Diablo® III

Those playing PTR, which lvl you feel fine?

The other day, I want to try PTR. Luckily, it had all of my gg gears.
http://d3up.com/b/1192793/toyyoda

Put together some build without cm obviously and ran around.
I am using arcane mine/disintegration build with mirror image, shock, familiar and MW with mainly temp reflux, astral, and illusionist.

a lot of kiting when fighting elites.

The question is which lvl majority of you guys feel comfortable running?
I am doing Torment 2. Torment 3 was relatively difficult.

Not finding too many rares...hardly any.
Reply Quote
Yep T2-60 feels pretty good atm.

But that will all change at level 70.
Reply Quote
T1. T2 I can do but it is slightly slow.

Here is how my gameplay on T1 looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY3h-7XNHJs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cheers
Reply Quote
I'm having a ball in T3 with the following

Helm: PTR Blind Faith
Ammy: PTR Moonlight Ward
Rings: D3V Litany and D3V -5 disintegrate SoJ
Chest: D3V Tal's
Pants: PTR Pox Faulds
Shoulder: PTR legendary that replenishes 30% resource on globe
Boots: PTR Ice Climbers
Belt: PTR rare belt (from before patch that ruined rares)
Glove: D3V rare
MH+OH: D3V chants set

LMB: Shock pulse - power affinity
RMB: Teleport - calamity
1: Disintegrate - intensify
2: Familiar - cannoneer
3: Arcane torrent - disruption
4: Magic weapon - deflection

I only deal arcane damage except for the pox faulds. I use either disi or AT depending on how the mobs line themselves up. It may seem like a waste to use 2 channeled abilities but it's really not. If there's a horde in front of you, you use disi. If it's a tightly packed elite pack, you beat them down with AT. Plus the both debuff the mobs for my shock pulse, moonlight ward orbs, calamity, and each other. On demand teleport with AOE stun and more acrane damage. Hardest hitting primary (for an arcane build such as this) with fast AP regen is gg as well. When playing with characters with 2x my DPS I almost always "get the kill" on the elite packs (I dislike this feature BTW, it only tells you who delivered the last blow, it's dumb). I facetank most of the time with <700k toughness and stun with calamity as necessary, or use it to escape that which you can't tank such as poison enchant, plague on top of electrified and frozen pulse, that kind of stuff. This is what I was running with you in T3 keeps, Yoda.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 2/3/2014 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
All my PTR characters are "from scratch". That means the issues with the loot generation have stopped my character cold at 66k DPS which makes "Hard" about as high as I dare go.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 07:35 AMPosted by ChangBooster
This is what I was running with you in T3 keeps, Yoda.

I will try this. what passives?
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 2/3/2014 8:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Best build so far for me is this:

Arcane torrent - cascade
Blizzard - unrelenting storm

Spark flint - cannoneer
Magic weapon - deflection
Storm armor - thunder storm
X random skill - I take teleport usually

Glass cannon / cold blooded / astral presence

Best dps I've used so far and does pretty well T2-T3.

Use a -5 torrent SOJ. Channels like a nice bats doctor, only see drain when you cast blizzard.

ps my gear is pretty awful in PTR too lol
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 08:04 AMPosted by yodatoy
I will try this. what passives?

Illusionist to reset calamity, get a very short stun from it
Astral presence for longer channel
Blur for tankiness

The moonlight ward really helps a lot, it spawns balls around you like arcane orbit, see Melkor's thread for pics.

I edited my post, I'm using a disintegrate SoJ not a PTR rare, I was thinking of my other wiz. But you can probably do just as well with 20 APoC as I am only running 10 and I don't run out that often and when I do shock pulse hits decently hard with all my arcane buffs/debuffs.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 2/3/2014 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 08:33 AMPosted by Boozor
Spark flint - cannoneer

these two seem like must.

My PTR gears are awesome. Thank God I didn't sync my current gears.

boozor, which clan are you in?
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 2/3/2014 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Torment 3 is very, very comfortable for me right now using various builds. Torment 4 is very doable as well, it just takes a tiny bit longer than I'd like. If I can get my hands on Paux Faulds and/or Moonlight Ward then Torment 4 should become my new Torment 3.

Haven't tried t5 or 6 yet.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Malakai
Paux Faulds and/or Moonlight Ward then Torment 4 should become my new Torment 3.

what are Paux Faulds or Moonlight Ward?

