Diablo® III

2h vs dual wield question

I've decided to play again after about 4 months and am thinking of switching to dual wield. I am wondering if anyone knows what dps 2 1handers with a socket would need to be in order to be a reasonable upgrade over a 1350 dps skorn,
Reply Quote
I used to use a Skorn, but I am having a lot more fun dual wielding. You can look at my barb, he does MP 5 with no problems at all, guess I could go up in MP, but meh. I bought each of my swords for less than 5 mil for each one.
Reply Quote
Keep your skorn. I tried both and DW is weakest for sure within a smal budget.
Reply Quote
Fury generation can sometimes be an issue depending on the area's you farm and skill level. Besides that it's great, I only made a DW because i wanted to do some WW/Hota DW before it gets gutted.
Reply Quote
What dps would the 1handers need to be about to equal or pass a 1350 Skorn?
Reply Quote
I have a 1367 skorn with 527 strength, no life steal and a 1350 skorn with 300 strength and life steal. They are both a bit stronger then the DW items on my profile Stave barb. Hope that helps you a bit. Of course it also depends on your other items.
Reply Quote
It's really not that simple. If i could track down some oldschool pure WW offhand dagger stat stick profiles i could explain better.
Plus certain skills aren't based on attack speed. Rend/revenge are two good examples where slow, high damage range weapons will always do more damage.
It also needs to be noted that average damage from rings/ammy's is a lot more beneficial to DW.

Overall it's gonna depend on your playstyle.
Reply Quote
I find duel weilding is much easier and resource management is a lot smoother than with a Skorn.

And thats even with my pathetic gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]