Diablo® III

Question to oldies or ones with kids...RoS

Maybe that someone is a shrink.

Btw I enjoyed the hilarity of this thread.
Reply Quote
Yoda, I remember when you played all the time, nearly every evening, and then the cycle of quitting/regearing started and you havent played regularly since. It really is as simple as asking yourself whether you want to play RoS or not. Are you going to be able to go out and buy some of the best gear and become the talk of the forums? No, not this time, but if you can put in as much time playing the game like you did before(hell, probably half the time), you will be fine. It will mean playing the game because you love the game, not for the notoriety of having GG gear.

I am going to be there, of course. Am I happy about what I have seen? Still not decided since nothing has been added that I really wanted to see like Charms and Runewords, but after all this time playing D3V, I have to give it a shot.
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 02:19 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Just call people stupid like me and be done with it.

Lower myself to your level and be an attention-seeking troll? LOL.
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 05:26 AMPosted by YORI
Yoda, after reading every post you have ever written, You sound extremely depressed, unhappy with life and desperately crying out for attention. Talk to someone that isn't on a gaming forum.

D3 won't fill the void in your life. Leave already.

depressed - hmm...not really. just stressed though.
unhappy with life - hmm...not really
desperately crying out for attention -hmm...not really

talk to someone that isn't on a game forum-God

D3 won't fill the void in my life-to little void in my life.

Leave already- can't

Yori. Thanks for checking up on all of my posts. my number 1 fan. =)
Reply Quote
You kooky wizards and your kooky wands and stuff :P
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 12:08 PMPosted by jenpeezey
02/01/2014 02:19 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Just call people stupid like me and be done with it.

Lower myself to your level and be an attention-seeking troll? LOL.

You still going on about that attention thing? It's like I'm on Mumble everyday to garner all the attention from speaking truths on the forums /sarcasm.

And you'd be raising yourself to my level. Middle-aged hypocritical mother whose first post in the thread is "OK, Eciton, whatever age you are (21?), teach those of us almost twice or twice your age something we haven't lived already." is beneath me.

Banana calling the lemon yellow.
Reply Quote
I don't really consider myself "old" at 32... it's probably roughly the average age of most of the forum regulars anyway. I probably will play RoS but at this point, I haven't pre-ordered it yet. Need to find out if transferring funds in my Blizzard account to PayPal and over to a friendly Mumble regular to gift me RoS is actually cheaper than just buying it myself.

I don't have any children but I'm finding it difficult to balance things out. I either have very little time to play or too much time where I burn out too quickly. It could be because of how things are moving slowly at the moment (not as many people playing a fairly stale game) but if I could choose between playing or not playing RoS at the moment, I'd probably go with the latter.

D3 is a HUGE time sink for me. I'd probably be better off getting back into playing Tekken or music and rhythm games where increasing skill is the aim... not an endless grind, which I can see myself doing :s

Edit:
So.. just read the entire thread.. you'd think by now, people would learn to not read too deeply into Yoda's threads, particularly he's posting style. The longer you try to decipher the hidden message that probably doesn't exist, the more hung up you'll get on how offensive you think his posts are rather than just accepting it at face value.

It's probably why Yoda's threads get a lot of attention and discussion... so much room for interpretation, which I think is a good thing for the community.

Eciton
I use to instruct TKD classes about 4~5 years ago. I agree that teaching or instructing is the best way to learn. You reinforce what you're teaching and start to notice the finer details that you missed when someone else is telling you what to do. Age is definitely not a requirement to achieve this, just keen observation and an open mind. Age in this thread is really a non-issue, just Yoda's request.

Yoda
Even though I said we should just accept your words at face value, I find them amusing in that there is much potential for hidden or double meaning behind a lot of it and people will always decipher them how they want, probably not how you intended.. keep it up :)
Edited by MrDuMa#1541 on 2/2/2014 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think what yoda is going to miss the most about the AH being removed in RoS, is that he won't have any means of selling his gear and quitting...
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 08:25 AMPosted by silverfire
I think what yoda is going to miss the most about the AH being removed in RoS, is that he won't have any means of selling his gear and quitting...

well...if I can't buy any gears from AH, how can I sell my gears?

I am playing PTR lately...I think since I don't have to worry about reselling gears, there will be no quitting. Either I play or not play.

Distributing your paragon points was cool. That's why people are getting up to like plvl1000. You will get a head start.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]