Diablo® III

new to diablo xbox multiplayer....

4 Night Elf Hunter
Ive been playing diablo 3 on xbox for about 2 months. Im not a hardcore Diablo player but I play a decent amount. I have 3 characters at level 60, and my barbarian is my main character. I never played online for fear I would drag people down ( not knowing what people were hitting for). well last night I felt pretty confident with my barbarian and thought I could be right around everyone else, not the case. my barbarian hits for 145k which I use to think was extreme. I hopped into a game with 2 other barbarians and to my amazement, they were hitting for 1100k! so I was right, I was not as big as I thought. Am I missing something? I go thru and attack elites to try to get better stuff, but if im hitting that much less as everyone else, is it I just need to keep playing to find better stuff? or am I really missing something
Reply Quote
Same here?
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
1100k is high but it can be attained. I've seen characters with even higher. My paragon 75 Archon wizard does about 1000k dps.
The uppermost limit is probably around 1500k dps, if you see someone doing more than that, or alot more than that they are using hacked, or modded gear.

145k is pretty low, but it all depends where you are. What paragon level are you at? Are your characters all fresh 60s? Do you farm high mob density areas to maximize your chances of finding better gear?
It takes time man, but eventully you will get up there. Try finding other legit players to trade with to find upgrades, try crafting as well, sometimes you can get some good rolls on stuff. Just keep grinding it out and you'll find better stuff.
Edited by Tulsalock on 2/3/2014 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tulsa is right you need to continuously farm for better gear and gain paragon levels. Do you have a hellfire ring for your Barb? What kind of gear do you have for your barb? I know the Immortal King's set is a strong set a lot of barbs use. Look at some of the items and set for your character you'll get an idea of what you'll need to make your barb stronger. I do have a few barb items (not many because I play with Wiz & Monk so the rolls aren't usually strength based items) I've picked up farming that I could give to help you out. I can also craft a few items that might also help boost your barb. what's your gamer tag?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-boulder-breaker
Edited by cupracer92#1608 on 2/3/2014 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
one thing that may help is if you have a socketed weapon to change the ruby your probably using to an emerald. you dps will go up greatly
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
02/03/2014 03:00 PMPosted by olds45512
one thing that may help is if you have a socketed weapon to change the ruby your probably using to an emerald. you dps will go up greatly

That depends on what his crit chance and crit damage is. If his crit chance is really low then a ruby is better.
Reply Quote
While 1.1m damage is possible, most guys running around with that are probably using hacks, mods, and dupes
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The console community is full of good people who are willing to give you great advice on building your characters, or pointing out ways to upgrade your gear. Sometimes, all you have to do is volunteer a little bit of info to get some fantastic help. What build is your Barbarian using? You can easily share it with this skill calculator, if you want. Also, what weapons (and gems if applicable) are you using?
Reply Quote
To the original poster, while I don't have my copy anymore, though I kinda wish I did now, sent me a friend request on xbox live, and so I know who you are, attach a voice message that you were "the guy from the d3 forums." I'll try to help you with what I know, and I'll give you the lowdown on how to tell if someone's dps is unusually high, if they're using....legit items or not, what to look out for, etc.- as someone above me said, some people have traded and duplicated items with modded stats. Cheating the game so to speak, I never did that cause I didn't wanna "get soft" coming back to the PC version. But that's another topic.

So yeah, send me a request and maybe we can talk in party chat later on. My gamertag is -

Dook Ookem99.

Blizzard should get a kick out of that one :D
Reply Quote
hey D3 fans check out the Crusader class from reaper of souls gameplay, what you think??
http://adf.ly/d4lSt
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]