Diablo® III

First experience with PTR

View profile
Vox doly booz thats good to know they ratchet it up with player lvl. I was afraid after what booz and melk said in the past more carebear is coming.

Chang not only do four players work with a 2.5 x hp multi they get party buffs too such as overawe to really cut down mobs. Imo itll be crazy to farm solo in expansion. Sorry guys with familes.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/1/2014 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 01:41 PMPosted by lameboi
since they deleted my thread im borrowing this one

http://i.imgur.com/WdWVFV1.jpg

yarrr

Grats on finishing, mate!

I'm hoping that they keep things tough. It's pretty heartbreaking seeing a game get nerfed just because the masses don't know what the hell they're doing. With skill and knowledge, you die a lot less. With that, you should understand that not everyone should be doing MP10 or T6 or whatever.

Boozor
Mirror AI is definitely terrible. They just run away. I'd rather them just stand there like totem poles with a bit of life casting random spells for you.
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 02:28 AMPosted by MrDuMa
Mirror AI is definitely terrible. They just run away. I'd rather them just stand there like totem poles with a bit of life casting random spells for you.

I think it mostly has to do with A)- what kind of weapon you have equipped, and B)- the skills you have on your bar.

For 'A', if you have a Wand equipped, they'll run away a lot to get range and then shoot the Wand. If you have a Melee weapon equipped, they tend to stay close to mobs more often and swing instead of running away so much.

For 'B', if you have a channeled spell on your bar (which they cannot cast) they'll run away a lot doing absolutely nothing. But if you use non-channeled AP spenders they'll cast em rather frequently. Same with a lot of the utility spells (bubble, Frost Nova, etc).
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 02:35 AMPosted by Malakai
02/02/2014 02:28 AMPosted by MrDuMa

I think it mostly has to do with A)- what kind of weapon you have equipped, and B)- the skills you have on your bar.

For 'A', if you have a Wand equipped, they'll run away a lot to get range and then shoot the Wand. If you have a Melee weapon equipped, they tend to stay close to mobs more often and swing instead of running away so much.

For 'B', if you have a channeled spell on your bar (which they cannot cast) they'll run away a lot doing absolutely nothing. But if you use non-channeled AP spenders they'll cast em rather frequently. Same with a lot of the utility spells (bubble, Frost Nova, etc).

Wow... never thought that weapon type would dictate Mirror behaviour. I'll have to test that.

I'm using Electrocute and LB... I don't really recall them using Electrocute but they definitely use LB and the other utility spells you mentioned.
Reply Quote
I don't like ptr, cos:
- can't lvl up..
- can't use any lvl60+ items or skills
- can't use mystic

p.s. boozer, that was the probably the fastest crypt run I've done with x3 barbs.. lol (but ive only done crypt run with 3x barbs two times so far)
Reply Quote
You do gain paragon XP on the PTR. I even gained a level on there, though only because I happened to be 99.9% of the way there by accident.

Of course that XP is lost when the PTR ends, so fat lot of good it'll do you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]