Diablo® III

Returning Monk Unsure of How to Prep for RoS

So I'm back into the game after a 7-month hiatus, and I'm looking to prepare as best as possible for RoS.

I have around 8m to my name right now so I'm pretty much dirt poor, without any real direction as far as how I should upgrade my gear (or if I should even spend much gold on gear upgrades at this stage).

It sounds like even people with top end gear going into RoS beta seem to upgrade everything they have by the time they hit lv70, so is it worth expending a lot of gold to bump my gear up now?

Should I be saving gold instead? Crafting/Mystic is going to be very pricey so having a bank of gold to draw from might be hugely helpful there.

The only thing I'm pretty sure I ought to be doing is farming Paragon levels, since that'll carry over and make a fair difference with the ability to focus my points into major stat areas.

I'd appreciate any advice my fellow monks could provide here, since I'm pretty out of my depth and haven't kept up with all the changes since I left.
Edited by AlphaMagnum#1559 on 2/7/2014 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 09:25 AMPosted by AlphaMagnum
The only thing I'm pretty sure I ought to be doing is farming Paragon levels, since that'll carry over and make a fair difference with the ability to focus my points into major stat areas.

Pretty much only guaranteed thing you can do.
Reply Quote
Just play the game and have fun :) Paragon leveling definitely is beneficial. Other than that I wouldn't worry too much about prepping anything else.
Reply Quote
Don't sweat purchasing gear at this point as only fairly elite gear and better will enjoy much longevity while leveling in RoS. I'd focus on 1) p lvls and 2) saving gold and crafting mats, such as brimmies. Crafting and enchanting will be pricey, and getting to paragon 200 will be a major help for everyone, ensuring we have the max (basic) points to allocate in the 4 stat categories once RoS starts. IMHO, find the spec and MP lvl you can comfortably farm, and then crank out those paragon lvls in groups for max efficiency. =)
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Relentless
Just play the game and have fun :)

best advice ever =)
Reply Quote
Haha will do.

I kind of got bored last summer, but for some reason the game is fun again. Maybe because I'm running Act III instead of those horrific Act II Archives of Zoltan Kulle runs.

I remember release, and being on the bleeding edge until Act II Inferno, at which point my progress promptly stalled until they nerfed everything. I'd love to get back into things with RoS, though it looks like I'll probably be starting behind all the people with multiple P100 toons. Hopefully I can shorten the gap over the next month!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]