Diablo® III

Uberjager's Departure: Share your Steam adds

I feel really let down if Blizzard's stance is to start everyone from scratch. I have been treating ROS as a continuation from this game. I have been buying gear that I thought would give me a head start and why shouldn't I get a head start.

I will admit I invested in RAH many months ago, I bought my Mempo and one of my rings. Thought it was a good long term investment as D3 would go on for years.

I have also put in many hours to get ahead of most of the pack. I have also invested by pre-purchasing ROS prep gear recently and I am now disappointed I did. I would have preferred to keep working on improving my current Barb.

With the promise of rerolling legacy gear I sold my ubber LS EF and bought other gear. If I thought they were going to do this I would have held onto my EF and stayed with D3.

I for one have always been sick of people complaining and could see Blizzard constantly improving the game and expected this to continue with ROS.

This is my first real disappointment from a Blizzard action since I started playing and I feel betrayed.

Let me know if there is a real chance they will refund the pre-purchase Ubberjager.
^ sub a ticket man even requesting a refund is feedback
View profile
(>^^)>

I can imagine a conference held for the CM's trying to decide who will be the one giving the bad news.
View profile
It came as quite a shock to me when Anwin messaged me about the thread on vanilla items not being able to be enchanted. Not because i have uber items to carry forward into ROS or that i have a stash full of items, but the sheer principle of what blizz has done is quite shocking.

Their track record of saying things first and then not doing them later is getting to be very alarming.

I am no gamer. The only game i have installed in my pc is diablo. Ever since D1 i have become drawn into the whole story/game. And it just hurts to see such inane solutions being offered.

Uberjager: Will never forget the trashing you gave anwin and me in the blue pvp contest. it was indeed a pleasure to have you in my friend list.

I just hope the game wins,not at the cost of its players though...i don't have a steam account nor do i even know what it is [ i know :P] so if you do decide to drop by in ROS do say hi :)

PS: why are the current BIS items being labelled as broken now?
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11642864285

Here are some leaked information of what happened.......really happened!
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 2/5/2014 8:56 AM PST
@Uberjager

Great minds think alike....I posted my goodbye last night.

Admittedly, I didn't learn of the enchantment ordeal til after my post and found myself laughing over another poor dev decision. Cheers bro.
Edited by Bloodyzbub#1683 on 2/5/2014 11:58 AM PST
Maybe it's time I actually use my steam more instead of playing just the few games I have on it lol.
02/05/2014 04:53 AMPosted by VeePow
02/05/2014 03:31 AMPosted by Uberjager
And given the present state of the game, what's going to happen is that you'll be replacing your set with rares about 2 hours in.

Uber, I don't understand why this is the tipping point for you. Who cares if we can't enchant existing items? Why would you want to continue to use the same damned gear that we've been using forever, the gear that does nothing to encourage build diversity, the gear that is one dimensional within the itemization system? Leaving existing gear behind is the first step to better itemization and build diversity, IMO. If I never see another CC mempo or 9/50 WH, I will be happier for it.

If Blizzard is not giving us compelling gear in RoS, that is the next issue to address.

I say good riddance to all current gear too (sorry to the people who spent money on theirs, I do understand your frustration), and I don't care what happens with enchanting either way.

The compelling gear in RoS IS the issue. The funny thing is, we probably would've speculated this anyways, but a blue came right out and stated point blank that the reason they have to do this is because legacy items can be better. That's something that simply shouldn't be happening. What's the point of leaving our existing gear behind if we have nothing to look forward to?

It's the reason behind why this is happening that's so troublesome. I want to find new gear that's actually better. Not just better, but much better. And I had hope that I would be able to.
02/05/2014 10:40 AMPosted by silverfire
The compelling gear in RoS IS the issue. The funny thing is, we probably would've speculated this anyways, but a blue came right out and stated point blank that the reason they have to do this is because legacy items can be better. That's something that simply shouldn't be happening. What's the point of leaving our existing gear behind if we have nothing to look forward to?

It's the reason behind why this is happening that's so troublesome. I want to find new gear that's actually better. Not just better, but much better. And I had hope that I would be able to.

1. RoS items are better.

The only effect of rerolled legacy is that you progress a bit faster at the beginning but eventually everyone will have to use the new gear with the new higher attributes and special effects/set bonuses to clear higher >T2. With or without rerolled legacy gear, T1-2 will be possible. In fact smart dropped rares are so good that you will be decked out within a day or so if you know what you´re doing.

I actually believe the legacy rerolled->RoS legendary gear progression feels better and more fluid than pure RoS items.

2. They created this mess themselves with the 4-2 categorisation. You do not have to be a genius to see that 4 Primary stats would have a bit of a difficult time competing with 6 Primary stats, even if some of the 4 Primary stats would roll higher values. But no, they had to lower the IAS roll and stuff.

Like...my RoS feeling was slowly moving towards "positive" recently but this is a kick to the groin and a warning sign to everyone who wants to put some time and effort into this game.

I mean, who´s to say they will not invalidate paragon leveling as well by giving us 1 billion exp/hour in the next beta patch?
02/05/2014 10:59 AMPosted by Nubtro
I actually believe the legacy rerolled->RoS legendary gear progression feels better and more fluid than pure RoS items.

Definiely agree.

02/05/2014 10:59 AMPosted by Nubtro
2. They created this mess themselves with the 4-2 categorisation. You do not have to be a genius to see that 4 Primary stats would have a bit of a difficult time competing with 6 Primary stats, even if some of the 4 Primary stats would roll higher values. But no, they had to lower the IAS roll and stuff.

This among other things.
I think my tag on Steam is Prisus (my logo is super mario smoking a dubee)

On another note Uber, I am retiring my current barb and leveling an entire new character (almost keen to the transition from D2 to D2:LOD). I came to the conclusion that any rerolling of any stats will just ulimately pervert what I worked so hard for.

I think this game can still be fun, but alas growing with our existing barbs might be a pipe dream that some will learn the hard way.

I will add ya on steam tonight unless you beat me to it.

I hate to see some of the oldschool step out...but this is the nature of many games now.

To anyone who would like to add me on Steam...juss let me know you're from the barb forums so I can make sure to filter out any other scumbag classes (Outside of Druin the Happy Monk of course).

This community has been probably one the strongest I have seen in my many years of gaming. Hopefully the passion generated here, translated into your personal lives and you guys have become even better individuals for it. I know I have.

<3
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]