Diablo® III

Anyone Getting Bored?

Troll post of the day...

Been para leveling hard since my comeback in Nov (left for 8 months, grinding by myself wasn't fun anymore). Meet the Mumble crowd, upgraded my gear and the fun was back....

My goal is to take enough exp to have para 200 in RoS.

Crypt prep, crypt runs, rinse and repeat...talking on mumble about a multitude of different issues from RL to PTR to RoS.... Now many of those I've been leveling with have reached their goal/s less and less to run with...not really interested in joining a MP10 pub game...most the games I do join take way to long to take down the elites...as booz would say..."inefficient."

Playing a little PTR to breakup the crypt runs.. now I'm starting to get bored on that...Why.

Same content, mob density and drops are not impacting my current gear. Other than getting a couple good weapons for my followers and a nice pair of bracers...everything else is junk compare to the gear I imported (my Archon set). I'm not getting any drops that would encourage me to try different builds or dramatically change my play style...dropped down some lvls to see if I could get more drops by killing faster...doesn't seem to work as in live...must be RNG or something else possibly a timer...you play for 2 hrs u get a drop...

We still have about 6 weeks until RoS goes live with the probability of Loot 2.0/Paragon combination going into effect a couple weeks before RoS...

So anyone else getting bored?
Reply Quote
Yup
Reply Quote
View profile
I've been bored since MP10 nerfs in 2012. First 6-8 months of tis game was awesome though. Getting stomped in original inferno to our nerfs to crazy key wardens in Mp10. Games been carebeared to the max and there is not much to do besides grind for more gear when you already face roll everything. A couple things were interesting and brought me back like crafting and unlimited paragons but can't hold me attention more than a couple weeks. Games just boring.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/4/2014 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
The only way not to be bored is to play AH the end - buy sell buy sell. I'm not talking about flipping. Just trying different stats - called horizontal upgrade. or just look for a great buy or cheap buy whatever you call it.

One month of playing AH is still more fun than crypt or vota. I think uber is still fun for like 15 min run.

Look for the diamond on the rock in AH. and those last min biddings are quite exciting.
Reply Quote
Nope, playing Tim the Toolman has me quite busy.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thats right yoda - AH is diablos 3 end game. Used to be it was hard as crap. Other than that didnt have much going for it. Poor itemization so you really didnt want to pursue certain gear we qll looked alike anyway. Poor customization so you never had to rebuild. Just switch skills.
Reply Quote
Feeling relieved to be done.

Made a cheap !@# Frankenstein CM wizard from ROS/stash parts to fart around with.

AH still keeping me entertained. Have a lot of vested interest in it right now...

Otherwise a quick jump into PTR keeps me going, but that is getting stale quick as well.
Reply Quote
Nah. Not really. I still have work to do. I have always viewed the AH as something I had to use to get good gear, and definitely not "my" endgame.
Reply Quote
Hey Romad, not really bored; I just got super busy with several real-life things. LOL. I took our pups to our friends' Super Bowl party so all the kids could have their own puppy bowl while parents watched the game in peace. ;-)

Like Junger, I'm also working on home improvement stuff that needs to get done this week and this month. Then we start working on the hidden cellar. Our buyers close escrow this week, probably tomorrow. I talked to JoeMammy somewhat recently about how much a kitchen remodel would be.
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 10:12 AMPosted by jenpeezey
I just got super busy with several real-life things. LOL.

"Just Saying....You Know!"

You are missed...miss the conversations and your laugh....hope everything goes well and you come back to help keeps us entertained!
Reply Quote
I dislike AH and am looking forward to not having to look at it in any form.

I can tolerate crypt runs, but I don't like them that much. They don't stress test gear enough and are way too repetitive.

I like ubers and vota, and switching between as many classes as possible, but I'm running out of stuff to do other than finally start playing demon hunter.
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 10:16 AMPosted by Romad
You are missed...miss the conversations and your laugh....hope everything goes well and you come back to help keeps us entertained!

Thanks, Romad! I'll try to pop on on the weekend amid the chaos of pups/remodeling/tearing up the house.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Glad to hear from you PZ!

