Diablo® III

First experience with PTR

T3/T4? Do you feel comfortable farming there, because it takes a lot of time for me just to clear trash, and some Elites hit so hard it feels like original Inferno sometimes. Right now T2 is the sweet spot with imported gear I think.

inb4madskillz.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 02:25 PMPosted by Aphraell
A lot of unhappy players with the crusader atm.

Because it's too strong or because it's too weak? (I have paid 0 attention to the Crusader.)
Reply Quote
u'll have advantage on ptr/ros cos u have 10x p100.. gz btw.
have u used all paragon points? for max toughness I think its best to spend all paragon points on ar first then life n then armor.
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 12:25 AMPosted by mzy
01/30/2014 02:25 PMPosted by Aphraell
A lot of unhappy players with the crusader atm.

Because it's too strong or because it's too weak? (I have paid 0 attention to the Crusader.)

Weak
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 12:20 AMPosted by Platinum
T3/T4? Do you feel comfortable farming there, because it takes a lot of time for me just to clear trash, and some Elites hit so hard it feels like original Inferno sometimes. Right now T2 is the sweet spot with imported gear I think.

inb4madskillz.

I'm not having any issues with survivability at this level except as reflect elites.

Might be skill setup issue, I was also surprised I was able to play at this torment considering my gear level.

Dps wise it does take a reasonable amount of time to take down elites especially against gold extra health... Like I said I think buffed with flint and magic weapon I am around 260k lol.

I tried prismatic armor yesterday and scotch orb, very nice skills.

Arcane orbit a bit underwhelming.

And I don't have the gear for AT/ disintegrate yet so I'll wait for next import :)

Also I have 300 paragon points @ almost p1000 so all my points went into int/aR/ias/cc. Heard Cooldown reduction was bugged so I didnt bother with that one otherwise i'd thinking about doing a CDR build or something.
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 06:03 AMPosted by Boozor
Arcane orbit a bit underwhelming.

See if you still feel this way when you have +55% to Arcane skills on your gear.

Hits like a truck.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 11:59 AMPosted by Boozor
Very basic analysis for my 1 hour of play time lol.

If you could see the gear I am using it is funny...I have 20 apoc but no apoc spender

I'm using a non crit STR mempo

I'm using a 3.5cc zuni pox. That's it.

I'm using my barbs rare ring.

TR chest with 190int 30vit and magic find.

________

But I can't help being a bit excited at the "new" game.

I'm also loving the fact that I have 300 paragon points to play around with ^_^

booz im plvl 217 i think how many pts do i have sir
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 06:11 AMPosted by lameboi
booz im plvl 217 i think how many pts do i have sir

uh. 217

0_o
Reply Quote
oh i didnt know it was one per lvl :( i dont pay attention
thx melk rofl
Reply Quote
Hey guys couple more inquiries:

1) Arcane orbit- seems like if you can spam this spell, the damage output increases

2) Cool down reduction is bugged in PTR currently correct ?

3) what is the difference in wording between thunder storm and the rune that strikes both melee and range ? Aren't the same but thunder storm does more dps ?

4) mimic AI is terrible :(

Thanks guys. :)
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Boozor
1) Arcane orbit- seems like if you can spam this spell, the damage output increases

2) Cool down reduction is bugged in PTR currently correct ?

Orbit will do as much damage it can as long as there is something within range to hit, CDR and other stats from paragon points currently are bugged and do nothing. They should work if they come from gear.
Reply Quote
since they deleted my thread im borrowing this one

http://i.imgur.com/WdWVFV1.jpg

yarrr
Reply Quote
You can survive T6 with legacy gear? If so this game will be even more a joke than it is now on live once we get "new and improved" gear. Thank god I found path of exile which is almost impossible w/o extensive trading and still hard. Between crap gear itemization with same sh1t bigger numbers and carebearing I seriously considering not buying this game.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/1/2014 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
T6 60 is survivable in good legacy gear. T6 70 not so much.

Going from 60 to 70 is a lot higher/harder jump than going from T1 to T6.
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 12:20 AMPosted by Platinum

inb4madskillz.

Playing with 319k (30 APoC) or 388k (20 APoC).

I can farm T3 and T4 reasonably well with a solid build. Elites take quite a bit longer than MP10 but it's usually 30-90 seconds. Not too bad but varies a lot based on pack and how hard it is to focus fire on them.

I was able to farm T5 for a bit this afternoon but it was slow enough that most would say it's on the tedious side. Roughly 10 seconds for 25M-30M whites with full DPS output, much longer for 200M-400M elites.

T6 is pretty much a no go. I can survive it, even tank it with a mit build and my still functional lifesteal, but 800M life on an elite is beyond my level of patience. Even with lifesteal, elite affixes can take you out pretty quickly if you're not careful. Maybe if you had 500k unbuffed you might be able to stomach T6 farming for a change of pace.

02/01/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Aimless
You can survive T6 with legacy gear? If so this game will be even more a joke than it is now on live once we get "new and improved" gear. Thank god I found path of exile which is almost impossible w/o extensive trading and still hard. Between crap gear itemization with same sh1t bigger numbers and carebearing I seriously considering not buying this game.

Torment 6 (60) is not really a good indicator of the situation at L70.

If you spent 2 minutes in even a Master (70) game as a level 60, you'd know that monster damage increases (by my rough estimate) x10. Their actual damage goes up probably x5-x7 but you also lose 15%-19% of your mit as well just from the increase in monster level.

Even with lifesteal @L60, it's basically impossible for me to tank Master (70) with my live gear. They've changed some elite affixes lately so some things are a little more manageable but there are a bunch of elite affixes that more or less instagib me.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 2/1/2014 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Surviving T6 and farming it are two different things. With your gear from live you are geared for level 63 monsters in the ptr you fight monsters that are the same level that you are which is level 60, so your now fighting monsters 3 levels lower than your geared for. Go in beta and level up to 70 with ls not working and come back and tell us how easy it is.
Reply Quote
It's really dumb how much they nerfed mob HP in groups. With 4 players you deal 4x the damage and you have party DPS buffs but the mobs only have 2.5x HP. I would like to see them lower the base HP just a bit and bring back 1x multiplier per player, so mobs in 4 a player game have 4x HP. You'll still be going faster because you've got overawe, cold blooded, conflag, paranoia, time warp, bone chill. Plus you have defensive buffs to increase your DPS uptime like war cry, mantras, bad medicine. They made the game a lot easier in multiplayer due to early forum QQing. And then you also get the legendary trading timer which is yet another advantage for multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I like multiplayer and I do a lot of it but this is Diablo ffs, you want to play solo sometimes but not be 10x less efficient when you do.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
01/30/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Boozor
Rarely plays but super successful.

Lol....I guess. I'm almost to P200. That's not half-bad. Hahaha.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
01/30/2014 02:12 PMPosted by Aphraell
Not anti social just other commitments where I need to leave the computer immediately sometimes - kids.

Yeah...me too. I don't *think* that people mind when I drop out their games to go put a bottle in baby's mouth. Not that anyone would tell me, of course. I'm of course very understanding when it happens in a game that I'm in. Honestly, the extra XP from another player is nice...but not game changing. Playing in groups makes D3V easier, and that's no different in ROS. I guess having a full group will facilitate trade in ROS. Still, finding another person to invite rarely seems to be a problem. When I have my social setting's on "quick join" (or whatever it is) someone usually joins. Usually Nyan. FUMO. Lol.

So, come join.
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Aimless

"survive"

Like running for your life survive, deal no damage and never kills nothing.

I just wanted to see how tough it would be in T6.

It's freaken tough lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]