Diablo® III

super high-dps ammy/ring? [added video]

01/27/2014 10:53 PMPosted by Spyky
off topic, but how do you tell which is the split roll?

I bought the ring below for the lol.
http://d3up.com/i/19129052

You don't. Diablo 3 does not disclose which stats belong to which affixes. That ring could have any of the following affix combinations:

1) Str and Int/Vit
2) Int and Str/Vit
3) Vit and Str/Int

There is no way to tell which is which until RoS hits. Sometimes, you can tell indirectly, though.

For example, on pants, a Vit affix can roll up to 200, but a Vit/Primary affix can roll 100 Vit and 100 Primary. Therefore, if you have a pair of pants with 250 Vit and 50 Int, then that has to be a Vit and Vit/Int roll. No other option. However, that could be 150 Vit and 100 Vit/50 Int, or a 200 Vit and 50 Vit/50 Int affix, or anything in between. The latter would be ideal, as that would allow you to roll it into a big Int affix, while losing only 50 Vit.

Another example: Storm Crow comes with 90-100 Str/Dex/Int/Vit. That's considered a single affix. There's no way to tell except by just knowing it. This means you can reroll all 4 of those stats into a single Int or Vit affix, which is kind of a waste. However, this also means you can reroll a different primary affix (I think the elite damage roll is primary) into Int, leaving you with something like 90-100 Str/Dex/Vit and 300+ Int. That's pretty damn nice.
Reply Quote
hmm I think no1 dps barb used to have 531k dps unbuffed(I know cos I only accept barbs with 530+k dps for crypt runs lol) but now he's only got 515k dps, n looks like he lost dps with the new noob ring.
33-57, 9ias, 6cc, 50cd, os + 43 arcane resist.. lol
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 1/28/2014 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
His best bet for dps would be to enchant 33-57 damage to 300+main stat. He would have 300+280(gem in socket) = 580 main stat with 9ias, 6cc, 50cd. Its not bad though. It would be better though to enchant the damage to reduce resource or cooldown reduction.

In my opinion min/max damage is kinda worthless to have. 33-57 damage out of 2000-3000+ damage range from level 70 weapons make it pointless. You want to have stats that scale well. Crit, crit damage, ias, life%, sockets, etc.. are the stats from vanilla gear that will do well.
Reply Quote
@OP
your second ring 16-46dmg, 400int, 46vit, 8ias, 47cd, 4.5cc

Damage is not as beneficial and while int is good to have, remember that at level 70 you will have lots of int. You are missing some cc, cd, and ias.

Consider finding a ring with perfect ias and cc stats with socket.

100int, 9ias, 50cd, socket, random primary
enchant random primary to 6crit

100int, 9ias, 50cd, 6crit, socket (280int)
= 380int, 9ias, 50cd, 6crit

vs your

16-46dmg, 400int, 46vit, 8ias, 47cd, 4.5cc

If you are patient with watching AH, you can probably pick up a 100int, 9ias, 50cd, socket, random primary for less than 10mil.
You can always find as an alternative 100int, 9ias, 6crit, socket, random primary. And enchant the random primary to 50cd. Again this can be found for really cheap on AH
Reply Quote
@Aw3s0m0

Your ring
35-67, 6ias, 6cc, 34cd, os, random primary

This ring the random primary should be used for reduce resource or cool down reduction. I think its a waste if you use the enchanting to get main stats.

Lets say you decide to enchant ring to 400int you get:
35-67, 6ias, 6cc, 34cd, 680 int (400 + 280 gem)

vs

100int, 9ias, 6cc, os, random primary (enchant to 50cd)
380int (100 +280gem), 9ias, 6cc, 50cd

Difference is:
35-67, 300int
vs
3ias, 14cd

With how high level 70 weapons damage ranges are and how much int you will have at 70, I will lean towards the +3ias, 14cd with the higher dps. The best option is to use your trifecta ring and enchant random primary for reduce resource or cooldown reduction. Thats where your trifecta rings would really shine.
Edited by ItchyFingers#1567 on 1/28/2014 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you have to reroll for CHC then you will lose it every time you want something else. (you can reroll as many times as you want)

Say after a year mainstat is diminished hard or you change build and playstyle to what ever.

