Diablo® III

[New Datamine] Barbarian nerfed again?

Serously, I don't understand what's happening. The only good thing from these changes is that the class received a couple of synergies through the 'elementalization' of a couple of skills. Actually, that might be a bad thing for a barbarian that wanted to stack the % physical damage affix...

Passives:
○ Animosity Increase all Fury generation by 20% (down from 30%).
○ Brawler As long as there are 3 enemies within 12 yards (up from 8), all of your damage is increased by 20%.
○ Earthen Might Gain 40 Fury (down from 50) when activating Avalanche or Earthquake.
○ Sword and Board Blocking an attack generates 6 Fury (down from 20).

Skills:
○ Bash
- Instigation : Increase Fury generated to 9. / Bash's damage turns into Fire.
- Pulverize : Each hit causes a shockwave that deals 60% weapon damage as Fire to enemies in a 26 yard line behind the primary enemy.

○ Cleave
- Broad Sweep : Increase damage to 230% weapon damage as Lightning.
- Reaping Swing : Generate 2 additional Fury per enemy hit. / Cleave's damage turns into Fire.
- Rupture : Enemies slain by Cleave explode, causing 160% weapon damage as Fire to all other enemies within 8 yards.

○ Frenzy
- Maniac : Each Frenzy effect also increases your damage by 2.5%. / Frenzy's damage turns into Fire.

○ Weapon Throw
- Mighty Throw : Increase thrown weapon damage to 200% weapon damage as Lightning.
- Ricochet : The weapon ricochets to 3 enemies within 15 yards of each other. / Weapon Throw's damage turns into Fire.
- Balanced Weapon : Increase Fury generated to 9. / Weapon Throw's damage turns into Fire.

○ Hammer of the Ancients
- Smash : Smash for 680% weapon damage as Fire.
- The Devil's Anvil : Each hit creates a tremor at the point of impact for 2 seconds that Slows the movement speed of enemies by 80%. / Hammer of the Ancients's damage turns into Cold.
- Thunderstrike : When you kill an enemy with Hammer of the Ancients, other enemies within 10 yards are Stunned for 2 seconds. / Hammer of the Ancients turns into Lightning damage.

○ Seismic Slam
- Shattered Ground : Increase damage to 710% weapon damage andas Fire and changes the knock up to a 5 yard Knockback.
- Stagger : Each hit has has a 80% chance of Stunning enemies for 1 second. / Seismic Slam's damage turns into Lightning.
- Permafrost (replaced Cracking Rift) : Create a sheet of frost that deals 710% weapon damage toas Cold and Slows enemies by 60% for 2 seconds.

○ Whirlwind
- Wind Shear : Gain 1 Fury for every enemy struck. / Whirlwind's damage turns into Lightning.

○Ancient Spear Cost: 25 Fury (up from 15) / Throw a spear that pierces enemies and deals 480% weapon damage (up from 350%).
- Harpoon : Add a chain to the spear to drag all enemies hit back to you and Slow them by 60% for 1 second.
- Jagged Edge : Increase the damage to 620% weapon damage as Fire (up from 435%).
- Ranseur : Enemies hit are knocked back 5 yards.
- Rage Flip : Add a chain to the spear to throw all enemies hit behind you and Slow them by 60% for 1 second.

○ Revenge
- Retribution : Increase damage to 480% weapon damage as Fire.
- Grudge : Knockback enemies 24 yards when using Revenge. / Revenge's damage turns into Lightning.

○ Overpower
- Killing Spree : Your Critical Hit Chance is increased by 8% for 5 seconds. / Overpower's damage turns into Lightning.
- Revel : Increase damage to 760% weapon damage as Fire.

○ Furious Charge
- Battering Ram : Increase the damage to 760% weapon damage as Fire.

○ Ignore Pain
- Bravado : Breaks the effects of Stun, Fear, Immobilize, and Slow.

○ Battle Rage
- Swords to Ploughshares : Critical Hits have up to a 8% chance (down from 15%) to cause enemies to drop additional health globes.

