Diablo® III

Do you need to pre-order for wings or add key b4 31st?

It's just that the actual blog entry on the main page wasn't too clear about this.

It mentions that it's a pre-order bonus but in the article itself it says that if you bought your copy at a retail store you just need to redeem your retail game key before the 31st of March. Is a pre-order even necessary in this case?

It's just that I don't believe it's possible to tell if a version of the game was pre-ordered through the key alone (I could be wrong) only the game edition. If anyone knows the answer I'd be really appreciative.
Edited by SoulSpectre#1328 on 2/24/2014 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Behold! Two epic new bonus items have just been spotted in the mortal realms, both of which will be granted in the future to anyone who pre-purchases the Reaper of Souls™ expansion digitally on Battle.net, or anyone who redeems a Reaper of Souls retail game key on or before March 31, 2014.

Its pretty clear right there. "REDEEM" the game key which means you just need to redeem the key on your account page before the 31st.

How did that confuse you?
Reply Quote
View profile
No. As long as you enter a key by that time. Makes sense to me.
Reply Quote
If you pre-order from Blizz, it shows on your account. Auto wings.

Order it from elsewhere, if it doesnt show up, you get a code.

That seems the Occams solution.
Reply Quote
So you actually don't need to pre-purchase like the article says, you can buy it after the release date but as long as you add your game code before the 31st you get the wings?
Reply Quote
Ah..
While you have six days from the time the expansion launches on March 25 to the time you must enter your code, to be safe, you should secure your preorder today and be ready to input your game key on launch day.

So you don't need to pre-order to get the wings.
Reply Quote
You don't need to pre-order anything.

All you have to do is redeem your D3 CD-Key in your Bnet account before 4/1.

So, buy the game on 3/28 and punch in the code on 3/29 if you want. You'll get your Wings.

They just use "Pre-Order" to get more people to commit to the sale ahead of time.
Edited by Scourge#1319 on 2/24/2014 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nah SoulSpectre, I dont think you will be given a code to redeem if the order is placed after release.

Those 6 days are a probably a window to redeem CE or physical boxes. (mostly cause some retailer's shipments could be delayed due to weather conditions and other reasons)
Edited by ZaPLaS#1243 on 2/24/2014 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 02:05 PMPosted by Augimix
[quote]Behold! Two epic new bonus items have just been spotted in the mortal realms, both of which will be granted in the future to anyone who pre-purchases the Reaper of Souls™ expansion digitally on Battle.net, or anyone who redeems a Reaper of Souls retail game key on or before March 31, 2014.

To add to this, from the bottom of the announcement page:

"be sure to redeem your Reaper of Souls game key via your Battle.net account on or before 11:59 PM PST on March 31, 2014"

So, yeah, you need to buy from B-Net or add your physical key by 11:59pm on the last day of March.

02/24/2014 02:37 PMPosted by ZaPLaS
Nah SoulSpectre, I dont think you will be given a code to redeem if the order is placed after release.

Those 6 days are a probably a window to redeem CE or physical boxes. (mostly cause some retailer's shipments could be delayed due to weather conditions and other reasons)

To clarify, this is correct, the announcement does say "PRE-purchase", so I guess to be more specific you have to buy before release (physical or digital), but have until midnight, the last day of March, to redeem your code (if necessary)...
Edited by Antiquarian#1163 on 2/24/2014 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Scourge
You don't need to pre-order anything.

All you have to do is redeem your D3 CD-Key in your Bnet account before 4/1.

So, buy the game on 3/28 and punch in the code on 3/29 if you want. You'll get your Wings.

They just use "Pre-Order" to get more people to commit to the sale ahead of time.

This is what I suspected as well, I had actually already pre-ordered my CE edition a few months ago but for unsuspecting players this actually seems a bit misleading. There are people saying that they may not get their pre-ordered copy in time to punch in their game code. It'd probably be easier for them to cancel their pre-order and just get a retail copy so they actually get it on time, unless they're after a CE copy or there was some other financial benefit.
Edited by SoulSpectre#1328 on 2/24/2014 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]