Diablo® III

Recommendations

Hey everyone,

I need recommendations for my Wizard

I pretty much faceroll MP 8 though diablro3.com says I should be doing 6

I can play MP9 and 10 but die a little to often by myself. With friends in a group I do just fine and 9 and 10

I know I need a bit more CD but outside of spending money on the AH, any ideas skillwise I can play with.

Thoughts
Reply Quote
The IAS on the ammy does nothing for you. Replace it with more CC and maybe an average damage roll.

Your Hellfire ring is not good enough to be worth the slot. Get a rare ring with CC, 9 IAS and AR. Alternatively, get a Nat's ring with CC, AR and 9 IAS and Nat's boots with Int/Vit for the 7 CC bonus. This will also push you over the 2.728 breakpoint.

You're low on LoH and APoC. This is why you're forced to run with Prism. Get a Storm Crow with 5.5+ CC and 420+ LoH.

When you get AR on an item, get 65+. 2 rolls of 40 AR will cost more than 1 roll of 80. Look for more AR on chest, pants, belt and bracers. Drop Int on such pieces if necessary. When you hit something like 750-800 AR, you can switch to an SNS setup, with Diamond Shards and Shocking Aspect, which will buff your eDPS by 30-40%, more than making up for any lost Int. See PieHole's excellent guide for more information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728753771

Please stop putting Marquise gems in your armor. Such a waste of gold. :(

Good luck!
Edited by mzy#1101 on 2/2/2014 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
WOW, Thanks for the great ideas/information

I will look into these. ;)
Reply Quote
Actually I had better boots and Helm in my stash.

Bought a new Ammy and Chest piece with your recommendations.

Lost health and Int but gained about 20,000 DPS

Weird note, in game my AR says 721 as the lowest and 799 as the highest, but when I exit out and check the site, it says 415

CC is 50.50 and CD is now 249.

Still IAS is at 2.65 at least until I find better items at a price I can afford.

Yeah, now that we know ROS will be dropping Marquise and larger like candy, me making them back when I did was a huge waste of Gold
Reply Quote
Well, Lucifer. I recommend you find you some Jesus to fix all your Wizard woes.
Reply Quote
Your profile lists affixes, not stats. You only have 415 of the Resistance to All Elements affix. The Int on your gear is not counted towards that, even though it does contribute to your AR.

Marquise gems in armor were always a waste, unfortunately. You gain 4 Int for each upgrade from Radiant Star to Marquise, at a cost of 50-55m gold. That's really, really inefficient. Even the upgrade from Perfect Star to Radiant Star is of questionable value, at a cost of roughly 11m.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:29 AMPosted by Malakai

Umm, OK :/

Thank you mzy for the help and information ;)
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:29 AMPosted by Malakai

lol

Heyyyyy, that's my shtick!

But, you were all over that one *like a nun in a cucumber patch ; )

*this has been ™ by Melkor©-2013
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:44 AMPosted by mzy
Your profile lists affixes, not stats. You only have 415 of the Resistance to All Elements affix. The Int on your gear is not counted towards that, even though it does contribute to your AR.

Thank You! I was wondering about this myself... thought I was seeing things
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]