Unlike Yoda, I won't make a post about you, and everyone else not around, quitting and uninterested and such, lol. Its a great time to take a break from the game. Paragon grinding is pretty boring. AH is stale. You're in a good place with paragons anyway. ROS is coming in a month or so.

Unfortunately, so is Dark Souls 2 and Metal Gear Solid...all on PlayStation. Elder Scrolls Online comes out on PS4 this summer...if I choose to play it....So, summer is good for that.

By some odd quirk of....whatever....there hasn't been any other PS game that I've wanted to play in the last year or 2....so, D3 came at the perfect time. Now, It'll have to be in the mix of other games.

O_O
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 2/4/2014 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2014 10:21 AMPosted by silverfire
I can tolerate crypt runs, but I don't like them that much. They don't stress test gear enough

Sounds like you just aren't generating enough lag!
Reply Quote
bored af para lvling
prob not going to do much more of that. lvl 201 on ptr seems like enough for me.

ptr and messing with skills/specs is fun but i dont want to do that too much and ruin the experience for me of learning new stuff. feel like i already learned enough playing around for a few hours so i may just chill and do a few crypt runs a week til ros. keep selling things on ah etc
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 10:30 AMPosted by PieHole
Unfortunately, so is Dark Souls 2 and Elder Scrolls and Metal Gear Solid...all on PlayStation.

ESO really has my interest...loved Skyrm...loved making the gear, enchanting, disenchanting, making great potions.... I even built a few sets of Daedric Armor and weapons...my favorite is my bow that had soul capture enchantment....that plus my 100 point archery skill was great...then switch weapons and hack stuff up....
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 10:30 AMPosted by PieHole
Unfortunately, so is Dark Souls 2 and Metal Gear Solid...all on PlayStation. Elder Scrolls Online comes out on PS4 this summer...if I choose to play it....So, summer is good for that.

actually, I have been playing some iPad app games - Clash of Titan only b/c I saw the commercial for it. I have been watching Jaedong's SCII matches only because he was nominated for the stream against Jaetch. You guys should watch MC vs Jaedong where Jaedong should have won but MC and came back and won in 30min + battle. pretty amazing. Does anyone play Terrain class in SCII? It looks like you either play Zerg or Protoss.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 2/4/2014 10:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I wanted to have 1 paragon 100 character before RoS but I don't know if I can get it. The game is getting too boring and it doesn't help that the worst class in the game is my main one. If the Loot 2.0 patch comes out a few weeks before RoS with the class changes then I'll play more.
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 10:21 AMPosted by silverfire
I like ubers and vota, and switching between as many classes as possible, but I'm running out of stuff to do other than finally start playing demon hunter.

I finally got around to playing with my Demon Hunter again. I never really got into the whole Rapid Fire thing when I first gave her a go, so she's been pretty neglected.

I was toying around with the various Strafe runes for a bit the other day. They were all rather underwhelming, even on MP5. Finally, more out of a sense of "I might as well try the last one too" than anything, I picked the Demolition rune. You know, just for a couple minutes, and then I was going to end the Strafe experiment and call it a night.

...And then everything suddenly started exploding. And my discipline started going from empty to full in mere seconds. And then I went looking for something to spend it all on, and learned that Caltrops does not have a casting animation. And I started spamming Jagged Spikes into large packs and raised the MP a couple of levels. And then, totally unexpectedly, I started having fun. A lot of fun.

So now I have another couple of weeks of Diablo 3 ahead of me. I didn't think I still had it in me! :)
Edited by mzy#1101 on 2/4/2014 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
What's troubling me...

1) I'm starting to get the same legendaries over and over... to the point where I can immediately say "that's a brim." I don't want to be able to say that in RoS like in vanilla D3.

2) I don't pick up rares. At all. They can't help me anymore, not even for salvaging as I've got thousands of them already.

3) I play Normal as opposed to Torment difficulties. I get waaaayyyyy more legendary drops. I get that I kill faster, but I have 1.5m dps buffed. Torment 1 goes quick enough, but still, just doesn't compare to the amount of loot I get on Normal difficulty. The new legs aren't enticing enough to play for 1 legendary every 2 hours compared to 4-5.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]