Diablo® III

Diablo 3 on the console. Questions. Need Help please!

So am currently undecided if I should get the game on the console or pre-order RoS for the PC.

I have a few questions regarding this.

So regarding multiplayer, its pretty straight forward on the PC. You toggle on Public Game or whatever or join a group. Does it work similarly for the console?

I came across this in the console FAQ section.

Q: How does multiplayer work locally?
A: Up to 4 players can play on the same screen, however they cannot leave the same screen. If some players run ahead or in different directions, the camera will zoom out to accommodate everyone on the screen, but only up to a point. Once that point is reached, players who are left behind will either be forced to move (they kind of get dragged along the edge of the screen) or they will be teleported to the group automatically.

Are those limitations only for co-op when you have 4 players playing in the same room or is it when playing online as well?

I would find that very annoying if I have to attend to something and a few run ahead and the screen zooms out or I get dragged along the edge of the screen. Does it work like the way it currently works on the PC?
Edited by Wulfharth#1319 on 2/4/2014 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/04/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Wulfharth
Q: How does multiplayer work locally?
A: Up to 4 players can play on the same screen, however they cannot leave the same screen. If some players run ahead or in different directions, the camera will zoom out to accommodate everyone on the screen, but only up to a point. Once that point is reached, players who are left behind will either be forced to move (they kind of get dragged along the edge of the screen) or they will be teleported to the group automatically.

Are those limitations only for co-op when you have 4 players playing in the same room or is it when playing online as well?

Console players are only tethered to the same screen in local co-op. Online multiplayer works more like PC, where everyone is free to go their separate ways as needed.

So am currently undecided if I should get the game on the console or pre-order RoS for the PC.

Cool! I really enjoy the console game, but there are some distinct differences. Are you thinking of pre-ordering the Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4?

As a side note, I'm going to move this thread to the console forums since it's more appropriate in that area.
Reply Quote
How come you guys redirected this?: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11632823180

Grimiku, please hire me. I will do great things as your Forum Agent! I will work for free! :D

Are you thinking of pre-ordering the Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4?

I am also highly skilled at marketing and advertising!
Reply Quote
Edited by NewbZilla#1162 on 2/20/2014 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why is there no xpac for Xbox. Are we just supposed to sit back and watch play station users suck up all the fun when Xbox is widely more popular than play station. Please explain the idiocy behind this.
Reply Quote

Neither. BoA ruined this game

Nearly everything about D3 is taking a step back from its predecessor D2. I meen seriously, why would you take away the function of allowing us to name games? I meen, instead of removing it, add onto it instead. Give us smart filters, and the ability to set how many games at one time we can see.

But you guys decided to take that feature away and give us BoA. Absurd.

02/05/2014 11:01 AMPosted by OTF300
Why is there no xpac for Xbox. Are we just supposed to sit back and watch play station users suck up all the fun when Xbox is widely more popular than play station. Please explain the idiocy behind this.

Sorry I owned an Xbox, and that thing ate more cd's then it played. I'm no fanboy of sony, don't get me wrong, but Xbox is a trashy system and thats sad, cause i like alot of the games X's has.
Edited by Urgle#1622 on 2/5/2014 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]