Diablo® III

[Review] - Monk RoS datamined changes 2/6/14

From the official PTR notes:

Staff of Kyro
Now rolls with 7-10% Attack Speed and 40-50% increased Deadly Reach damage

I played with the double ranged version a few patches ago, and wasn't impressed... but FIFTY % more damage is pretty awesome on paper.

Unity's new legendary affix - “All damage taken is split between wearers of this item.” is great design too!
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 03:26 AMPosted by Fitz
Where are the user ignore functions on this site?

Click on the down arrow right next to a players name. This will open up a menu that has a button to the right labeled ignore. :) Useful little button.
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 03:52 AMPosted by Relentless
Click on the down arrow right next to a players name. This will open up a menu that has a button to the right labeled ignore. :) Useful little button.

Image for reference/extraslow! http://i.imgur.com/AFnk9Mj.png

Blizzard forums are pretty featureless, but so many folks can't even figure out the few they have so I guess it's all good ^_^
Reply Quote
I have noticed an increased in monk attack speed. but DPS number being lower (yes i am aware of some item changes, but all item stats are the same for me). I am still trying to find out exactly what they have done to monk, but I am glad to inform the monk is hitting faster and what it's meant to be. Surprised that my wishes came true again :)
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 05:05 AMPosted by INVIS
I have noticed an increased in monk attack speed. but DPS number being lower (yes i am aware of some item changes, but all item stats are the same for me). I am still trying to find out exactly what they have done to monk, but I am glad to inform the monk is hitting faster and what it's meant to be. Surprised that my wishes came true again :)

Paragon points in IAS actually increase "attacks per second" now like EF/sledge instead of the normal affix which may be what you're feeling.
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Davlok

Paragon points in IAS actually increase "attacks per second" now like EF/sledge instead of the normal affix which may be what you're feeling.

ya, thanks for the confirmation, i just noticed it too due to this reason. Better late than never :)
Reply Quote

Hm.
I think it would be cool, if skill-bonuses for (monk-)primaries don't raise the dmg but the APS of them...for example:
Instead of "FoT does 14% more dmg", "FoT has an 14% increased attackspeed".

That would solve the ias-issue imo.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
02/06/2014 07:44 PMPosted by Davlok
What's the point of analyzing possibly misinterpreted datamined info when they are providing actual patch notes and PTR server to verify/test?

When I posted this, there were no official patch notes and I had no way of knowing that they would be released later in the day.

The point was to provide information... Why would you not assume this?

My only real concern regarding this is the seeming lack of foresight on the part of the dev team. They had to realize that their effective nerf to equal level gear (Vanilla vs RoS) would cause this issue. Why did they wait so long to address it?

Are Vanilla ammys still BiS?

I don't think Blizz looks at the Beta the way a lot of players do. It's simply a sandbox for them. They just tweak w/e they want whenever they want because they are just testing stuff.

This is one more thing they needed to fix and just did ... the timing isn't as important I believe.

Are Vanilla ammys still BiS?

No.

Edit:
02/07/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Davlok

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I pray this isn't a bug!

Edit2:
02/07/2014 05:40 AMPosted by Volun
Hm.
I think it would be cool, if skill-bonuses for (monk-)primaries don't raise the dmg but the APS of them...for example:
Instead of "FoT does 14% more dmg", "FoT has an 14% increased attackspeed".

That would solve the ias-issue imo.

VERY cool idea!

Doubt it would be implementable before release ... but definitely something worth bringing up! :D
Edited by Druin#1518 on 2/7/2014 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Druin
VERY cool idea!

Doubt it would be implementable before release ... but definitely something worth bringing up! :D

It's not even OP because of LoH since they nerfed the ProccCs to hell... xD

02/07/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Druin
This is one more thing they needed to fix and just did ... the timing isn't as important I believe.

Some might say Blizz wanted to grab the last chance to make cash with the AH...^^
But this is something that flame-kiddies in the general forums can talk about.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
02/07/2014 01:08 PMPosted by Volun
Some might say Blizz wanted to grab the last chance to make cash with the AH...^^
But this is something that flame-kiddies in the general forums can talk about.

I have no control over the general forums or the RoS feedback forums but I won't tolerate this shenanigans in my monk forums. :P

They might have been doing it because they think this timing is best to attract Aliens to planet earth. However that is about as plausible as them caring at all about RMAH profits vs the profits they stand to make if their expansion release goes better.

Conspiracy theories, while sometimes fun to discuss, are inherently non-constructive so let's leave them at the door! :D

<3
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 05:40 AMPosted by Volun
Instead of "FoT does 14% more dmg", "FoT has an 14% increased attackspeed"

It kinda becomes "You do X% more damage across the board when FoT is your generator", though. More Cyclones if you're using SW, more Spirit generated so you do more damage from Spirit Spenders, etc.

I actually like the concept of bonuses like "40-50% increased Deadly Reach damage", where the generators can be made to become competitive with spenders and actually change the way you play rather than just making you play the same way but faster. So I wouldn't think that should be the default way bonuses to Spirit Generators is applied.

I do hear that the game is ungodly slow though, and I'm all for variety. So I'd love to see all different modifiers, for any of the numerical values for generators:

"50% increased Deadly Reach damage"
"+10% attack speed with Way of the Hundred Fists"
"Fists of Thunder generates twice as much Spirit"
"Double Crippling Wave's range"
etc.

Te be honest though, even those are a little bland. I really want to see things beyond simple numerical changes. But at least with the pure numerical changes, I want to see variety.
Reply Quote
This is what is sad with today's game developers. I don't blame in the internet. Back in the stone age, games had to be completed and shipped with close to 0 bugs because there was no way to patch things and they were forced to come out with a finished complete product. As the internet revolution came in, they realized that content could be patched with the help of the internet and so begins the trend of shipping unpolished product and patch it later..

I can say 'why do i have to go through this yet again' but in all honesty i love this game and i will put up with it but I was hoping RoS would've been a much more complete product. Reading up, yep its sad to see FoT go on this expac... I was hoping some buffed on the less used FoT skills but hey, win some lose some. And if APS is based on EF/Sludge, I think i'll give PTR a go and spend some p-points on AS. Hopefully it'll be a positive result. I haven't tried PTR as much but I'd love to see some ppl put out new interesting builds and post their results. Wish i had more time to play but being a daddy of 2 *sigh*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]