Diablo® III

To Break the Ice, or Roll the Stone?

Ok, so "roll the stone" is not a good idiom for beginning that has to do with arcane.... But too bad, I could think of nothing else.

Basically, I am trying to create my 60-70 build. I think there is some evidence that channeling will be powerful options as long as LS exists. Thus, I'm torn between sleet storm and cascade.

Sleet storm..................cascade
Frozen storm...............pinpoint barrier
Icicle............................cannoneer
Deflection ...................deflection
Bone chill.....................event horizon
Stark Winter.................????

Cold blooded................temporal flux
Blur...>audacity.............blur...>audacity
Astral presence.............Astral presence

I'm looking for arguments for and against each option. Feel free to include arguments for other builds. I'm not looking for subjective arguments: "do what you feel like/ what's fun", I'm looking for maths and sciences.

Basically, let's compile lists of likely-efficient 60-70 builds so we can get to 70 ASAP!

-E
Reply Quote
First of all, this is one of the builds I'll most likely play at lvl 70;

Disintegrate/Intensify (15% increased arcane damage on foes is great)
Hydra/Arcane (will try to get my hands on Serpent Sparker)

WoF/Impactful Wave
Familiar/Cannoneer
MW/Deflection
EA/Pinpoint

Glass Cannon
Unwavering Will
Temporal Flux
Astral Presence

As for your builds;

Sleet Storm build would be better of with Storm Armor. There is a rune for SA that reduces AP cost of spells, so you can drop Astral Presence for Unwavering Will for a nice EHP/DPS boost. I also think that familiar might be a little out of place in an AoE build such as this. Maybe you should consider Time Slow or Explosive Blast (I prefer the former).

Your arcane build seems fine although I prefer Disintegrate because of better AoE. For your last spell you should consider either Teleport or Impactful Wave. The latter has only 5 sec CD, does decent damage and knocks back foes, not to mention it works great in tandem with Temporal Flux making it a great CC tool. Since you will kite a lot you should also consider Hydra. It's a fire-and-forget spell which will DPS/slow foes for you, therefore make kiting easier.

Cheers,
Roadie

EDIT: I know you're expecting mathematical explanation behind each of my arguments, but it's late here and I'm too tired to crunch numbers for you. I hope this info helps nonetheless...
Edited by Roadkill87#1641 on 2/4/2014 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why limit your self?
Reply Quote
Elaborate?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]