Diablo® III

Me again...the moonlighting WD

I came here a few weeks ago and got some good advice from you guys ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/11423022292#1 )...so I'm back for more. ;)

I've managed to take my barb Bluto up to MP9 even more comfortably than I was doing MP6.
I added another piece of IAS and upgraded a couple of others so I could switch in my +.23 aps EF with socket and still hit the 2.5 breakpoint. I also added a bunch of crit.
WOW!!! The difference it made getting up to the 2.5 BP..... Stunning.

In the process I lost a bit of vit, about 500 armour and about 3-40 AR.

So here's my question: What is it going to take for me to get into MP10 effectively? I've tried it a few times and it's _fairly_ smooth....until...... I step on multi-stacked poison (we're talking blowing through whirlwinding...) or I get a point blank bull charge that I couldn't see in the massive mob of creatures...
Either of those things basically insta-kill me, however in MP9 I can tank either of them...???
(FWIW, I skip elites with my current DPS)

Thanks again guys.
Edited by Spectre#1379 on 2/4/2014 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's going to take quite a bit to become effective on mp10. There's a big difference between survival and efficiency.

You need more vit to survive the bull charges and similar one-shots. 50k is a minimum. Your chest, helm and belt are easy places to get more vit. I'd go for a mempo. It doesn't have to have crit unless you can afford a 4%+ one. You're OK for crit chance.

Your ar is OK for trash. Your life steal is OK, but if you can get another slot on gear, you can use brawler instead of bloodthirst, and become more efficient.

Damage wise, your weapons are unsuitable. Mainhand EF will give some forum regulars a heart attack. Both sprint and rend use main hand damage, so you're fearing all over the place. Put the EF in your offhand, and get a mace with as many as you can afford of life steal, socket, high dmg, cd, str. With a mace you'll still hit the 2.5/2.5 bp, in fact you won't waste any attack speed.
Reply Quote
Solid tips. Thanks, gooball!
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 10:37 AMPosted by gooball
so you're fearing all over the place.

...This probably factors into how I'm "surviving" now...

And I also find it far less of a factor with rend. "Sure...you run off and die over there... I'll still see the star."
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 10:37 AMPosted by gooball
. Mainhand EF will give some forum regulars a heart attack

He's forgiven since he's self-found. Choices are limited, focus is on getting it working no matter how dirty.

02/04/2014 09:27 AMPosted by Spectre
So here's my question: What is it going to take for me to get into MP10 effectively?

Upwards of a billion in gold spent wisely on the AH, even in the current state of the economy.
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 12:24 PMPosted by silverfire
Upwards of a billion in gold spent wisely on the AH, even in the current state of the economy.

Party pooper. :P

Okay...so MP9 it is...not so bad I guess.
Reply Quote
Depends on what you consider "effective"

Your gear is more MP7-MP8 territory in my eyes,
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 12:29 PMPosted by silverfire
Depends on what you consider "effective"

Your gear is more MP7-MP8 territory in my eyes,

K, now you're just being mean... ;}

No, seriously, I acknowledge I'm probably extending up to MP9 by virtue of the killing power of Rend.
That thing is a truck when you have the crit to support it.
The trash does take a tad long to kill maybe... I'll try a couple of runs of MP8 and see if the net is faster XP.
Reply Quote
Whoa! Is that a .23 EF w/17.6 fear? I almost had a heart attack.

Just messing with you Spectre
Reply Quote
i have a free echoing fury.
940 ish 0.25as, life steal, 10.5 fear. It will obviously be a paper dps downgrade but the upside is you can use brawler which may give you more edps. Send a request if you want it
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 07:07 PMPosted by Nondescript
Send a request if you want it

Sweet! I'll add you tonight.
Reply Quote
Wanted to pop in and say thank you to Nondescript.

I think you logged off before you saw my thank you in chat.

Thank you, cheers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]