Diablo® III

Cheap gear to take to ROS usable at 70

01/30/2014 04:51 AMPosted by mzy
Why do you prefer IK Irons over T&Ts? It's Life Regen and Melee Reduction vs. Armor and OS. That's not much of a difference, I'd say.

Ohh yeah also, Taskers have attack speed...which is my mortal enemy on my monk.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Aphraell
Why kick all these people in the face when its unneeded?

This.
Reply Quote
Have you guys tried to reroll taskers int to all-res and then back to a higher int?

Its also important to know that rare items can't roll the legendary brackets.
Like tasker should be able to get the 524 bracket.

Same for weapons. rare ones can't get the bracket with maxdmg 926(1hand) or 1111(2hand)

But can anyone try this with tasker? int to all-res, then all-res back to int?
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 03:58 PMPosted by Matte
But can anyone try this with tasker? int to all-res, then all-res back to int?

Mystic is bugged at the moment Matte. Certain affixes aren't being available and I think some are available that shouldn't be, SOJ for example.
Reply Quote
Found this shield keep for ros or vendor
100int
100str
10cc
12shock pulse
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 05:00 PMPosted by burnaway
Found this shield keep for ros or vendor
100int
100str
10cc
12shock pulse

vendor cuz it has 4 affixes so the ros version would be 500int/500vit/10cc/15%shock
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 03:51 PMPosted by Vox
01/30/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Aphraell
Why kick all these people in the face when its unneeded?

This.

But we've been kicked in the face so many times already, what's one more?

(^ sarcasm)

I really really hope that Bliz will fix the Mystic bug, allow existing items to reroll, and improve the RoS items so they are always superior.
Reply Quote
@mou thx for reply I have a feeling shields will b coming back
Reply Quote
The possibility of shields having a place, for classes other than the Crusader obviously, is a very interesting thing.

I have a few things saved back for Rerolling, but I am not going to go crazy buying stuff. I have a suspicion Blizzard will end up changing the reroll properties on legacy items to make them unable to compete with Lewt 2.0 gear. I hope not, but I will not be surprised at all. Mad yes, surprised no. My one regret is I never got the trifecta with AR, avdam, and main stat I always wanted and it sure won't happen now since everybody is wanting the same thing. Whoever bought Fate Lash 6 months ago before I got money in my Bnet balance - I hope you get lag spikes;)
Reply Quote
I've been trying to keep myself somewhat insulated from too much RoS/PTR/Beta/etc new skill and new legendaries info so that it can all be a surprise when I pick up the game.

I have a ballpark idea about some general features; particularly this reroll thing which I am looking forward to and trying to stockpile gold for.

I have been seeing a few mentions of this saving items for RoS though, and was wondering what exactly good criteria are for items to hang onto to carry over into RoS. Not interested in an exhaustive explanation of the entire mystic system or all new affixes; just some general guidelines since I DO have a bit of a hoarding d3 problem with my stash and a bunch of old good-ish gear that I don't want to hold onto because I think I might want to use later if I try a different build, or I could give away; although in quite a few circumstances some stuff I tried to give away even in public games was rejected :( but I think that may have been a case of someone not really getting what was good or not (e.g. I offer some wiz who had an 1300dps/400LoH echoing fury with NO int and a mediocre trium; a decent 1kdps chant SET and he no-ty'd me) But I guess before I 'clean out' my stash; I'd like to know if some of this stuff is worth keeping to reroll
Reply Quote
@Larry:

You already know the Mystic allows you to reroll a single "primary" affix into another "primary" affix. "Primary" means stuff like int/vit/str/dex/LoH/Life regen/atk spd%/cc%/cd%/socket.

You already know that you can go up to 280 int/vit in a socket.

So you can deduce that good items to keep are those that could be greatly improved by changing one of the affixes.

However, we don't really know what we will end up with! So if you already have a huge stash, just hold on to it!

The only caveat is to ensure you have enough materials to reroll D3V legendaries, as they are going to be very hard to find come RoS (if they don't change from what they are now.) That is because monsters (and the items they drop) level up as you do, so once you hit 61, you cannot farm stuff to reroll D3V legendaries any more.
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 08:55 AMPosted by mou
@Larry:

You already know the Mystic allows you to reroll a single "primary" affix into another "primary" affix. "Primary" means stuff like int/vit/str/dex/LoH/Life regen/atk spd%/cc%/cd%/socket.

You already know that you can go up to 280 int/vit in a socket.

So you can deduce that good items to keep are those that could be greatly improved by changing one of the affixes.

