Diablo® III

{Builds / Info} 2.3-2.4 RoS Witch Doctors

(Sticky)

I have quite a few builds in mind...
Here is a problem with this smart loot....
I have to stick with one build to make sure that the drops will be best for my build...
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Luffy
I have quite a few builds in mind...
Here is a problem with this smart loot....
I have to stick with one build to make sure that the drops will be best for my build...

Wait what? Gear that drops is not related to the build you are using...only the class and only affects the main stat and skill affixes. Not based on your build but on the class.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 2/26/2014 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Negative bud, smart drop is class specific not build specific :P

that's what too much vacationing does to a person :)
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 2/26/2014 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Glad people are having fun with the zombie army build.

Proc of WoZ got taken down a ton compared to PTR.... So its more of a defensive skill now as opposed to spamming fetishes out. Bats on the other hand will still spawn em nasty little things a ton. So lay down a wall and enjoy spamming.

Forgot to mention that PTV is highly suggested for this build since you barely use any mana if any at all.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 03:19 PMPosted by mikotan
Proc of WoZ got taken down a ton compared to PTR.... So its more of a defensive skill

I noticed that once you have all the pets out you really don't need to use WoZ too much. The problem now is getting hit by the affixes that elites have now....those crazy slimes.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 03:08 PMPosted by REAPER666

Negative bud, smart drop is class specific not build specific :P

that's what too much vacationing does to a person :)

really?! damn...LOL...
For example,
I switched my DH from rapidfire to strafe build for low level killing, and smart drop gave me this bracers:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/32785571
physical skill +16% dmg... it's trying to buff my chakram (physical) which i seldom use...(I was hoping a buff for fire skills).

I did the same for WD...switch bear to locust swarm...and I got a drop of zuni mask buffing locust...

I think smart drop would consider dropping gear which buff the skills you are using...maybe I mis-understood..
sigh...
;p
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 2/26/2014 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Unless something changed Luffy...you were blessed by RNG gods is all.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 03:36 PMPosted by rockon87
I noticed that once you have all the pets out you really don't need to use WoZ too much. The problem now is getting hit by the affixes that elites have now....those crazy slimes.

slimes arent really a problem. Its frozen and orbit (or thunder whatever that thing is that homes in on you from the sky).

Frozen totally disables all your pets, and that sky thunder thing really hurts.

Aside from those 2 affixes I have no problems up to t4.

Ive been playing around with a few hybrid builds and a bears SB with ROE is pretty sick also. I get up to t4'ish with it also just need to move around alot more to avoid dmg making move speed very important.

Though i miss cob facemelt, we definitely do have more build options in this new patch. I hope they stop nerfing things though.. woz damage and proc feels nerfed by a TON compared to before in PTR ><
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 04:00 PMPosted by rockon87
Unless something changed Luffy...you were blessed by RNG gods is all.

When I tried the game in beta, the drops tend to buff the skills I was using...
For example, if I use zombie chargers, there is more gear dropped to buff ZB....

I looked for the "definition" of smart drop... it doesn't mention that.
I must have felt it wrong... it's not as smart as I thought... ;p
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 2/26/2014 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 11:29 AMPosted by MCP
Note that crit damage doesn't help fetishes and pets, as far as we know.

It does help them because it increases your damage.

Nubtro did a post on how pets deal damage. The gist was that they deal damage based directly off our character sheet damage as opposed to how most skills take solely our weapon damage (attack speed and crit chance / crit damage are not factored in yet). Pets can also crit on top of that but only for +50% damage.

This is why wrathful protector (who has a cleave attack that is not listed btw) at just 575% damage out damages every other witch doctor ability.

So pets do not benefit directly from crit damage but they still benefit. same with attack speed.

Crit chance is best to boost their damage since it increases your character sheet damage (and consequently their damage) and also directly benefits their chance to crit.

Anyways...

@MCP Why legion of daggers. When you use that ability it un summons all other fetishes you have out.

I guess thats nice when you dont have many out, but surely there's a better skill that can be put to use there.
Reply Quote

[Nubtro pet damage]

Dropping that knowledge! Thanks! Max DPS == Max DPS.

02/26/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Thade

@MCP Why legion of daggers. When you use that ability it un summons all other fetishes you have out.

I guess thats nice when you dont have many out, but surely there's a better skill that can be put to use there.

What?! It's really hard to tell. You mean something other than fetish army? Or another rune?

p.s. I was gifted a Tasker and Theo :D
Edited by MCP#1477 on 2/26/2014 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Thade

It does help them because it increases your damage.

Nubtro did a post on how pets deal damage. The gist was that they deal damage based directly off our character sheet damage as opposed to how most skills take solely our weapon damage (attack speed and crit chance / crit damage are not factored in yet). Pets can also crit on top of that but only for +50% damage.

You mean this thread?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245624978

His testing did not show that at all, they don't benefit from crit damage. Pets damage is based of weapon damage and attack speed. They always crit at 50%.

afaik, nothing in this game is calculated off sheet dps, it's just a display number.
Edited by Wachati#1647 on 2/26/2014 11:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am really enjoying running with this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gRUdQh!bec!acZaZZ

Putting paragon points in reduced mana cost and spamming acid cloud like crazy hitting things for 2 mill. I am mostly using this for A1 chest event spaming.
Reply Quote
I might as well chip in

Zombie Summon Army build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ckUYTQ!WVd!ZYZccb

Basically nonstop casting of WoZ wrecking crew for taunt and vampire bats will cause Fetishes to spawn nonstop. You have a ton of meat tanks and mobs just cant ever touch you. This build helps mitigate a ton of damage in solo and party play. WIth a good weapon T4 T5 is possible. I am doing t2/3/4 with this build and rather crap equipment. Damage output from 10-20 fetishes is no joke either.

