Diablo® III

What's the best class for PVP in RoS?

60 <> 70?
Reply Quote
I don't understand your "60 <> 70?" do you mean whats the best class at 60 and at 70 using 2.0.1 game adjustments? Using new loot or old loot?

To be honest, the best class isn't known yet since nothing has been finalized. Furthermore, the meta-game is going to be drastically shuffled until every new legendary affix is completely tested and everyone's gear is roughly equivalent once the gear saturates.
Reply Quote
Looks like every class got a lot of great new pvp skills and gear to work with and I think over all the playing field will look a lot more ballanced outside of a few op specs.

one thing I havent seen is a physical dmg immunity ring/ammy. Not sure if they exist, but if not then that will be an easy cheese for physical class like barb to abuse in a no holds bar match to be immune to all dmg from elemental classes while still dishing out the pain.

Personally im looking forward to revive my wd for pvp and also being able to brawl with wiz with a bit more viability.

I really hope they do and update to brawling though or a full pvp mod. Other wise no matter what class comes out on top this community wont last long.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/6/2014 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wiz is more viable now; but WD seems to have received no major upgrades in skills. At the moment I think DHs are the most fearsome followed by Wizards and Monks. Barbs didn't gear better rend skills and now have to rely on things like Weapon Throw and stuff which isn't ideal. WD got an improved Locust Swarm and Spirit Barrage but Haunt can now be broken by Smokescreen and DH have far stronger attacks to bypass defenses like Zombie Dogs and tear any class to shreds very quickly.
Reply Quote
well I think its a good sign that you think your class is the strongest. we will see :P

ill probably dedicate 2-3 weeks to ros when it comes out to try and hold the pvp tittle again.

oh and I doubt any one will use locust in pvp. its impossible to hit with that !@#$ in the arena.

Id like to see some tourney where we get one life with each of the 6 classes. It think would be pretty fun!
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/6/2014 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well with 1.0.8 gears but 2.0.1 mechanics, I think DH are among the strongest class. Of course, once everyone gets new items with silly affixes, the roles may change.

The biggest potential for just plain broken game mechanics is once a DH gets 25% cooldown reduction, they can stay permanently smokescreened and get 20-30 seconds (depending on max discipline and luck with preparation - backup plan) where they can freely attack the other player with absolutely nothing to stop the DH. I don't see any viable strategy to counter that problem unless the other player can survive those 20-30 seconds somehow.
Reply Quote
did they remove the daibo that gives monk 0 cd on sss? not sure how someone would counter that... with how much spirit reg there is right now you can probably sss permanently and take no dmg, but I haven't been keeping track of the datamined changes so not sure.
Reply Quote
Ya that is pretty op with the smoke screen. but I do think they will make a change to that still as its not just op for pvp but also for pve. But looking forward to the challenge anyway. I already have a counter in mind.

oh ya and im already having nightmares of the new sss lol
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/6/2014 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
I haven't tested any non-1.0.8 gear in the PTR. Of course, new stuff will drastically adjust balance. However, I am first focusing on adjusted skills and passives.

So far I've tested Wizard vs DH which in favor of the DH but some random chance the Wizard can win with lucky Storm Armor, the only skill Wizard needs offensively. I've also tested Barb vs DH and while the DH generally has a great advantage here due to the massive increase in damage of attacks, the Barbs can counter most of those with Wrath of the Berserker - Striding Giant for MASSIVE dodge boost to make them immune to almost anything for 20 seconds. However, if the DH survives the 20 seconds, the Barb is finished shortly after.
Reply Quote
Update: (my predictions of 1.0.8 gear in PTR 2.0.1)

Barb < DH
Barb > Monk
Barb = WD
Barb << Wiz
DH >> Monk
DH >> WD
DH > Wiz
Monk = WD
Monk = Wiz
WD = Wiz

"=" means the match can go either way with luck, skill, and positioning; but this match is not really one-sided.
"<" or ">" means the match is in favor of one side but can go the other way depending on the skill/gear of the players.
"<<" or ">>" means the match is very one-sided and a competitive player shouldn't lose this match unless there is an extreme gear difference or the player has really bad luck.

Of course, these are my opinions based with limited data. I need more info on the Monk match-ups to draw better conclusions. Also, with 2.0.1 gear, the meta is completely scrambled as there are MANY new drastic legendary effects including but not limited to: immunity to particular elements, reduction of cooldowns, on hit/dodge/block effects, etc. That new meta will take a long time to settle once RoS is released.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 2/10/2014 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well I think you cant really say much about brawling in ros based on lvl 60 ptr predictions.

IMO The new legendaries and sets will define the brawling meta. as well as specific afix on gear combinations that are not normally used for farming.

I think there will be one or two months at the start where simply the players of any class who put in the most time grinding gear will dominate. then after that we will see the real cream of the crop rise where the players with the best knowledge and skill will develop specific counters to every classes brawling builds with bis gear sets to match each build.

Only thing im not looking forward to with the new gear is the immunity jewelry. Just seems like it will drastically reduce build variety and options in pvp without requiring any skill. and it will be a pain in the butt to effectively enforce bans on it in competition.
Reply Quote
Update: (my predictions of 1.0.8 gear in PTR 2.0.1)

Barb < DH
Barb > Monk
Barb = WD
Barb << Wiz
DH >> Monk
DH >> WD
DH > Wiz
Monk = WD
Monk = Wiz
WD = Wiz

"=" means the match can go either way with luck, skill, and positioning; but this match is not really one-sided.
"<" or ">" means the match is in favor of one side but can go the other way depending on the skill/gear of the players.
"<<" or ">>" means the match is very one-sided and a competitive player shouldn't lose this match unless there is an extreme gear difference or the player has really bad luck.

Of course, these are my opinions based with limited data. I need more info on the Monk match-ups to draw better conclusions. Also, with 2.0.1 gear, the meta is completely scrambled as there are MANY new drastic legendary effects including but not limited to: immunity to particular elements, reduction of cooldowns, on hit/dodge/block effects, etc. That new meta will take a long time to settle once RoS is released.

:O

DH OP!
Reply Quote
Well Chuck... doesn't look like you'll need to fear monk as much now with 0 cd sss gone in latest patch :)
Reply Quote
Wow I didn't know you guys were still around haha.
Reply Quote
hmm.. perhaps I'm not seeing it correctly Iria - can you elaborate how you would get 20-30 sec of smokescreen? won't the discipline cost hinder you from doing that?
Reply Quote
03/01/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Limit
hmm.. perhaps I'm not seeing it correctly Iria - can you elaborate how you would get 20-30 sec of smokescreen? won't the discipline cost hinder you from doing that?

20 seconds of smokescreen is about 13 uses of the skill. With Perfectionist, 50/50 Paragon points, and say -10% cost from gear to total discipline cost -27.1%. Now Smokescreen is 10.206 discipline per cast. Next, if the user has 90 maximum discipline and uses Preparation - Focused Mind (45), that is enough to cast the skill 15 times (13 times plus 2 more times with the base 1 disc/sec gained during those 20 seconds).
Reply Quote
you're right, man, i forgot about the -cost effects. How the hell is anyone going to counter this.
Reply Quote
DH is way too strong, smoke screen will continue to %%!@**@* people till they change it's mechanics (like you will come out of invisibility if you do dmg, for example)
Reply Quote
DH is seeming to be more and more OP as time goes on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]