Diablo® III

Uberjager's Departure: Share your Steam adds

RoS was supposed to revitalize this game, to give it new purpose and meaning so that we could enjoy more ingame moments together.

Alas, it is not to be.

With the recent change of deciding upon a band aid fix (to prevent enchant rerolls for pre-RoS gear) blizzard has shown that they themselves are unwilling to put in the necessary effort in order to make this game better. And that because of this, this game in essence is already doomed from this point henceforth.

What then is the point of us sitting here and discussing any form of improvement or to contribute to the state of this game? Every time this game has let us down blizz comes in shining armor to promise improvements. And at every turn blizz has fallen short of its promises.

I will wait for 5 days to see if the devs decide to clarify. After which I send in a support ticket to refund my RoS pre-order.

Just as a preemptive move to keep in contact to this awesome barb community (I will no longer come on here when those 5 days are up and there's no response) here's my steam add:

Überjäger or 9296334

I'm about this close to being done with this game for good.

Last but not least, It has been a real pleasure talking/trolling/gaming/theorycrafting with you guys. There are too many names to mention here but you guys know who you are <(^^<).

Edit:
Leave your steam adds if you want to stay in contact. (post it so we can add each other)
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 2/5/2014 12:55 AM PST
Man, it's really disheartening to see these threads popping up now. If it were April 1st, I would tell them "well played, Blizz", but unfortunately it's not, so here we are.

My Steam add is the same as my btag: Takkonen

I'll eventually get around to adding people as they pop up here. I haven't logged onto Steam in awhile, although I really need to as I have a backlog of games I have been buying for years on sales, and still have yet to play them, haha.
Edited by Takkonen#1756 on 2/5/2014 1:17 AM PST
It has also been my privilege to be a part of this great Community, a refuge from a life hectic. I play this game because of all of you.

If it comes to be that we no longer meet here, I am hoping that I will continue to have the honour of playing with you all in other games.

I'll have to look up what my Steam account name is, I haven't played anything but Diablo in ever so long :)
Here's a preemptive welcome back hug.

<(^^<)
Nyan's infected us all, even the mighty DAKKON :)
Edited by Morpheus#6524 on 2/5/2014 1:25 AM PST
i will miss you (not really)
You gotta love that DH. :)
02/05/2014 01:28 AMPosted by zapro

You'll still be running around by yourself? :)

@ DAKKON

Yar :)
Edited by Morpheus#6524 on 2/5/2014 1:32 AM PST
My steam id - anwinj.

I had to resurface in between personal / work issues... just for this.

Sad day today for us Diablo suckers, yes, I am one.
02/05/2014 01:28 AMPosted by zapro

I'll miss you too. D:
View profile
**Waits for $.50 gold prices**

This is an interesting move, and should stir up the hornets nest nicely, as well as make for some very entertaining forum lurking in the next days.

nUber, what about crafting? Are crafts light years away from what you can accomplish with legendaries? Is this forcing us to use the same legs that every single player has with no sense of uniqueness?

The crafting system will have a strong impact on my continuance with this game....

Neways, I think my steam login is lynx50187
02/05/2014 03:23 AMPosted by RagingKoala
**Waits for $.50 gold prices**

This is an interesting move, and should stir up the hornets nest nicely, as well as make for some very entertaining forum lurking in the next days.

nUber, what about crafting? Are crafts light years away from what you can accomplish with legendaries? Is this forcing us to use the same legs that every single player has with no sense of uniqueness?

The crafting system will have a strong impact on my continuance with this game....

Neways, I think my steam login is lynx50187

You added me two days ago RagingNuboala >.>

The crafting system is pretty bad from what I can see.

And given the present state of the game, what's going to happen is that you'll be replacing your set with rares about 2 hours in.
View profile
02/05/2014 03:31 AMPosted by Uberjager

The crafting system is pretty bad from what I can see.