I would go for a random primary to have the option for main vs CDR or stuff like that.

Or just buy a lot of rings lol :D
Reply Quote
Yeah, for lots of options its good to have multiple rings. Save the socket trifecta for cooldown reduction and reduce resource cost. Get good bi-fecta for dps. Bi-fecta are cheap.

Just checked AH now and theres a socket, 9ias, 6crit, 79int. 54vit ring for 8mil only.
Enchant vit to 50cd and you got your trifecta dps ring.
280+79int, 9ias, 6crit, 50cd

That should be as good as any imperfect trifecta enchated for dps.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 10:18 AMPosted by ItchyFingers
His best bet for dps would be to enchant 33-57 damage to 300+main stat. He would have 300+280(gem in socket) = 580 main stat with 9ias, 6cc, 50cd. Its not bad though. It would be better though to enchant the damage to reduce resource or cooldown reduction.

In my opinion min/max damage is kinda worthless to have. 33-57 damage out of 2000-3000+ damage range from level 70 weapons make it pointless. You want to have stats that scale well. Crit, crit damage, ias, life%, sockets, etc.. are the stats from vanilla gear that will do well.

I only called it a noob ring cos its got arcane resist instead primary, for some reason i thought he was gonna try to reroll arcane.. :) but its a great ring, n it'll be the no1 d3v ring by far if it had primary stat instead arcane resist. n not sure bout ros but i get extra 3.9k dps from my ring with current gear. (36-71, 6, 5.5, 41 vs 9, 6, 50)

Anyway looks like I made mistake on the first post, cos it should be 600int on ammy and 500int on ring. (i think u can reroll the primary stat to 220int on rings and 320int on ammy + 280 from gem)
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 1/28/2014 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
01/28/2014 07:45 PMPosted by ItchyFingers
Just checked AH now and theres a socket, 9ias, 6crit, 79int. 54vit ring for 8mil only.
Enchant vit to 50cd and you got your trifecta dps ring.
280+79int, 9ias, 6crit, 50cd

Level 60s rings in RoS cap out their crit damage in the 20% range. It's not going to be able to reroll to high numbers.

The Mystic was originally intended to enchant item stats based on your character's level, but now it's based on the item's level. 50% crit damage on rings can only be achieved on level 70 rings in RoS or legacy rings you bring in with a native 50% CD.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/28/2014 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
wow thats the first Ive heard of that change. What about crit? will they be 6crit at item level 60 rings? Is it the same for rare and legendary items?

ammy would be capped at 50crit damage then?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Current max level rare jewelry stats (rings 6 CC, 50 CD; amulets 10 CC, 100 CD) can be found on RoS's level 70 rare jewelry. It's all based on the item's level.
Reply Quote
Oh right but didnt a blue say mystics was bugged and not working as intended. I guess you could always choose crit damage and reroll for crit.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
01/29/2014 03:54 PMPosted by ItchyFingers
Oh right but didnt a blue say mystics was bugged and not working as intended. I guess you could always choose crit damage and reroll for crit.

You can. The options just won't be in the 40-50% range. If you attempt to reroll a legacy rare ring's 36% crit damage to something higher, you'll face crit damage in the 20s range (if not a different primary stat altogether).

The bug right now is that you won't even get the proper choices to display, even after clicking through to enchant a property.
Reply Quote
mystic is soo confusing.. almost bought ~110int, ~140vit ammy with ~20-40dmg, ~95cd, 10cc for 2bil yesterday, cos I thought maybe I can reroll vit for the int n keep the existing 110int(710int all up) but apparently u can't reroll the vit for more int n keep the 110int..

but I think pretty much all the ammy/ring without os is gonna be useless in ros.
e.g. https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/786x314q90/854/5nx9.jpg
ring1: 21-43, 220int, 9ias, 50cd, 6cc
ring2: 35-67, 220int, 6ias, 34cd, 6cc + 280int
ring2 = ring1 + 32k dps (mainly cos extra 280int)

ss of the ring after mystic + gem.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/381x443q90/59/rgxm.jpg
feel free to pm me in ptr if u wanna compare the dps difference etc.
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 1/30/2014 5:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Still haven't replaced my rings or amulet in RoS after ~ 20+ hours of playing as a level 70 toon. Even if I roll a perfect int + 6/10/50 ring, my current rings, boosted up to 220 int with high trifecta + a damage roll, will out-dps any RoS rings.

