Diablo® III

Patch 2.0, RoS and my story

01/27/2014 11:33 AMPosted by nitrocan
Playing the PTR....emotion: holy sh!t this game sucks @$$ from a straw lol

^

01/27/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Melkor
We all have ways we like to express ourselves in the wizard forums. At the end of the day, as repetitive as Yoda's "goodbye" posts are, they each and every one of them spark discussions, banter, and camaraderie. It's better than a silent forum. I also go back and forth on this opinion like all the time lol.

^
Reply Quote
hows that barb yoda?
Reply Quote
emo as ever
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Yoda, you seem like quite the bandwagoner. I really think you should develop your own opinions for once rather than just jump from one trend to another. If you (as in you yourself, not someone you're living vicariously through) feel like a game isn't suited for you (again, you yourself, not another dude 1,500 miles away behind another monitor), then by all means don't play the game and move on to something else. No one's holding you to anything.

1. If you like the game, play it.
2. If you don't like the game, don't play it.
3. If you don't like the game, but you want to like it, no one's forcing you to play it until you do or get sick from trying. Go back to point 1 or 2.

And the whole grinding thing... who are you competing with? So what if your gear isn't as great as the next guy's? You don't see me QQing because I'm unable to acquire the level of gear PeterBiz has. Regardless of the AH or through finding your own gear, someone is going to have something better than you one way or another.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Jaetch
Yoda, you seem like quite the bandwagoner. I really think you should develop your own opinions for once rather than just jump from one trend to another. If you (as in you yourself, not someone you're living vicariously through) feel like a game isn't suited for you (again, you yourself, not another dude 1,500 miles away behind another monitor), then by all means don't play the game and move on to something else. No one's holding you to anything.

3. If you don't like the game, but you want to like it, no one's forcing you to play it until you do or get sick from trying. Go back to point 1 or 2.

And the whole grinding thing... who are you competing with? So what if your gear isn't as great as the next guy's? You don't see me QQing because I'm unable to acquire the level of gear PeterBiz has. Regardless of the AH or through finding your own gear, someone is going to have something better than you one way or another.

thats why this dudes posts are in green
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 10:14 AMPosted by ChangBooster
I want to play as much as possible because sooner or later I'll find the bracer that I want.

I wish i could believe.

drop rates gotta a lot better than d3v. if for example i wanted a Mempo with crit i'd have given up long before now, only 2 non-crit mempos have dropped for me in ~1000 hours...
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 01:20 PMPosted by lameboi

yup. he is all for Blizzard. Loves D3. deserves to be in green.

01/27/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Boozor
hows that barb yoda?

gone. I missed my old cm wiz too much. no wonder people love Wiz.

never got to L2P barb properly. once my tri nat was sold, I just stripped him.
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 01:20 PMPosted by lameboi
01/27/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Jaetch

yup, cementing himself as the most reasonable voice in the entire d3 community.

Listen to the man yoda.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/27/2014 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
ROS will be a success if no matter your playtime, you feel like time spent killing monsters = time advancing your character.

If the drops you get make you feel like you are getting strong the more you go out and kill monsters, then people will keep doing it.

Right now, the AH promotes a method of getting stronger of "go buy gold or items with either real money or a massive amount of boring grind time to sell 99% of your drops to a vendor and pray you can save up enough gold to get 20 more int on your chest"

That is why the vast majority of the playerbase quit. The game is about killing monsters and getting stronger..... anything that doesn't fit that mold makes most people bored.
Reply Quote
Retires
Obtained sub 200 k cm wiz for unknown reason
Got tired of sub par cm wiz
Contemplated retiring for 13th time
Built barb
Played barb for 3 days
Barb gone
Misses wiz
Quits D3 again
All in under 20 days...
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 01:41 PMPosted by pensfan080
Retires
Obtained sub 200 k cm wiz for unknown reason
Got tired of sub par cm wiz
Contemplated retiring for 13th time
Built barb
Played barb for 3 days
Barb gone
Misses wiz
Quits D3 again
All in under 20 days...

Like I've said earlier, still over 50 days to go till RoS, so plenty of time for another typical yodatoy quitting cycle (or two).
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 01:42 PMPosted by silverfire
Like I've said earlier, still over 50 days to go till RoS, so plenty of time for another typical yodatoy quitting cycle (or two).

Over under is 4.

If you put a bowl of cat food on the porch every evening for local strays, do you expect them to return every night?

Example: This thread is almost on page 3 already haha
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 01:44 PMPosted by pensfan080
If you put a bowl of cat food on the porch every evening for local strays, do you expect them to return every night?

Is there antifreeze in this bowl of food?
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Melkor

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Newman"
Reply Quote
Man yoda seriously barb stripped already ? Jesus....

Don't even give it a chance lol....

Poor silverfire, mission failed.
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 01:52 PMPosted by Boozor
Man yoda seriously barb stripped already ? Jesus....

Don't even give it a chance lol....

Poor silverfire, mission failed.

Hardly. Considering who we're talking about here, paragon 34 is a pretty big accomplishment. Honestly exceeded my expectations somewhat.

01/27/2014 01:48 PMPosted by pensfan080
01/27/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Melkor

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Newman"

I'm missing the reference, dammit, if its a Seinfeld quote then I'm totally blanking.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/27/2014 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Probably got carried to 34 by you. :)

Not enough time for him to realize the OPness
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
01/27/2014 01:31 PMPosted by yodatoy
yup. he is all for Blizzard. Loves D3. deserves to be in green.

You can support Blizzard and love the game and also be critical of it at the same time. Have you seen the RoS forums?

Side note: now that you quit your wizard and your barb, maybe you should roll a DH. Or go do something else. Totally up to you.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/27/2014 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Jaetch
Side note: now that you quit your wizard and your barb, maybe you should roll a DH. Or go do something else. Totally up to you.

this wasn't about quitting. It was about pessimism with RoS. not sure...

DH? Monk? I still got two more toons to try. 50 days? plenty of time to make one, right?

barb opness? hmmm...
Reply Quote
Yoda, any chance you still have that giveaway set to recycle for another giveaway? No worries if you don't, just wondering.

On another note...you can't quit, not after I named one of my chars after your noobness gleamed over me:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KingBenjamin-1485/hero/39738904

KingBJ
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]