Diablo® III

Starting over in RoS

I plan on retiring Gemah (main barb) when RoS drops and re-leveling from the ground up. I just feel like it will be a more rewarding experience and probably a LOT more fun.

Am I the only fool doing this or are there others?

Just a curious question...no judgement shall be passed on ye barbarians who choose the easy way out. ;0P
Reply Quote
I will do that but only on HC mode. You are welcome to join me, babe. :D
Reply Quote
#LegitHaftcore
Reply Quote
lol shaman bro we cant keep your toons alive
hit me up tonight to try again I have started a new dh on there
Reply Quote
Pri,

I bet your find yourself trying to get power leveled before you hit lvl 40. LOL.

Good luck and enjoy.

Cheers,
KingJ
Reply Quote
Already started over on hc solo self found. Actually reminded me of when the game used to be hard. Based on the short time I played ptr hc it will be faceroll easy for barb with life gen.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 01:13 PMPosted by KingJ
Pri,

I bet your find yourself trying to get power leveled before you hit lvl 40. LOL.

Much self-restraint I have. The force strong with this one is.

=]
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 12:59 PMPosted by SaintCoultz
lol shaman bro we cant keep your toons alive
hit me up tonight to try again I have started a new dh on there

Nice, bro, that day i tried to get my DH to level 15, i think i can do it in 1.5-2 hours, but the problem was the 3 times i tried i died at lvl 12 because of disconnect, lol. It is not good lately. Anyway i will try to get it to lvl 15, then if you only give me waypoints i should do fine.
Reply Quote
I have limited experience on the ptr but found it enjoyable to run around leveling from the beginning.

You get to learn the newly redone skills as they become available and it's not like we will have to jump out of game to hit the AH to re gear as we level.

I'll probably start new characters myself
Reply Quote
Yeah man, the more I have been thinking about it, the more I have been thinking it will be better to just start from scratch. I have leveled a few classes from scratch on the PTR and it was actually pretty fun, even with the limitations that are currently present.

Lately, I've been playing my barb with my IK5 set and all my current vanilla gear and it has become pretty boring doing it this way because it is so difficult to find upgrades. Yes, this is disappointing as we shouldn't be having this dilemma, seeing as the whole point is to revitalize our experience with game changing gear (or so we've been told). Seeing as we don't have access to level 70 gear in PTR, there really isn't a way to easily replace the stuff we currently have.

So, seeing as this is the case, I decided to use one of my other barbs and just use items I have found in PTR. Needless to say, it is much more fun. Even though the gear I'm wearing isn't very good compared to my vanilla gear, I can get used to how I want to run once RoS hits. I initially planned to take my IK5 set, and what my barb Thraxis is wearing right now, into RoS as I have sold almost all my best gear now, but I think I'm just gonna sell everything and go in fresh

It's been mentioned by a few others that this is more a new game, rather than an expansion, which I tend to agree with. So, even though I was a bit reluctant at first, I think this is the best course of action for me.
Reply Quote
I don't know... I will probably reroll for the fun of it but all this does is give you a day or two of facerolling in torment with a hellfire ring before you hit 60 and then you're basically back to your old barb.
Reply Quote
Maybe I'll do the same. If the game is a complete reset which its looking to be, I might as well. I don't think it'll frankly make much of a difference. I think 2 years of progress in vanilla will equal 1-2 weeks in RoS.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 10:14 AMPosted by silverfire
Maybe I'll do the same. If the game is a complete reset which its looking to be, I might as well. I don't think it'll frankly make much of a difference. I think 2 years of progress in vanilla will equal 1-2 weeks in RoS.

Yeah Silver this is basically the conclusion I came to.

It was great min/maxing my current build to where I have it now...but RoS is a very different game and trying to squeeze 4/2 itemization into a 6-filled barb feels like it will be more of a chore than interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]