Diablo® III

Tips for a Barb

I am thinking of trying to get ready to grind to at least 75 paragon level or so before RoS hits. I will just table my usual main (DH trapsinner) for mp 10 because of low EHP and general having hard time find upgrades that keep dps intact and boost EHP.

Ideally I would like to be able to do solo MP10 (currently I can do MP7 with a few certain nasty nail-biting combo mob).

My budget for gold AH will be no more ideally than 5 million (most stuff I gotten are either self-found gears or hand-me down gears from other nice players) for upgrading.

I have been very lucky with my first set barb 2hand drop and gotten 504 STR on Immortal boulder breaker as a game changer drop. For instance, at MP0 pre-drop he was struggling to do more than hit like a wet noggle then afterward he hit like a truck in MP3 no less!

Any other changes would you make to this build? Why?

One change I can see myself doing is take out the helmet red gem and put in a purple one but only when I am much closer to my goal. I am prefect aware that my amulet, pant, and ring aren't great.
Reply Quote
Drop one of the def passives, which ever is helping the least and drop Inspiring Presence, you can cast your auras anytime so they never run out, you just need to cast them more.

In place use Ruthless and either Wep Master of Bloodthirst. Master for more damage and Blood for tanking. I would recommend Master.

Cost you nothing.
Reply Quote
Hi,

A few comments to share with you.

1. For WW build, hitting the breakpoint is paramount. So, if you can, gear to 42%. With wrath, you will hit the 1.67 breakpoint. Your tornadoes will deal damage more frequently, and that also helps with your fury management.

2. Your critical hit chance is too low. Aim for 35% on gear.

3. Your HP is too low. Aim for 50k.

4. IK weapon really gimps your damage. Try looking for a Skorn. The inherent CHD and socket (for emerald) will dramatically improve your DPS.

Your budget of 5mil makes it tough, but with prices coming down, your luck is looking good!
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 01:44 PMPosted by Dwic
Drop one of the def passives, which ever is helping the least and drop Inspiring Presence, you can cast your auras anytime so they never run out, you just need to cast them more.

In place use Ruthless and either Wep Master of Bloodthirst. Master for more damage and Blood for tanking. I would recommend Master.

Cost you nothing.

That really help a bit and managed to clear two key warden runs on MP8. Although I was dying a tiny bit too much for my taste.

02/06/2014 02:23 AMPosted by w4nk
Hi,

A few comments to share with you.

1. For WW build, hitting the breakpoint is paramount. So, if you can, gear to 42%. With wrath, you will hit the 1.67 breakpoint. Your tornadoes will deal damage more frequently, and that also helps with your fury management.

2. Your critical hit chance is too low. Aim for 35% on gear.

3. Your HP is too low. Aim for 50k.

4. IK weapon really gimps your damage. Try looking for a Skorn. The inherent CHD and socket (for emerald) will dramatically improve your DPS.

Your budget of 5mil makes it tough, but with prices coming down, your luck is looking good!

Look like I am just 5 attack speed just shy of 42%. So which is easier to get on ammy or ring or leg?

For critical hit chance I can push it up to 40 with revenge proc or did you meant 35% without revenge? Ditto for which piece of gear can I get critical hit on? Look like bracer lacuni prowler can provide that but price-wise no go.

Yes I can swap 4 red gems (helmet + 1 chest + 2 leg) for purple gems would that push me over 50k? Which level of gem should I try to aim for?

I do have a skorn but take a look on my WD will that work? Especially if it has only int as stat?
Reply Quote
You can get the IAS anywhere, but it can be expensive in ammy and rings.

The 35% crit chance is on gear, unbuffed by skills or passives.

You can get cc lacuni at pretty low prices, but this means that you will have to replace the lost vit and AR.

Generally we do not like using amethysts, as it is an indicator that Vit is lacking in the gears. The best places to get vit are shoulders, chest and pants.

I have a strength skorn, add me in game and i'll pass it to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]