Diablo® III

beta-avatar.jpg part 2

Please implement forum avatars for D3 users.

Does not make sense SC and WoW gets forum avatars if you purchase a D3 Collector's Edition. I'm forced to buy SC in order to use the ones given to me in my CE.

Last thread made 25 pages and got deleted. Let's do it again.
Reply Quote
Soon™
Reply Quote
+1 for proper forum features. Blizzard's crowing about how this game's a 15M seller; how many copies does it have to sell before we start seeing the same kind of care and attention that SC2 gets? This is a real sore point with your Diablo customers, Blizzard, and deleting these threads is not making the issue go away...
Reply Quote
Even though it should have been done awhile ago.. hopefully they'll be implementing it come RoS.

I would be very disappointed if they did not make that effort to do something for the community on the website. People like forums. They like to chat during downtime or whenever they're bored. So why not help your Diablo fans out and give us something to look at rather than the same ol' dumb skull?

D3 CE purchased, RoS CE purchased. Come on, Blizz. Don't fail us.
Edited by Middy#1937 on 2/11/2014 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
We'll have to wait until March 25th to see what the web development team has in store for us. They are going to have to change the profile section for example because Normal-Inferno will no longer apply (if all they do is remove that and add the crusader in the class section, but leave everything else the same, then that should tell us how much of a priority, this game is).

Whether they finally give us actual forum avatars is also going to be telling. If it's not a cash grab method (i.e to try and incentivize players to purchase those other games in order to obtain the ability to use a different avatar here), then I believe we may finally get that ability.

Beyond the avatar, this forum code really is just plain bad. It has continuous cookie issues where it forgets you are logged in especially when posting (where it then eats your post), uses cookies for maintaining ignores, has the inability to re-index posts when someone uses their BattleTag change (all my prior posts before August 2013 are orphaned in their database under my old ID now due to this broken function), quoting issues where it doesn't display the original posters name (even when it is in the tag), inability to link multi-region profiles (like when someone from EU or Asia posts here, it only links to the US profile), multi-lingual support for Asia region profiles where it can be displayed in english (many southeast Asian regions where english is written/spoken default to the Asia server where profiles are available only in Chinese or Korean)... and this list is just the tip of the iceberg.
Reply Quote
That's a pretty good start to the wish list, LordMurasama. +1. I'd also like to see nested replies (like they have on the front page topics), a like/dislike counter, proper hyperlinks, and maybe even the ability to embed Youtube video and pictures.
Reply Quote
Yeah, and if wishes were pigs bacon would be cheap. Dream on.
I expect NOTHING for RoS released. Maybe an updated game guide update with half of the changes missing or so.
They can't even rescale the mask on top of the page properly so it doesn't shift around when clicked.
Reply Quote
they will never give you this, doesn't it seem odd that the only upcoming avatars
affiliated to diablo are going to starcraft ?
Reply Quote
I expect NOTHING for RoS released. Maybe an updated game guide update with half of the changes missing or so.
They can't even rescale the mask on top of the page properly so it doesn't shift around when clicked.

OMG YOURE RIGHT!

thats crazy...
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 12:52 PMPosted by StuRedman

Haha, I thought I was the only one who found that annoying!
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 12:52 PMPosted by StuRedman

On this one, I'll defend Blizzard's honour. What you have happening there is a mix of cached and downloaded elements. Try clearing all the battle.net entries from your browsing history, and then download the page again.
Reply Quote
ill definitely +1 this , change the terrible font colors also
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Waitubold
That's a pretty good start to the wish list, LordMurasama. +1. I'd also like to see nested replies (like they have on the front page topics), a like/dislike counter, proper hyperlinks, and maybe even the ability to embed Youtube video and pictures.

mobile device support would be awesome too!
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Pereg
02/11/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Waitubold

Oh, now that's just crazy talk :)
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Middy
Please implement forum avatars for D3 users.

Does not make sense SC and WoW gets forum avatars if you purchase a D3 Collector's Edition. I'm forced to buy SC in order to use the ones given to me in my CE.

Last thread made 25 pages and got deleted. Let's do it again.

Well...there were some interesting portraits datamined in the last patch :)

/crosses talons.
Reply Quote
Been saying it for a while now...they could simply copy the SC2 portrait system, adapt it to use banner sigils and *BOOM* forum avatars.
Reply Quote
Well, like LordMoruasama said..

With the release of RoS and the additional character, they'll have to revamp the web to add the Crusader. Hopefully we'll see them then.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 04:46 AMPosted by Middy
With the release of RoS and the additional character, they'll have to revamp the web to add the Crusader. Hopefully we'll see them then.

I don't think that updating the Game Guide pages and upgrading the forum are going to be similar enough that they'll feel compelled to do both. Really, they should have revamped the D3 forum when they announced that RoS preorders were starting, or when RoS beta started, or when PTR dropped, or.... Well, let's just say that there have been plenty o' opportunities to do this.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Waitubold
02/11/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Pereg

Oh, now that's just crazy talk :)

LOL!

That's why I left out mobile... because their web development team still seems to be stuck in the pre-mobile era and we don't want them pulling the cart before the horse. Small baby steps! xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]