Diablo® III

Why cold soj is good?

I understand why its good when using EF to minimize the effect of fear but for a skorn barb, why would I want to slow the mobs following me all around? Let me know since im planning on changing my soj for a -5/30 hota reduc one.

Also if you have one for sale dont be shy ;)
Reply Quote
* Cold is the only elemental effect (currently) that snares or slows mobs upon hit. So the ww from RLTW actually do more work on them because they are slow to get out of your tornadoes.

* The up to 30% bonus vs elites is extremely strong for boss/elite farming

So...if you are farming trashmobs...take that ring off and put on a good-ol-fashioned trifector.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 2/3/2014 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Quetzal
my soj for a -5/30 hota reduc one.

I wouldn't recommend getting a -5/30 cold one unless all your other gear is fully upgraded. You are much better off upgrading your Skorn + getting a regular -5/30 one for the same price.
Reply Quote
-5/30 cold is still worth over a billion, it'd be a very foolish purchase to put it lightly. You could probaly rebuy your entire gearset twice over for that.
02/03/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Pri
So...if you are farming trashmobs...take that ring off and put on a good-ol-fashioned trifector.

Make it trifector with avg dmg instead of IAS to keep bp's. Like a CD unity.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/3/2014 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 02:28 PMPosted by silverfire
-5/30 cold is still worth over a billion, it'd be a very foolish purchase to put it lightly. You could probaly rebuy your entire gearset twice over for that.

Your friendly neighborhood koalaman is looking for you.
Reply Quote
I really like to down elites fast, I dont plan on changing my soj for a rare ring to gain 30k dps. I know -5/30 cold soj are really expensive, I was talking about a standard one, fire poison light or anything else. So if anyone has one for sale let me know because searching for them on AH is a pain.

By the way, I dont think 500m could rebuild my set. My mempo alone is still worth 300. Although, thanks for openning my eyes on the skorn/DW concepts silverfire ;)
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 03:03 PMPosted by Quetzal
By the way, I dont think 500m could rebuild my set. My mempo alone is still worth 300. Although, thanks for openning my eyes on the skorn/DW concepts silverfire ;)

500m probably not, 1b probably so. It's hard to say what anything is worth these days...prices plummeting on everything. int crit mempos already 50m territory these days...how long till str follows? All I'm saying is, don't go nuts buying stuff. The perfect SoJ's still retain their value because they're perfect.

30 non cold, I'd put at 350m tops, still not a very good value proposition. I'd probably try to look for something like a 28/5 with +6 elemental (somehow makes them cheaper than 29 with +5 elemental even though they're better...)
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/3/2014 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cold SOJ's unfortunately do not work in the PTR / ROS (you don't get the proc effect). It's still good on live but to spend 1b+ is not wise IMO. I sold my 6/30/5 cold HOTA SOJ and got a normal cold one for farming.

Get a non-cold -5 HOTA SOJs for the expansion IMO (although it's debatable how useful HOTA would be as well as minus resource cost in the expansion). Price indicated by silverfire is about right.
Reply Quote
What do you think the my barb is wearing is worth? its 30/6
Reply Quote
@Exiter not much. Monks use SOJs for the elite bonus, but they're less useful than they are to barbs. In your one the spirit regen is very low, and DR is mostly used by duo- or tri-gen monks to build total damage, not to deal damage by itself.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 04:58 PMPosted by DAKKON
Cold SOJ's unfortunately do not work in the PTR / ROS (you don't get the proc effect). It's still good on live but to spend 1b+ is not wise IMO. I sold my 6/30/5 cold HOTA SOJ and got a normal cold one for farming.

Get a non-cold -5 HOTA SOJs for the expansion IMO (although it's debatable how useful HOTA would be as well as minus resource cost in the expansion). Price indicated by silverfire is about right.

I wish blizz would make up their minds how to deal with elemental damage and then unambiguously tell us. I noticed cold soj didn't snare in ptr when it first went up but I don't know what change was made to make this the case. Btw I have a ghetto 5/28/5. Think it was less than 30 mill.
Reply Quote
02/06/2014 03:49 PMPosted by ladish
I wish blizz would make up their minds how to deal with elemental damage and then unambiguously tell us. I noticed cold soj didn't snare in ptr when it first went up but I don't know what change was made to make this the case. Btw I have a ghetto 5/28/5. Think it was less than 30 mill.

I read in the ROS forums that it was due to how they treat elemental damage in general. It's down to "wording" which at this stage I don't have off-hand but I know is buried in the ROS discussion boards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]