands now it seems that the single resist are way too low for myself and would guess most others to find very useful, except in maybe some weird build or with the Monk ability that tops off all other resists to be equal to the highest resist, like you said.
Edited by ForTheHorde#1717 on 1/23/2014 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:25 PMPosted by ForTheHorde
I hope I am one of those in Beta right now that is bugged, bc my drop rates for LEGS is awful. I saw the post by Travis that said every 2 hrs or so a LEG should drop. This has not been my experience so far. So a question about this 2 hour timer, does the timer stay active when I have logged out for the day and I have only played an hour and then resume at an hour when I begin playing again the next day? Also, do each of my characters have their own timers or do they all share an account wide timer?

its not yet implemented it needs a hotfix so be sure to stay tuned next weep probably :)
Reply Quote
don't neglect the +armour

does exactly the same job as all resist
Reply Quote
IMO, AR shouldn't even be a rollable affix. It should be included on gems, a handful of legendary items or as a set bonus. After all, what's the point of having all of the single resists if you have all resist? Sort of redundant, don't you think?

That and I don't think they said they're going to make it to where you get a legendary every two hours, but rather that after that point, you will start getting an incrementally increased bonus chance for a legendary to drop until it does. It will then reset the timer. At least, that's what I gathered from Day's post.
Reply Quote
^

I wholeheartedly disagree with the OP's post and hope to god that blizzard does the opposite, and gets rid of the redundancy of armor/ AR.

I have posted several times now that AR shouldn't be a common roll... and instead be extremely rare (Diamonds/ Legendaries/ Skills).

Additionally, Physical resist should be removed from the game ENTIRELY. Blizzard can make it happen by converting PR into a one time armor bonus at the rate of 10 armor for each PR point (conversion not occurring on AR).

Next, armor should be changed to ONLY affect physical damage... and NPC damage could be cut across the board at a proportion equal to the cut.
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 1/23/2014 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 04:49 PMPosted by Yura
That and I don't think they said they're going to make it to where you get a legendary every two hours, but rather that after that point, you will start getting an incrementally increased bonus chance for a legendary to drop until it does. It will then reset the timer. At least, that's what I gathered from Day's post.

yes it should only activate after two hours, ideally the system should never kick in at all

the timer counts time in combat not in town or logged out
Reply Quote
Just ran for about 4 hours without a LEG drop there must be a bug right now!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]