The requirements till ROS comes out is 3 pieces of legacy gear with -WoZ duration.

I get like around 10-20 fetishes added to my dogs and gargantuan. Add in the zombies and you have an army. Enjoy. Its a very fun build. Hopefully a build that blizzard doesnt kills off like CoB or 0dog ><

Thumbs up from me as well !

This is an extreme fun build to play !
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 08:48 AMPosted by mikotan
The requirements till ROS comes out is 3 pieces of legacy gear with -WoZ duration.

Is it just me or is it almost impossible to find Skullgrasps and Mara's with WoZ reduction?
Reply Quote
My freezing WD . (HC)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/40161126

it's pretty fun to have 23% freezing...
I don't know if I should look for (unity ring) players to split the damage tho..lol...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 2/27/2014 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/27/2014 05:29 AMPosted by Luffy
it's pretty fun to have 23% freezing...
I don't know if I should look for (unity ring) players to split the damage tho..lol...

Be very careful, it doesn't have a radius and you can die in town if someone else is out there getting hammered. I posted this on the beta forums and got a blue response that they will look into it but so far nothing has been confirmed to have changed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11765487140
Edited by Fury#1829 on 2/27/2014 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 10:55 PMPosted by Wachati
You mean this thread?http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245624978His testing did not show that at all, they don't benefit from crit damage. Pets damage is based of weapon damage and attack speed. They always crit at 50%. afaik, nothing in this game is calculated off sheet dps, it's just a display number.

I stand corrected.

Guess I got Peter's thread and Nubtro's confused.

02/26/2014 10:17 PMPosted by MCP
What?! It's really hard to tell. You mean something other than fetish army? Or another rune?

A different Ability. Using any fetish army rune will un summon all currently active fetishes.

Its very easy to test. Sit in town and spam bats to summon some fetishes then use the fetish army ability. The ones you summoned will immediately flop over.

Having that ability on your bars is useful only when you first start out, or all your fetishes die very quickly (in which case just summoning more likely wont help you as they will just die immediately as well).
Reply Quote
I found something interesting this morning:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tiklandian-visage

This prompted me to play around with a couple of builds. At first, I though it would just be a nice addition to horrify, but really there is another mechanic at play here. If I remember right, horrify only works on the mobs in its AoE, then its done. This turns Horrify into a fearing rooting aura for 8 seconds. Anything I run over or runs into the aura is feared and rooted.

Now, I have literally stood in the face of elite packs and burned them down, assuming I stagger cooldowns and get some extra seconds off from Grave. It is astounding. So the builds I am using are:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fiUdXj!Tcf!cZZcbY

This is using the Zuni legacy set to keep mana straight, and suprisingly enough RoE keeps the edge off the mana drain. Luckily the gear I have for this setup has enough toughness for T2. T3 is pretty uncomfortable, but that's a toughness issue, not really a damage issue for me. Dmg is around 200k and Toughness is around 250k. Of course it helps to have a String of Skulls laying about to keep set when you replace the helm.

I try to run right up and Horrify, SH, Hex and burn bears. If there is trash around, I will pop MC too, but typically for a straight up elite pack by itself I try to rotate it in if Horrify isn't off CD.

I also tried:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#giUdXj!cWf!ZZZcbY

This just swaps Bears for WoS and Grave for Pierce. Suprisingly, RoE keeps even WoS with Pierce running since everything else utility is under RoE as well except for Hex. I adjusted my gear with this and put on IAS up to 2.5 with off set pieces (no Zuni). My thought process was that with WoS for my only attack, I would need to put it out faster to stay healed up since I have no LoH gear. This put my dmg at 275k and toughness, sadly, at just over 200k.

The process is the same, but with the gear I had it is slower. The benefit here is you can do more of a hit and run style. WoS gives you a lot of flexibility in tight quarters/wallers, and I was playing this more with a horrify in place, get space, dps, etc.

Anyhow, I just thought it was fun to see how you can make something around a single piece of loot with a cool affix. I'm sure there is a better way to make use of this, but for now I am having fun with it.
Reply Quote
02/27/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Thade
02/26/2014 10:55 PMPosted by Wachati
You mean this thread?http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245624978His testing did not show that at all, they don't benefit from crit damage. Pets damage is based of weapon damage and attack speed. They always crit at 50%. afaik, nothing in this game is calculated off sheet dps, it's just a display number.

I stand corrected.

Guess I got Peter's thread and Nubtro's confused.

It's kewl mang, we all make mistakes.

02/27/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Thade

02/26/2014 10:17 PMPosted by MCP

A different Ability. Using any fetish army rune will un summon all currently active fetishes.

Its very easy to test. Sit in town and spam bats to summon some fetishes then use the fetish army ability. The ones you summoned will immediately flop over.

Having that ability on your bars is useful only when you first start out, or all your fetishes die very quickly (in which case just summoning more likely wont help you as they will just die immediately as well).

Ok so, the new zuni set is really nice for this then.
Start up by casting fetish army and then collect fetish sycophants.

Now that you mention it, sometimes I go into an elite fight with many fetishes, cast fetish army, and it's over quickly, suddenly I come out with so few, after the fetish army dies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]