The only way I'll ever be equipping RoS rings or an amulet is if there are unique effects and/or set bonuses involved, otherwise, you might as well not even pick up rare jewelry in RoS.

Another worry, all of my rare gear is close to max dps, with 4/2 rolls, (my gloves are close to 600 int with 6/50/10). After 20 hours, having nearly maxed all of this gear... I'm only picking up blues now to keep tweaking what I have. It's troublesome and worrying that what seemed an insurmountable hill in vanilla D3 (regarding min/maxing rare gear - as there's always something more godly out there), takes all of 20 hours to achieve in RoS.

The only thing they got right so far is legendaries - at least some of them. I'd say my current ratio of quality/crap legendaries is 30/70, which is far better than 1/100, but still... Gotta fix that primary/secondary system if they want RoS to have any sort of longevity.
Edited by Suikoden#1920 on 1/29/2014 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 07:11 PMPosted by Suikoden
Another worry, all of my rare gear is close to max dps, with 4/2 rolls, (my gloves are close to 600 int with 6/50/10). After 20 hours, having nearly maxed all of this gear...

Its a bit concerning isn't it. I argued early on it beta about how useless Rares are after a few days of playing the PTR. With the Mystic being able to roll 1 affix and items only having 4 primary affixes it doesn't take long to max out the rare slots very quickly. After that rares are just purely crafting fodder.

I don't understand a game where so much loot drops and can never be useful. Why go to so much effort with drops and affixes for the majority of the items to never be used for their intended purpose - gearing.

Blizzard needs to reapproach Rare items with either removing this crap max 4 primary affixes AND also allow other stats to roll on them, a lot like possible legendarys items already have. Eg: IAS on belts. All they need to do is allow these to be able to roll on rares as drops BUT not allow those specific rare affixes to be able to be rolled with the Mystic.

This would make Rares still be able to compete to some Legendarys, even if its very very rarely.
Reply Quote
Another worry, all of my rare gear is close to max dps, with 4/2 rolls, (my gloves are close to 600 int with 6/50/10). After 20 hours, having nearly maxed all of this gear...

Its a bit concerning isn't it. I argued early on it beta about how useless Rares are after a few days of playing the PTR. With the Mystic being able to roll 1 affix and items only having 4 primary affixes it doesn't take long to max out the rare slots very quickly. After that rares are just purely crafting fodder.

I don't understand a game where so much loot drops and can never be useful. Why go to so much effort with drops and affixes for the majority of the items to never be used for their intended purpose - gearing.

Blizzard needs to reapproach Rare items with either removing this crap max 4 primary affixes AND also allow other stats to roll on them, a lot like possible legendarys items already have. Eg: IAS on belts. All they need to do is allow these to be able to roll on rares as drops BUT not allow those specific rare affixes to be able to be rolled with the Mystic.

This would make Rares still be able to compete to some Legendarys, even if its very very rarely.

+1 Always thought this too. While it might take away from the value of certain legs if you get their benefit on crafted items, it'll also increase various build diversities for all players, asyou won't have everyone rocking the same-cookie cutter, consensus gear in the near-future.
Reply Quote
Another worry, all of my rare gear is close to max dps, with 4/2 rolls, (my gloves are close to 600 int with 6/50/10).

that's really nice gloves, can u get 600+int, 7-9/10/50 gloves in ros?
either way your gloves should beat perfect tasker by ~20k dps, cos I think u can get max 415int on taskers in ros. (135int from mystic +280int from gem)
Reply Quote
6% is max IAS and i think 600ish is max for main stat - would have to check that though. It's close enough where gloves are part of the "leave that !@#$ on the ground" list.
Reply Quote
well u should get extra ~20k dps over perfect tasker even with 6% ias, thanks to extra ~185int. (that's with my current d3v gear)

I guess 6% ias is max on ros for ammy/ring/gloves. but I heard that u can get 7% ias on leg items so maybe u can get 600/7/10/50 on leg ros gloves?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]