Diablo® III

Sankekur's Sorrow

Of all the name's Blizz has presented to the new Mephisto inspired legendary this is the only one that makes an homage to D2 and it's lore.

Don't let the new leg. get a generic name!!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12539722/design-a-legendary-part-5-choose-your-name-vote-1-23-2014

For those who don't know Sankekur:

http://www.diablowiki.net/Sankekur

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Sankekur

Edit: Something that I read looking at the comment section on the vote blog's that, why theres not an option to be able to recast the vote?
Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 1/27/2014 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Common people do you really prefer those generic names?
Reply Quote
Well I doubt a lot of people knew who Sankekur was before voting, but I feel extremely sad that shard of hate is winning.....hell spine of the father makes more sense than shard of hate...
Reply Quote
Shard of Hate?... that's so lame. It's not even a "shard", it's a sword that in no way resembles a shard.

Spine of the Father or Sankekur should be the only real competition.
Reply Quote
Voted! (for Sankekur's Sorrow of course)
Edited by Redbalrog#6988 on 1/23/2014 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
i wanna name it 'tribute to Josh Mosquera'.
consider it as a parting gift.
Reply Quote
Shard of hate for me. I don't really feel like this game deserves any call back to the great predecessors #1&2.
Reply Quote
They decided at the beginning that they want to make a legendary that is good for every class except the DH, so why should I care? Shard of Hate sounds better as an alternate name for Fiery Brimstone than any of the other names.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Cyberbeni
They decided at the beginning that they want to make a legendary that is good for every class except the DH, so why should I care? Shard of Hate sounds better as an alternate name for Fiery Brimstone than any of the other names.

That is so funny. I totally agree with you. LOL
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Cyberbeni
why should I care?

Because once we have the power to make an homage to D2. Simple.
Reply Quote
I think most people didn't vote for this one because they didn't know who it is.

I actually think this name wouldn't be bad, but its also not really "Mephisto".

Consider this:

Would you want the name of a Diablo inspired item to be "Leah's Anger" or similar?
Reply Quote
They should have done a funny one. Like Rakanishu's Petrified Dong. If you don't want to make a coherent game, at least make me laugh :-D
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:11 PMPosted by Apathy
I actually think this name wouldn't be bad, but its also not really "Mephisto".

It's better than the others. It's related to mephisto lore-wise.

01/23/2014 05:11 PMPosted by Apathy
Would you want the name of a Diablo inspired item to be "Leah's Anger" or similar?

My answer? ugh....
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 05:16 PMPosted by Seronn
Like Rakanishu's Petrified Dong.

Wirt's Other leg.
Reply Quote
Are you people really going to let those generic names win?
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 06:43 AMPosted by Ravlaor
Are you people really going to let those generic names win?

There's like 10 people in this thread... I'm sure us people have a huge influence on thousands of votes.
Reply Quote
There's like 10 people in this thread... I'm sure us people have a huge influence on thousands of votes.

Unfortunately.
Reply Quote
Lol shard of hate, What a generic name? I got another name, The Shard
Reply Quote
"Spine of the Father" and "Shard of Hate" sound like a rare weapon's name.

It would have been better if they were named "Spine of Mephisto" or "Shard of Mephisto".

So "Sankekur's Sorrow" gets my vote.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]