○ Earthquake
- The Mountain's Call : Remove the Fury cost and reduce the cooldown to 45 seconds. / Earthquake's damage turns into Lightning.

○ Call of the Ancients
- The Council Rises : The Ancients deal 360% weapon damage as Fire with each attack.
- Together as One : 50% of all damage dealt to you is instead divided evenly between the Ancients. / The Ancients's damage turns into Lightning.

○ Avalanche
- Glacier : Giant blocks of ice hit enemies for 1600% weapon damage andas Cold and Freeze them.
- Snow-Capped Mountain : Cave-in from both sides pushes enemies together, dealing 1700% weapon damage (up from 1600%) as Cold and Slowing them by 60% for 23 seconds.
- Volcano : Chunks of molten lava are randomly launched at nearby enemies, dealing 4400% weapon damage (up from 3000%) as Fire over 5 seconds.

Unsure what happened to these. Might have received new wording or scaling.
- Threatening Shout Reducing damage done by enemies within 25 yards by -20% for 15 seconds.
- Ground Stomp Shake the ground to inflict 1% weapon damage to all enemies within 14 yards and Stun them for 4 seconds.
- Sprint Improves movement speed to 130% for 3 seconds.
- Rend Strike all enemies within 12 yards, dealing 185% weapon damage every second for 5 seconds.
- War Cry Armor is increased to 20%.

Source: diablofans.com

Discuss, fellow barbarians.
Reply Quote
So it appears that we will want fire/lightning bonuses now. I was actually thinking of using some physical bonuses in the PTR recently, so nevermind that now.

They seem pretty determined to make us have a difficult time generating fury though. I wonder what has been going on in beta that called for those changes.
Reply Quote
02/06/2014 03:45 PMPosted by Takkonen
So it appears that we will want fire/lightning bonuses now. I was actually thinking of using some physical bonuses in the PTR recently, so nevermind that now.

They seem pretty determined to make us have a difficult time generating fury though. I wonder what has been going on in beta that called for those changes.

People absolutely refusing to use a fury gen on principle probably hasn't helped lol.
Edited by ladish#1983 on 2/6/2014 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
"○ Sword and Board Blocking an attack generates 6 Fury (down from 20)."

They nerf my shield barb again...

T_T
Reply Quote
View profile
This is Blizz's "B" team. Don't expect much.
Reply Quote
02/06/2014 03:53 PMPosted by ladish
People absolutely refusing to use a fury gen on principle probably hasn't helped lol.
People refuse to use a primary fury generator because they're lackluster.

Good solution: buffing primaries (like Monk spirit generators).
Implemented solution: nerfing what works.

And they won't go back on how they totally butchered WW - Hurricane with last patch.
Reply Quote
On the surface I am disappointed to the nerfs to animosity as well as the Templar's resource boost (lost 20% all-in). Seems like the fury generating issue is back...

Would try the PTR later to test.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
rip in peace sword and board + boulder
Reply Quote
There are actually more changes than I posted but nothing too big.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12826715/new-patch-for-201-ptr-and-closed-beta-now-available-2-6-2014

But yea...running no generators will probably no longer be possible, unless the barbarian somehow stacks %Resource Cost Reduction (and maybe legacy HotA gear). Hopefully barbarian players provide a good feedback from the changes and they are adjusted because I can't seem to enjoy any of them...

Animosity returning to Live values along with the Templar 'adjustment' resulted in a 14% reduction in my PTR's fury generation.

Also, Swords to Ploughshares took a hit, which makes the legendaries with 'resource on health globes' less attractive too. Pretty huge hit too: 47%.

Then there's the Ancient Spear change, which resulted in a 18% reduction in the % Damage per point of Fury Spent (15% for Jagged Edge).

Finally, for RoS we have direct hits on the fury management passives too:
20% hit on Earthen Might (a 31% hit comparing old and new Animosity + Templar)
70% on Sword and Board (a 74% hit comparing old and new Animosity + Templar)

But hey! On the bright side Cindercoat is now an attractive armor for HotA/Seismic Slam builds. The Frostbourne? Gauntlets I'm not so sure though, Devil's Anvil has a pretty bad proc coef...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]