Diablo® III

Dropped a Mempo in ROS Beta

682 Int
7%ias (max is 7%)
+1 Primary that I can't recall
Socket

So with the re-roll we're lookin at 6.0 Crit added to the above mix.

Question becomes, how necessary is IAS in ROS?

The answer remains a mystery until we figure that out. Should IAS turn out to be not so necessary...Well then, really you would use this helm as a pure DPS piece.

700+ Int
7% IAS
6.0 CHC
+15% to your skill of choice..and by choice, I really only mean Meteor, Arcane Torrent, Arcane Orb, and Disintegrate.
Reply Quote
No more all resist or % life?

So its just another boring legendary that is only special because it can roll attack speed when that slot normally can't?
Reply Quote
I can't get Resist All on my mempo because it rolled +150 to Fire Resist as a secondary. It CAN roll that though. Yeah, it's not very enticing, is it?
Reply Quote
If you just need a stat stick in that slot and not any special effect or APoC, then why not use it? Do you remember approx how much armor it has?

I agree that it is pretty boring and could use something cool. But they don't want to go back to mempo and only mempo being BIS like how it is today. If you can think of a use (i.e. something that it is best at), someone will use it.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 06:26 AMPosted by Melkor
I can't get Resist All on my mempo because it rolled +150 to Fire Resist as a secondary. It CAN roll that though. Yeah, it's not very enticing, is it?

OwE Monks will be ecstatic.
Edited by mzy#1101 on 1/28/2014 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 06:31 AMPosted by ChangBooster
If you just need a stat stick in that slot and not any special effect or APoC, then why not use it? Do you remember approx how much armor it has?

Cigar last night. not tobacco. can't remember.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 06:33 AMPosted by mzy
01/28/2014 06:26 AMPosted by Melkor

OwE Monks will be ecstatic.

OWE monks probably love this idiotic primary/secondary system. Every class has to get mit from primary stats except monks who get twice as much from secondary stats. Blindingly stupid how stupid that is that it makes my brain hurt from all the stupid.

01/28/2014 06:33 AMPosted by Melkor
not tobacco.

Yeah I always dump that part out and sprinkle the contents of my horodric cache in there.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 06:44 AMPosted by ChangBooster
OWE monks probably love this idiotic primary/secondary system. Every class has to get mit from primary stats except monks who get twice as much from secondary stats. Blindingly stupid how stupid that is that it makes my brain hurt from all the stupid.

And the worst part is... you know, I would've understood the primary/secondary system if I could divine what they wanted to achieve with it. If there were some grand overarching view that, yes, had some side effects that weren't necessarily desireable, but was an overall improvement of the game. But I just don't see that. All I see is "well, let's divide affixes into a good and a bad category" and nothing else. It doesn't seem to have solved or even helped solve a single issue with Diablo 3.

That's the worst part.
Edited by mzy#1101 on 1/28/2014 6:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Frankly, the advantage that OWE can have is not only ridiculous - it's...broken?

Like really.

Shoulders, Helm, Amulet, Ring, Ring, Belt, Chest, Gloves, Pants, Boots, Bracers
11 x 125 = 1375 Res all for a class that already gets a 30% damage reduction... And then consequently frees up ELEVEN slots, eleven PRIMARY slots O_o It won't happen overnight, but if this remains in its current set up, the monk breaks Diablo 3 in a year.
Reply Quote
Exactly, it will take a while to build a proper OWE set but once you got it goin' on, it will just be completely broken. Why not just make it easier and make the passive "all your gear gets an extra primary affix." Or maybe "you get 3000 dex, 3000 vit, 12% CC." Could even keep the name, one with everything, you get it all, no compromises.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 07:27 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Exactly, it will take a while to build a proper OWE set but once you got it goin' on, it will just be completely broken. Why not just make it easier and make the passive "all your gear gets an extra primary affix." Or maybe "you get 3000 dex, 3000 vit, 12% CC." Could even keep the name, one with everything, you get it all, no compromises.

You are my favorite funny person on here, man. I don't know why or how the hell you do it, but I cry every time I read your stuff. Sometimes, when you're being serious, I don't even read your points. I just think, "what can I say here that will get ChangBooster to make me laugh my face off?" And then I respond based on that premise.

Anyway, here are some other suggestions for OWE -

1. Enemies that deal the same damage type as your OWE resistance auto-clears the map.
2. Your All Resistances are equal to the value of your highest single resistance, squared and multiplied by 1.5
3. You take no damage as long as you choose this passive. Srsly, choose this passive.
4. Change OWE to WTFWE.
5. The lower your resist all is, the higher your Resi- ok I don't know where I was going here.
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 1/28/2014 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 07:16 AMPosted by Melkor
It won't happen overnight, but if this remains in its current set up, the monk breaks Diablo 3 in a year.

Indeed.

What they need to do is man up and get rid of OWE like they got rid of CM. Or put some time into making the secondary stats actually useful to other classes. Or actually make secondary stats that are useful. Or all 3.
Reply Quote
does it really look like owe is going to make its way into live? because if thats the case, that seems like the most fun (albeit broken) gear set to attempt to put together in a boa atmosphere. would take a while, but that really piques my interest
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11422272815

I let them know how jelly I am.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 07:55 AMPosted by Melkor
01/28/2014 07:27 AMPosted by ChangBooster

You are my favorite funny person on here, man. I don't know why or how the hell you do it, but I cry every time I read your stuff. Sometimes, when you're being serious, I don't even read your points. I just think, "what can I say here that will get ChangBooster to make me laugh my face off?" And then I respond based on that premise.

Anyway, here are some other suggestions for OWE -

1. Enemies that deal the same damage type as your OWE resistance auto-clears the map.
2. Your All Resistances are equal to the value of your highest single resistance, squared and multiplied by 1.5
3. You take no damage as long as you choose this passive. Srsly, choose this passive.
4. Change OWE to WTFWE.
5. The lower your resist all is, the higher your Resi- ok I don't know where I was going here.

Gee thanks, Melk. Yeah, in that post wasn't even going for humor; I was hoping people would picture me with tears streaming down my face, cheeto crumbs encrusting the neck beard, wearing a shirt reading NO MONKS ALLOWED. I wanted to convey that image because, well, no reason---definitely not because that is an exact description of my appearance at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]