Diablo® III

Question to oldies or ones with kids...RoS

Will you guys play? Are you guys excited?

I guess it won't change much for those who played casually in mp 0-5.
But what about those who got some help from ah?
Or ah3 warriors?
Some ways, piehole played ah to get to where he is at. Same hoes for junger.
You guys somewhat flipped your way up.

How will you find time to play to improve your build? Or find the proper item to make your build work?

The improvement is directly based on the amount of time played + rng, right?

If blizzard keeps their promise....

Bc I bet grinders will tell us what works... And we oldies want to try...but unfortunately, we can't bc we can't grind long enough to find an item or don't have enough gold from lack of farming...so we can't craft/reroll.

At least in live. D3, we can try a specific build right away if you really want to by obtaining items immediately.

Who's sitting out?

There won't be another charlatan.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 04:36 PMPosted by yodatoy

Yes and Yes. I can see myself playing 20-30hrs a week easily.

Bc I bet grinders will tell us what works... And we oldies want to try...but unfortunately, we can't bc we can't grind long enough to find an item or don't have enough gold from lack of farming...so we can't craft/reroll.

You don't need grinders to tell you what works. And the way drops and legendarys work in ROS, you'll be building around what you actually find. I can think of 5-10builds I plan on playing in ROS with certain legendarys. And even a few builds that don't rely on any ROS legendarys effects at all. Though when I do find certain ones they'll enhance that build.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/30/2014 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Same hoes for junger."

Sounds about right
Reply Quote
Man this is gonna be awesome. Everyone will have different builds based on drops. That's nuts!
Reply Quote
As parents or oldies we have to b able to not get sucked into the race like d3v u can play ros and enjoy it just not gonna b top of the leaderboard even though there was none
Reply Quote
And we oldies want to try...but unfortunately, we can't bc we can't grind long enough to find an item or don't have enough gold from lack of farming...so we can't craft/reroll.

Yoda, you should ask yourself why you want to continue to grind or "work" when you clearly don't enjoy it after a day of working on people's oral disasters and playing with your kiddos then herding them into bed every night.

Hearthstone or something else more pickup/putdown sounds more like your cup of tea although you seem to have an addictive shopping personality, so maybe Hearthstone isn't the best idea for you.
Reply Quote
Same hoes for junger.

all i needed to hear lmao
Reply Quote
At least in live. D3, we can try a specific build right away if you really want to by obtaining items immediately.

This aspect is nice and all but it has drawbacks. Investing $1 gets you more progression than 10 hours of farming and that, to me anyway, is a little imbalanced. Blizz has decided to close that door to the point where the only gleam of light shining through is full account sales (against ToS, not advisable).

If the only thing you like about D3 is being able to whip out CCs and be top tier in 30 minutes or less like ordering Dominoes back in the '90s, then maybe RoS won't be for you. There are other P2W games out there I'm sure. But if you genuinely like D3 for the combat, stick around, put in what time you can, you might like it.

I read somewhere that if you give POE $1000 or something like that you get to design a legendary item named after yourself and they put it in the game. Not sure if they give you one of said item for your character or not...maybe they still make you farm it!

Also, inb4 someone posts the vid for All About U by Tupac ft Nate Dogg!
"Every other city we go...every other video..."
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 1/30/2014 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

I guess it won't change much for those who played casually in mp 0-5.
But what about those who got some help from ah?
Or ah3 warriors?
You guys somewhat flipped your way up.

I didn't enjoy flipping on the AH... my husband did that more than me. Neither of us likes that playstyle, and we were never going to actually buy the stuff with real money. The only stuff I got on the RMAH, I got with proceeds I sold on the RMAH (all b.net balance) before gold selling was a thing.

Truth be told, I made enough on the RMAH to cover the cost of the expansion for both my husband and me, and have some left over. I never converted that balance to paypal or added to it with real money. I also didn't want to buy any godly gear with b.net balance. It just doesn't feel like a "game" then.

How will you find time to play to improve your build? Or find the proper item to make your build work?

Back when D3 first dropped I was pregnant with our son, who is now almost 17 months old. I will be around 6 months pregnant when RoS comes out, so I guess I'll have only a little while to play before I get super busy again. Newborns are a handful... understatement. :P

If the game is fun, then I'll have fun with it. If it's not, then I won't play for long. I imagine the first while where lots of drops could become upgrades, mystic rerolling, etc. will be a lot of fun for us. We'll see how the social scene shakes up with the clan system, too. It's been cool lately to meet new people doing MP10 crypt runs.

I never play video games to be the uber top most. They are a fun diversion, something to pass the time, and when I get bored, I move onto another game. Maybe Elder Scrolls Online, maybe WoW's expansion, maybe Rift again, etc.
Reply Quote
It's $40 - probably less than you paid for one of your neglected items in your stash. Buy it and try it!
Reply Quote

You can go into ROS and be pre-equipped for specific builds already, I wrote my current one up on Melkors thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11223762913

This build is built for pre ROS gear, it just requires 20 Apoc and a -5AT SOJ.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm excited and will still play. Maybe even more since there's no longer any replacement for grinding for loot.

...and to Aph's point there's a fair amount of prep you can do now with strategic hording, which I've also been doing.
Reply Quote
This kind of BS whining belongs in the general forum. Stop reposting the same @#$#.
Reply Quote
Oldies? So if you were born in the 50's they label you...
LOL.
Looking forward to playing ROS.
Reply Quote
will play, see what's up

but i can assure you this, it won't be like when i grinded d3v
Reply Quote
I will play around hopefully the new Story and act are good,'

If Drops are like D3V on release then they may get 20-30 hours before I move to a more rewarding game and current drops in the PTR are terrible still .

So the expansion will be worth a play through and it will not be a rage quit just a normal moving on as I will not be grinding 500 hours for an arcane wraps set .
Edited by LILSPARK#1354 on 1/31/2014 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 04:47 PMPosted by Boozor
"Same hoes for junger."

meant "goes"...woops...

01/31/2014 04:31 AMPosted by BDF
This kind of BS whining belongs in the general forum. Stop reposting the same @#$#.

BDF, just love me. Same $%#@, but directed toward oldies.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 1/31/2014 6:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
i think it would be a lot safer for me if i don't buy asap when it comes out and just let people whine in the forums and see from there
Reply Quote
ill be playing casually
Reply Quote
Uhm, what constitutes being an "Oldie"?

I'll be 47 in 18 days...

Get off my lawn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]