Diablo® III

Firebird's Finery: Everything we know

I would really like to know if the 4 pc bonus will revive HC characters on death!
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 04:22 PMPosted by Aimless
300 over 5 sec is pretty weak. Have to see full set and stats on each item. Considering odds of getting full set it should be OP/IMBA as hell. like 3000 weap damage over 5 seconds.

Nothing wrong with OP/IMBA as long as it takes considerable effort to get it which wasnt case with CM wiz for example.

Pretty sure Aim hit it on the head IMO. Yes the set bonus is lacking but it could have some good pieces that are worth wearing, and isn't it possible to have some set pieces to have a unique affix still?

Need to see rest to be sure.

Boom-
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 10:10 AMPosted by mdboom
Yes the set bonus is lacking but it could have some good pieces that are worth wearing,

The Source is really good since it can roll up to 20% bonus Fire damage. The helm is a Wizard hat, so it can roll APoC. Those 2 seem like good candidates to get the 2p bonus I guess for a Fire build. Unless you can reroll the bonus Lightning damage on Stormcrow into bonus Fire damage (anyone know if you can?)

and isn't it possible to have some set pieces to have a unique affix still?

I'm sure it's possible, but I have yet to see one.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Malakai
The helm is a Wizard hat

Oh it is? Nice! Updating OP...
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Kanade
I would really like to know if the 4 pc bonus will revive HC characters on death!

So would I
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2014 03:27 AMPosted by MickeyETC
02/03/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Kanade

So would I

We need just one courageous fellow to risk his life for science. He will be honored greatly.
Edited by Padfoot#1519 on 3/26/2014 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, great. Now I have to update the OP now that we know what items are what.

02/03/2014 11:47 AMPosted by ChangBooster
The helm is a Wizard hat

Oh it is? Nice! Updating OP...

Also, it looks like this is wrong...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/firebirds-plume
Reply Quote
The gloves are in my profile.
Edited by Ixir#1276 on 3/26/2014 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't screenshot right now, but I looted the boots... they are in my profile
Reply Quote
Well it's rather underwhelming but min-maxing with the stone of grandeur would be pretty slick.
Reply Quote
I looted the shoulders of this set a few days ago (Firebird's Pinions or something like that).

If you are gearing for a pure Fire wizard, as I am, the 6-piece bonus is extremely valuable. About time we get one of those "on-death" extra skills like AT's Cascade or Black Ice.
Reply Quote
I got this full set now, this was able due to the ring where i need 1 less set item. First of all I think this set is defenetly not worth it. To start the 300% dmg over 5s is really bad, it appears the ticks can't CRIT (????) and the ticks are actually very low. My dmg selfbuffed with the full set was 1.3 mil so there's no issue there. I also had to give up 60% bonus fire damage and around 100% crit damage and alot of toughness to get the 6 set bonus, so that's alot of sacrifices for a 6 set bonus which you can sometimes even get from a secondary from a certain legendary (think about thunderfury or other items that give you +250% weapon dmg proc). I like my fire build alot (atm at around 100% bonus fire damage) and i find it very weird that basicly a fire set is limiting my real fire build. The only thing i see worth getting is the offhand where i can get a 20% fire damage roll on. The rest is not worth it imo. I hope to see some changes to this set in the near future.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 09:45 AMPosted by Rexdan
To start the 300% dmg over 5s is really bad

Yeah. Anybody could just look at the set bonus and see that it's terrible. :/

Aside from the 4-piece set for hardcore wizards, I don't see this set doing anything.
Reply Quote
Firebird's needs an overhaul, really. Aside from the source and maybe the chest (even though you'd never use the chest because Cindercoat/Tal's/Vyr's) the guaranteed rolls on it are weird and mostly counter-productive to have, and it's a six-piece set for the element that has the largest amount of powerful non-set legendaries.

Something like "Blazar gains the effect of Event Horizon and/or Spellsteal" would actually make me consider going after this set, especially if the chest got a non-common CDR affix to fit thematically with Vyr's and Tal's getting affixes not common to chests.
Reply Quote
6-set

Scorch DoT now stacks and has a X% chance to cause enemies to explode upon death dealing 300% damage as fire to surrounding enemies.

Or something...
Reply Quote
Also, why BH damage a mandatory roll on shoulders? Who the hell uses +black hole damage affixes?
Reply Quote
The Source is really good since it can roll up to 20% bonus Fire damage. The helm is a Wizard hat, so it can roll APoC. Those 2 seem like good candidates to get the 2p bonus I guess for a Fire build. Unless you can reroll the bonus Lightning damage on Stormcrow into bonus Fire damage (anyone know if you can?)

Well, if you're focused on APoC the only really good builder to use is MM, and if you use MM, you really should mirrorball instead.

Furthermore, no need to roll APoC on a wizhat, might as well just get a fire andy's for that.

The 2pc can be gotten with offpieces like pants and boots easily, 3pc if you really want the fireres w/ RoRG you can go with the eye, assuming all fire build and magefist/cindercoat/fire andy/fire soj/devastator (maybe).
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 01:25 PMPosted by theonepanda

Well, if you're focused on APoC the only really good builder to use is MM, and if you use MM, you really should mirrorball instead.

Furthermore, no need to roll APoC on a wizhat, might as well just get a fire andy's for that.

The 2pc can be gotten with offpieces like pants and boots easily, 3pc if you really want the fireres w/ RoRG you can go with the eye, assuming all fire build and magefist/cindercoat/fire andy/fire soj/devastator (maybe).

The orb itself looks like it might be BiS for fire WoW build, or any flame blades spec for that matter. I agree you probably want a mirrorball if you're using MM/conflagrate.

Still looking to get the final 2 questions answered from the OP and added a nice little opinion piece to it because the overwhelming majority seems to think that this set is on fire--on fire like a flaming turd on a stick!
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 4/15/2014 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We really need to draw more attention to just how crappy this set is. Not only is it bad in and of itself, it pales in comparison to Tal's and Vyr's and gets completely destroyed by other class sets. Six set bonuses I'd rather have:

20% CDR + Blazar gains the effect of Spellsteal and Event Horizon (or casts Molten Impact at its location)
Explosive Blast gains the effect of the Short Fuse rune
Dealing fire damage refreshes the duration of your fire DoTs + All fire DoTs can stack
Hydra instead summons a Phoenix minion that attacks enemies for X% of your weapon damage
Virtually anything other than what it has, as long as it isn't on-kill

I made this up in a few minutes and most of it is dumb, yet still better than the on-kill. They were drunk when they made this set.
Reply Quote
I myself got the full set (only wearing the boots & gloves for the set bonus), it's not even worth using honestly when there are other sets out there.

Compared to the other classes set even Vyr sucks, it would have been nice if it was something like the earthquake set or the DH thing where you kill a demon, you shave 1 second off the CD. I was excited when I got the gloves & boots in 1 run then after looking at the set bonuses I was like WTF is that garbage... then the game rewarded me with the other pieces.... This game is truly Evil.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]