Diablo® III

Still manage to get destroyed by arcane beams

Any tips on play style? I've worked for this gear, bought most of it in the AH, yet doing festering woods and fields of misery runs, I always manage to get destroyed if I haven't got WOTB active, and then still manage to get killed sometimes.

I use sprint to spam the tornadoes, but it seems like in Warrior's Rest for example, with an arcane enchanter, there's just not enough mobs to be able to gain health back quickly enough.

Any tips?

Here's my build: http://d3up.com/b/1325209
Reply Quote
This is in inferno MP10 by the way. I would have thought with this gear I could farm efficiently, but maybe not. Seems like if I die once near an elite, it's a neverending cycle from there as my WOTB will be cooling down, and arcane beams will just %%*@@*#* me without it active
Reply Quote
Maybe you should try avoiding the arcane beams? This may help.

Sorry I'm noob barb :(
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 2/2/2014 10:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 10:39 PMPosted by DayMan92
Any tips on play style? I've worked for this gear, bought most of it in the AH, yet doing festering woods and fields of misery runs, I always manage to get destroyed if I haven't got WOTB active, and then still manage to get killed sometimes.

I use sprint to spam the tornadoes, but it seems like in Warrior's Rest for example, with an arcane enchanter, there's just not enough mobs to be able to gain health back quickly enough.

Any tips?

Here's my build: http://d3up.com/b/1325209

for stuff like the arcane beams, i swapped in rend:bloodlust and it keeps me alive even w/o wrath, as long as it crits...also, using opks would help with your crits...

losing wrath happens to me in the same kind of situations as you describe. i try killing the e's while in a white mob so i have plenty to fuel my fury (gave up a fury generator)...or i save my wrath (until i get in a good crowd) and take out the e w/o wrath...but you're using frenzy so you should be able to build your fury pretty quick.

i'm a 2h skorn dude, you're dw...i'm not familiar enough with dw...but most dw barbs i see use ef on off hand...not sure if you're missing any breakpoints.
Edited by z3o#1263 on 2/3/2014 12:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
@DayMan - You are running one form of life sustain without the AR or dps to back it up. One source of life steal calls for over 600+ AR plus 400k buffed DPS and even then sometimes its not enough.

If you are struggling with arcane, the easiest fix would be to swap out TaN (you are at 733k EHP w/o it) with Bloodthirst and you will have an easier time.
Reply Quote
try to keep moving the main monster out of the area and kite it a bit. move in move out between beams. pull it away and back to white trash to keep up health. dance inbetween the beams. Also, you can adjust your follower to a freezing attack which comes in handy to help reduce number of beams. use an enchanter with freeze weapon and amulet and IAS on all items.

My wizard Toon may have the follower equipped with those Items. I am currently using something different on my follower on my barb.
Edited by Silverlock#1415 on 2/3/2014 3:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]