Diablo® III

ZDps monk LF critique from ZDPS pros

Hey all... Over the last 2ish weeks I have scoured the AH looking for items for my Zdps build. So far How Am I doing? I have my Shield equipped atm on my toon but I also have a IAS OS 856 LOH Dagger and a OS Bonesaber in my bags.

My gloves/Amulet I would REALLY like to swap out to vit ones with similar stats on them but I am not sure if I should even waste time on it or not

Also is there a way to macro swapping out gear so I can swap back and forth mid battle shield for wep and my pants from my Mega HP pants to MS pants inbetween packs?
Reply Quote
Just got EXTREMELY luck and had my Amulet that is now equipped drop for me in a crypts run..... Now just Gloves to go I think and im super set?
Reply Quote
I don't consider myself a pro but I'll give you my 2 cents. Since you found that big vit ammy I would consider trying to add some AS instead of a vit BoA glove. Take a look at Tal Chest or Mempo. You could keep the 2 set Immortal for the extra AR and swap out either the chest or helm since I don't think the 3 set immortal bonus is helping that much and more AR is almost always better for ZDS.

I noticed you didn't have overawe in your build and was wondering why. Looks like you had BoH spirit gen rune in it's place. I would go with EP-SS instead and keep overawe.
Reply Quote
Your monk can definitely do the job, but he can perform much better too.

1. Too much emphasis on hp than on mitigation. This means LoH gained are not as significant.

2. Skill set that indicates insufficient spirit regeneration, which in turns affects your maximum potential (no MoC:OA is quite a big thing)

Need more CC, preferably on amulet and bracers. (Nice mempo though)

3. If you really intend to upgrade your gloves, I'll suggest you craft a vitality one instead of purchasing one.

Suggest you look at the thread below for more information.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9485558737
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Spyky
Your monk can definitely do the job, but he can perform much better too.

1. Too much emphasis on hp than on mitigation. This means LoH gained are not as significant.

2. Skill set that indicates insufficient spirit regeneration, which in turns affects your maximum potential (no MoC:OA is quite a big thing)

Need more CC, preferably on amulet and bracers. (Nice mempo though)

3. If you really intend to upgrade your gloves, I'll suggest you craft a vitality one instead of purchasing one.

Suggest you look at the thread below for more information.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9485558737

I second all Spyky suggested.

Grab Mantra of Conviction Overawe. Pulsed it is almost 50% more dmg. It makes your palms do that much more, too. A travesty to not run in a group!

Get rid of Breath of Heaven. Use Mantra of Healing to trigger Guiding Light (it triggers GL when you activate it, then you should override it with Overawe).

I'm sure what you have works, but you are about 1/3 to 1/2 the potential spirit generation with low CC and a shield. Your LOH OS IAS dagger may be a better choice than your Bonesaber given your low LOH.

Unless you are in hardcore (?), there shouldn't be a need for more than around 80k life. Take the extra vit affixes and stack mitigation, IAS, and crit chance instead.
Reply Quote
Just look at my beast zds monk for reference. =P

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RiZzoy-1855/hero/37015430
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]