And given the present state of the game, what's going to happen is that you'll be replacing your set with rares about 2 hours in.

I don't really care if I replace my current gear in ROS, I do however, care very much whether or not I can craft my way to BIS items, and still be as (if not more) efficient for farming.
I'm addicted to crafting, if its crappy in ROS, and forces me to have legs in every slot like everyone else that plays the game, that would suck. I enjoy doing things differently, and since gearing is like 90% of this game, thats the best place to be different.
There's just one thing I don't understand from all those complaining posts: afterall, is there going to be a Ladder system or not?

Because if it does, all -tryhard/nolife/addicted/...- players would simply migrate to it, sacrificing their 'past' for a fresh game.

However, if it doesn't, it's a pretty crappy solution. I'd just implement ladder after 1-2 weeks of release and include a couple of Ladder-specific legendaries each season to make it even more attractive.

Uber, I don't understand why this is the tipping point for you. Who cares if we can't enchant existing items? Why would you want to continue to use the same damned gear that we've been using forever, the gear that does nothing to encourage build diversity, the gear that is one dimensional within the itemization system? Leaving existing gear behind is the first step to better itemization and build diversity, IMO. If I never see another CC mempo or 9/50 WH, I will be happier for it.

If Blizzard is not giving us compelling gear in RoS, that is the next issue to address.
I didn't think you'd be one to leave as well UberJunior :p
I shall miss you, might just have to fire up steam if i can remember my damn password.

Pretty sure my account is king_shano i'll double check and edit my post after work
Edited by Uber#1569 on 2/5/2014 5:27 AM PST
02/05/2014 04:53 AMPosted by VeePow

Uber, I don't understand why this is the tipping point for you. Who cares if we can't enchant existing items? Why would you want to continue to use the same damned gear that we've been using forever, the gear that does nothing to encourage build diversity, the gear that is one dimensional within the itemization system? Leaving existing gear behind is the first step to better itemization and build diversity, IMO. If I never see another CC mempo or 9/50 WH, I will be happier for it.

If Blizzard is not giving us compelling gear in RoS, that is the next issue to address.

Most players are missing the crux of the matter.

The point is that blizz isn't interested in fixing the game like they told us they would.

RoS was supposed to fix the game, this recent move doesn't exactly give me much confidence in that.
View profile
So long noobjager...Good luck in everything!
02/05/2014 06:53 AMPosted by Uberjager
The point is that blizz isn't interested in fixing the game like they told us they would.

I still don't see why enchanting existing gear matters at all but obviously you shouldn't play if you don't want to.

RoS is not out. The beta is not final. Blizzard conceivably could improve itemization and incentive build diversity before launch. Their track record for giving dedicated players a good experience is terrible and their development team is plainly dysfunctional. But who knows what will happen.

Happy trails.
02/05/2014 07:03 AMPosted by VeePow
02/05/2014 06:53 AMPosted by Uberjager

I still don't see why enchanting existing gear matters at all but obviously you shouldn't play if you don't want to.

RoS is not out. The beta is not final. Blizzard conceivably could improve itemization and incentive build diversity before launch. Their track record for giving dedicated players a good experience is terrible and their development team is plainly dysfunctional. But who knows what will happen.

Happy trails.

Because if you haven't seen via the posts on RoS beta feedback, the current itemization is bad.

It's so bad that even legacy items can trump RoS dropped gear.

So instead of them making RoS dropped gear good, they're nerfing legacies in order that people will be forced to "item hunt" because its the easier option. Since they're down this slippery slope of band aid fixing, which is ironic because RoS is the the fix itself (RoS was blizzard's fix solution for d3 vanilla) we can assume they stopped caring about RoS's development and just want to make a game catering to the biggest demographic possible to get their sales targets. They're not actually interested in making a playable game, they just want to make their sales. So whatever hope you have for them fixing itemization is gone, this is their solution to the problem.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 2/5/2014 7:29 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]