I saw Vox and Kiza doing Torment 6.

I think I can get up to torment 3 but it takes sometime to kill elites.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 08:55 AMPosted by yodatoy
02/03/2014 08:33 AMPosted by Boozor
Spark flint - cannoneer

these two seem like must.

My PTR gears are awesome. Thank God I didn't sync my current gears.

boozor, which clan are you in?

I don't have any special gear besides the -5 SOJ which probably isn't THAT necessary if I changed my Templar to the regen skill.

Just try and fool around its kinda fun not knowing wth to do and testing things on the fly which is nice.

TPO, team pooped on, I have like 4 ppl on my f-list lol.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the suggestion Boozer...changed out Blizzard for Familiar Icicle...works pretty good as a crowd control attack...

Played T3 with Boozer...my sweet spot is T1/2...just hoping to find some decent drops..got a couple good ones so far...found a fulminator that I placed on my templar...has a chance to chill and seems to work pretty good...also found an azarwrath sword but fulminatror works well
Reply Quote
T3 and T4 are both farmable with my live gear.

Running variations and combos of AT, Disintegrate, RoF, MM+SA, Electrocute, Lightning Bind/Comet/Meteor Shower, Blizzard, Scorch, Frozen Orb, MW:Deflection, Sparkflint/Cannoneer. All workable but with varying trade-offs.

T5 is doable but starts to get a little too tedious.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 2/3/2014 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 09:22 AMPosted by yodatoy
02/03/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Malakai
Paux Faulds and/or Moonlight Ward then Torment 4 should become my new Torment 3.

what are Paux Faulds or Moonlight Ward?

[/quote]

Paux Faulds are Legendary pants. Affix is that when 3 or more mobs get close you proc an aura that does about 300% weapon damage per second for 10 seconds.

Moonlight Ward is a Legendary amulet. Affix is that your attacks have a chance to proc 4 orbs around you (like Arcane Orbit), each one explodes for about 300% weapon damage. Ammy also can roll up to 50% bonus arcane damage.

Both are pretty much must-haves in order to break certain eDPS barriers and be able to efficiently farm higher Torment levels. Emphasis on "efficiently".

EDIT: I should also note that I can farm t3 and t4 without any Lifesteal at all, nor do I use Deflection or Dominance. I rely completely on LoH and LPS, along with my potion timer and the 2 heals that the Templar has. It's a lot of fun.
Edited by Malakai#1265 on 2/3/2014 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
I enjoy Normal to Master.
Reply Quote
I dont really play PTR; i just copied my live stuff and try to kill stuff to see if I could handle Torment 1.

I can, with my Wizzy. Not too hard, but definitely feels like I need a little more power to farm it 'Efficiently'. Working on 40 more Sharagon before this goes live which should help. Also enchanting should give me a solid boost.
Reply Quote
I feel better doing T1, without effort.

Gear with huge passive damage - all 2.0 except rings , 1 rare and 1 zunimassas pox -

-Andariels Visage 125% dmg 10 jards
-Moolight Ward 4x 315% dmg 15 jards
- Razor strop belt 334% dmg 20 jards picking up globe
-pox faulds 315% dmg 15 jards- need 3 enemies
-fire walkers boots 100% dmg by sec
Thunderfury sword 334% dmg to 5 enemies

and

-warzechan armguards bracers - speed burst
-Spaulders of zakara - indestructible items
- tal rashas chest
-gloves of worship - shrine effects longer
-triumvirate

skills;

spectral blade - thrown blade
archon - improved
blizzard - stark winter
storm armor - reactive
magic weapon - force
familiar - sparkflint

passives:
cold blooded
elemental exposure
audacity
dominance

Getting fleet shrine make all thing sweet :)
Reply Quote
i feel there is a noticable jump between every T difficulty. with selfbuffed 730k tough/6k+ healing i can take T2 nearly any affix head on, but with selfbuffed 240k deeps kill times are bit too slow and goblins are hardly killable. cursed chests no way. needs more deeps. anything on T1, on the otherhands melts quick. almost all is D3V, apart from better PTR leg strongarm bracers.

those "passive" deeps from legendaries will be very important to jack-up eDeeps.
Reply Quote
t3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPSmyGvT1vs
t6 http://youtu.be/DuwYG2VCQMo

i'd like to pair this up with a high dps player on ptr if anyone wants to try it out
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]