However, we don't really know what we will end up with! So if you already have a huge stash, just hold on to it!

The only caveat is to ensure you have enough materials to reroll D3V legendaries, as they are going to be very hard to find come RoS (if they don't change from what they are now.) That is because monsters (and the items they drop) level up as you do, so once you hit 61, you cannot farm stuff to reroll D3V legendaries any more.

Ah I think I understand now; So I'll hang onto stuff that has nice multi-affix such socket/CC/CD/IAS/AR/APOC/+AP/+MS/+GF/VIT/INT that had some weird str or dex or ls or poor LoH/poor regen/etc... to reroll that 'funny' or poor stat for a better version of itself or a different useful affix.

about the materials bit... won't I still be able to play lower difficulties though? like if I want a bunch of lower level salvage stuff I just go play in normal/nightmare/hell?

or do you mean once I have a lv 70 char I can only get exquisite ess and iridescent tears (or whatever the RoS analogue is for inferno>torment crafting materials) even if i go and play in normal?

How's that going to work? you're going to need to keep making new low level characters and deleting when they go past a certain level since they're like material gatherers who can be ultra efficient if you give them high level gems in low lvl socketed items?

I guess that's a possible work-round if they make it impossible to get low level materials on higher level characters.
Reply Quote
There are lower difficulties, but the monster (and thus item) level always matches your character level. So, no, you cannot get lower level salvage stuff playing lower difficulties.

There are just 2 types of mats that come from disenchanting rares or blues or whites: <=60 and >60. Normally you'd stop using the <=60 stuff as soon as you level past 60.

However, if we're going to be enchanting D3V legendaries (which are <=60), we need the <=60 stuff.

(We do not need the <=60 stuff to enchant D3V rares (60) or RoS rares (>60.))

(I don't know what's needed to enchant RoS legendaries that are <= 60.)
Edited by mou#1752 on 1/31/2014 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
i have one nomination also:
Open Socket, -4 Teleport CD Oculus, preferably with 270+avg damage, 10apoc, max CC, 6% elite damage bonus and a useful skill. that's 8 ! primary worthy rolls.
i just got one with:
295avg, 190int, 10apoc, 10CC, -4 tele, +14% shock pulse, 6%elite and a open socket. nearly perfect, just a touch off avg dmg and int. GG even by current standards, it's just all current wizards run either forces or triums. For peanuts, wasn't even 8 digits gold and that was no early BO snipe. Doesn't even need a mystic :P

also picked up similar (little less avg damage, though still past 260 and 9/9,5CC, but all other max stats) +3 blizzard, -5 cost meteors, 13% Spectral Blades and 8% CC Arcane Orb versions. None of them were even past 30M. Prolly all of them together were far less than 100m.

Tals has 2 rolls, so can be useful also (sox + something else), but -4 teleport and elite bonus is too good to turn off.
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 11:51 AMPosted by highq
Open Socket, -4 Teleport CD Oculus, preferably with 270+avg damage, 10apoc, max CC, 6% elite damage bonus and a useful skill. that's 8 ! primary worthy rolls.

hmm I was thinking of buying a nice oculus.. anyone know if the -x teleport on oculus works with teleport archon in ros?
Reply Quote
The good news is that after about 30 hours of play, all of your items above (except perhaps for the jewelry) will be back in your stash... so doing this item pre-purchase is really just for fun and the nice feeling of finding real bargains.

If anything, I'm consuming gold faster than I am generating it, what with all of the reroll attempts I make.

So maybe, the thing to do is buy N+1 RoS-usable items, and flip N of them in the last couple of weeks before RoS for gold!
Reply Quote
What materials reroll D3V legendaries ?

I see being very casual in ROS so my good level 60 stuff may have to last awhile lol .
Edited by LILSPARK#1354 on 2/1/2014 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 04:56 PMPosted by LILSPARK
What materials reroll D3V legendaries ?

I see being very casual in ROS so my good level 60 stuff may have to last awhile lol .

At the moment Demonic Essences/Tears/Brimstones/ Whatever dust

Normal d3v lvl 60 crafting mats.
Reply Quote
I ave bought couple of unity ring with loh, socket and cc only. YOu can enchant it with asi or cd. Bought also some litany with cc and socket too. Both rings look interesting and cheap. 5 asi is good enough in the ring.

I do keep some tombs, tears, brimstones, equisite. tombs will convert to de.

Happy ahing while is last........
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 10:49 AMPosted by aw3s0m0
.. anyone know if the -x teleport on oculus works with teleport archon in ros?

sadly, no. archon teleport has it's own separate cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]