Diablo® III

What's the best class for PVP in RoS?

03/01/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Limit
hmm.. perhaps I'm not seeing it correctly Iria - can you elaborate how you would get 20-30 sec of smokescreen? won't the discipline cost hinder you from doing that?

20 seconds of smokescreen is about 13 uses of the skill. With Perfectionist, 50/50 Paragon points, and say -10% cost from gear to total discipline cost -27.1%. Now Smokescreen is 10.206 discipline per cast. Next, if the user has 90 maximum discipline and uses Preparation - Focused Mind (45), that is enough to cast the skill 15 times (13 times plus 2 more times with the base 1 disc/sec gained during those 20 seconds).

I'm pretty sure Paragon points can be used to boost maximum Hatred, not Discipline.
Do you think DH is going to be on top of the food chain anyway?

EDIT: I just realized you probably mean 50 points in Cost reduction. I guess one can have + 60 Discipline with gear
Edited by RickRolled#2164 on 3/13/2014 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
At this point, I strongly feel DH is ridiculously strong to all classes. We will see in RoS if the balance is shifted again, but I predict DH will continue to dominate.
Reply Quote
how u think the rest of the classes would rank iria?
Reply Quote
With Blackfeather DH becomes totally OP!
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Iria
At this point, I strongly feel DH is ridiculously strong to all classes. We will see in RoS if the balance is shifted again, but I predict DH will continue to dominate.

DH strong :D
Reply Quote
Demon Hunters are the strongest PvP class in the game.

With skills like "Smoke Screen" they have the best survivability in the game and insane damage, sentries, pets, and mobility to add to that. How good is smoke screen? I actually play a barb. I crafted a special set to pvp and mixed in some Blackthorne legendary set pieces to further reduce damage taken from players (Elites). I have the highest resist gems possible and have resist on all my gear. I can reach over 1 million health, I have over 50% block, I have incredible passives that reduce my damage further things like Superstition to reduce non physical damage by 20%, Nerves Of Steel to further increase my armor, and even passives like Relentless which reduce damage taken by 50% once my life drops below 35%. I even have other skills to reduce damage taken like "Ignore Pain" and "Wrath Of The Berserker". Guess what? All my active skills, passives, gear, gems, blocking, life per second, and such are nothing compared to the damage mitigation provided by one skill on the demon hunter. One button called "Smoke Screen" has better mitigation than all my gear, skills, and passives combined. "Smoke Screen" is not just a game breaker, it's an "I Win" button.
Edited by Jayofteror#1928 on 6/2/2014 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/02/2014 05:22 PMPosted by Jayofteror
Demon Hunters are the strongest PvP class in the game.

With skills like "Smoke Screen" they have the best survivability in the game and insane damage, sentries, pets, and mobility to add to that. How good is smoke screen? I actually play a barb. I crafted a special set to pvp and mixed in some Blackthorne legendary set pieces to further reduce damage taken from players (Elites). I have the highest resist gems possible and have resist on all my gear. I can reach over 1 million health, I have over 50% block, I have incredible passives that reduce my damage further things like Superstition to reduce non physical damage by 20%, Nerves Of Steel to further increase my armor, and even passives like Relentless which reduce damage taken by 50% once my life drops below 35%. I even have other skills to reduce damage taken like "Ignore Pain" and "Wrath Of The Berserker". Guess what? All my active skills, passives, gear, gems, blocking, life per second, and such are nothing compared to the damage mitigation provided by one skill on the demon hunter. One button called "Smoke Screen" has better mitigation than all my gear, skills, and passives combined. "Smoke Screen" is not just a game breaker, it's an "I Win" button.

Smokescreen is the best defensive mechanism in the game; only Serenity could match it if a Monk could hit 80% CDR. That said, Smokescreen alone isn't the "I win" button. It's more of the "I can't lose" button if you have infinite discipline with legacy Natalya's set. Most players with such absurd defensive builds tend to stalemate each other so no one wins.

What makes the DH really powerful is their ability to inflict massive damage from a long range very quickly; quicker than most players can react to. I think only WD can stand up to DH, but not if the DH uses a full burst spec.
Reply Quote
This thread is pointless as there's really no such thing as PVP in ROS. Well I guess you can call brawling as pvp but to me it's just a way to mess around when you're bored with rift/bounty. There are certain skills and items that are way too powerful to be used in pvp and this is the main reason Blizzard scrapped it.
Reply Quote
DH, WD, WIZ
Reply Quote
06/08/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Valor
DH, WD, WIZ

Demon Hunter > Witch Doctor > Wizard

As for Monk, Baba, and Crusader, I don't know where they stand among the other classes. But I do know that Demon Hunters rule the scorched chapel at the moment. That kind of one-sided dominance is bad for the PVP community. Even though I am a DH, I hope that balances come to allow all of the classes to have a chance.
Reply Quote
Monks probably just moved up on the pecking order now with patch 2.0.6. I still feel DH will have the upper hand, but the Monk's telefragging power now is silly!

Dashing strike for 3000% damage; WHAT? lol (and they can store 3 charges of that for 9000% in about 1 second)

Also, WD are now more deadly with Locust Swarm and Haunt damage being buffed further (due to a bug fix).

I would rank: DH > Monk > WD now for the top 3.
Reply Quote
One word Haunt
Reply Quote
View profile
anyone played a good 6set pvp monk yet?

haunt isnt what it used to be since every class now has a short cd spell that removes it and the ability to stack cdr for that removal
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Iria

Hey Iria you got any good pvp strats for DH? I'm just gearing her up and I'm beginning to piece together all the pieces.
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Cman
Hey Iria you got any good pvp strats for DH? I'm just gearing her up and I'm beginning to piece together all the pieces.

Ah, so that is why you added me in game. There are a lot of replies in your DH thread, but the idea is the same, it depends on what you want. Do you want:

A) To beat your opponents with zero chance of loss using all the exploits and cheese present in brawling?

B) To play your opponents on a reasonable footing requiring player skill and a potential you may lose but without using cheap tactics.
Reply Quote
Looking for option A). If 50 mil toughness WD' don't feel bad cheesing me, should feel bad cheesing them.
Reply Quote
then don't feel bad if the wd trolls you back with 140m afk toughness, should you decide to use immunity amulets lol
Reply Quote
After more testing I would rank Monk as #1. Stacking Cool Down Reduction can give give you almost infinite Serenity making monks indestructible. I would rank Demon Hunter as #2. You will notice a theme here and that is defensive skills that can be abused. Smoke Screen with Lingering Fog rune makes the Demon Hunter a serious problem to deal with. The only reason I put them behind the Monk is because Smoke Screen last only 2 seconds. Wth input delay and server delay even a perfect smoke screen can lag leaving demon hunters vulnerable for a second or two. That's enough time to kill them if you have good damage. I would rank Crusader #3. They have passives and runes that give them extra lives. Than they have that wonderful horse that gives them plenty of time to reset the fight and reset cool downs. Crusaders are just a hand full to deal with defensively and they deal a ton of damage with the shot gun build. Probably some of the best burst in the game.These are my top 3 choices for PvP at the moment.
Edited by Jayofteror#1928 on 7/15/2014 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A monk that simply stacks all sources of cdr (74.9%) will A:) Be vulnerable every 20 seconds for 2 seconds with ascension. B:) Deal no actual DPS. C:) Be easy to KO.

A dh with smokescreen and nats set will be A:) Only be vulnerable do to user error and input latency (spamming the button) B:) Deal no actual DPS but higher then the monk. (CDR isn't as needed which allows more room for dps) C:) Be easy to KO.

In other words both of these builds are real easy to beat, and not competitive outside of a public FFA. I think the misconception is both of those builds above will destroy someone bringing a PvE build to PvP. The lack of dps that exists between the two becomes a non factor.

I also think dh is fourth, and monk, witch doctor and crusader are all tied. Monk has a hard time with crusader. Crusader has a hard time with witch doctor. Witch doctor has a hard time with monk. Dh has a hard time with all three. Wizard has a hard time with everyone but Barb.
Reply Quote
I would rank

WD #1 - just because it can easily stale a cdr monk but beats the rest.

DH #2 - with string of ears + stormshield, it will beat a monk with burst dps eventually during seconds of vulnerability. No need for perma smoke cheese. Sentries also wrecks crusaders since reflect doesn't work vs a specific type. DH will only lose to WDs with one specific gear set up.

Monk/Crusaders #3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]