Diablo® III

Fuad's Journal does not drop off Fuad.

Any changes after patch 2.06?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Patch 2.0.6 was mostly for balance changes and while it had a few bug fixes, this particular fix did not make it in. The good news, however, is that we do have a fix in place for this coming in our next major content update, patch 2.1.0! I obviously can't make any promises as when specifically that update will arrive, but I can say that we are currently hard at work on the new content for that patch, and that we are doing our very best to get it out the door as soon as possible.

Thanks a ton for all of the reports about this, and we really appreciate your patience regarding this issue. Thank you!

Edit: In the meantime, I also went ahead and added this issue to our known issues list.
Edited by Tsarnis on 6/10/2014 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Tsarnis
and that we are doing our very best to get it out the door as soon as possible.

go ahead and make sure the summer isn't going to be boring
Reply Quote
Does this apply to The Prisoner's Journal as well from Tormented Behemoth? It is similarly bugged.
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 06:16 PMPosted by CrowCounsel
Does this apply to The Prisoner's Journal as well from Tormented Behemoth? It is similarly bugged.

Yeah still broke.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271602245?page=3#43
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Renon
Adding this to the list to keep track of uniques not dropping the items they're supposed to:

Chiltara - Gibbering Gemstone
Whimsy Uniques - Spectrum
Rakanishu - Rakanishu's Blade
Tormented Behemonth - A Prisoner's Journal
Fuad - Fuad's Journal

I have killed Fuad with all character classes, and in Hard Core and he has never dropped the journal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Still not Hotfixxed, blizzard please...
Reply Quote
As posted above:
06/10/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Tsarnis
we do have a fix in place for this coming in our next major content update, patch 2.1.0!

No reason to expect it earlier.
Reply Quote
Bug Fixes

A Prisoner's Journal should now properly drop after freeing the prisoner from the A Stranger In Need event

Nothing about Fuads journal thou. :(
Reply Quote
Sorry for not reading every post in 7 pages, but i just came to say. in resposne to a few i did read --
Bloodstained letter DOES drop. I picked it up yesterday in the ghom fortress off a corpse .
Proof: http://i.imgur.com/AjvzApH.jpg

Gibbering Gemstone is not bugged. If you think it is, you need to grind more. This piece has been stated by Blue Posts, over and over again, to be intentionally difficult to attain comparedto the other pieces you need for the staff of herding. now that chiltara is nearly a 100% spawnrate, its an hour of grind, maybe 2 for most. If youre an enemy of RNGEESUS, still under 6 hours of hard no jerking off in town farming.
It, if you take mobility builds and rush to the end caverns of frost lvl2, it'll be quick. if youre running on torments and slow clearing, youre doing it wrong, its cause your strategy sucks, not a bug.

Whimseyshire uniques: Not bugged. Picked up a Spectrum a month ago, a friend got one yesterday, modz got em on stream a few weeks ago. again, like gemstone, this has gotten easier to get since a recent patch put spectrum back into supersparklenoobpony's loot table. i got it baefore that, and after. it wasn't bugged befor they made it EASIER, and its not bugged now. its easier.

most of these things aren't actualy bugged, but ACTUALLY A BIT RARE, and you cant just GIMME GIMME and get them in 10 mins.

these are the 'non rif-able' versions of luxury items. you actually have to farm. who would thought.

as for fuads, this is confirmed bluepost to be fixed.
Edited by InfiniteIce#1686 on 7/25/2014 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/25/2014 01:04 PMPosted by InfiniteIce
Gibbering Gemstone is not bugged. If you think it is, you need to grind more. This piece has been stated by Blue Posts, over and over again, to be intentionally difficult to attain comparedto the other pieces you need for the staff of herding. now that chiltara is nearly a 100% spawnrate, its an hour of grind, maybe 2 for most. If youre an enemy of RNGEESUS, still under 6 hours of hard no jerking off in town farming.

After over a week of grinding this, amounting to over 30 hours, I can say you are factually wrong.

The cave rarely spawns (Icefall caves spawns 9/10 instead). Chiltara spawns about 33% of the time.

Blizz also admitted this is a bug.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9938423912?page=1#6

I gave up on it until it is fixed.

Please stop spreading completely false information.
Edited by HansJurgen#2962 on 7/25/2014 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cursed Pit (Storm Halls) act 2 does not appear to ever spawn. I did dozens of runs for it, to no avail.
Reply Quote
07/26/2014 03:48 PMPosted by HansJurgen
Cursed Pit (Storm Halls) act 2 does not appear to ever spawn. I did dozens of runs for it, to no avail.

Did about an hour of grinding for that tonight. Got a different chest and then 5 runs later got the Pit. It is possible.
Reply Quote
07/25/2014 02:57 PMPosted by HansJurgen
07/25/2014 01:04 PMPosted by InfiniteIce

After over a week of grinding this, amounting to over 30 hours, I can say you are factually wrong.

The cave rarely spawns (Icefall caves spawns 9/10 instead). Chiltara spawns about 33% of the time.

Blizz also admitted this is a bug.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9938423912?page=1#6

I gave up on it until it is fixed.

Please stop spreading completely false information.

It's not completely false information. The correct cave can be rare ut Chiltara is almost always in it and almost never drops the piece. It took me 12 hours of non stop grinding to get that piece and it sucked big time.

Saw this post cause I was bored and working on achievements and after a dozen Fuad's hit up google. Shame that so many of these are bugged and shouldn't be. How hard is it to to fix this type of thing really...
I would love to get a peak at their code/db for just one hour, my guess is they have terrible code standards and version control.
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 01:24 AMPosted by Ketchfraze
07/26/2014 03:48 PMPosted by HansJurgen

Did about an hour of grinding for that tonight. Got a different chest and then 5 runs later got the Pit. It is possible.

I eventually got it after about many many hours spread over many days of grinding.
Edited by HansJurgen#2962 on 8/23/2014 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/31/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Maverick31
It's not completely false information. The correct cave can be rare ut Chiltara is almost always in it and almost never drops the piece. It took me 12 hours of non stop grinding to get that piece and it sucked big time.

Still trying to get Chiltara drop that piece. No luck yet.

The other achievements like Fauds or Adventurer are bugged and won't ever drop which is an awful bummer.

You should check out the Perfect as Tears/Like stars in the skies as another example of botched up achievement (because it seems no one ever bothers to check what impact patches/expansions have on these things).
Edited by HansJurgen#2962 on 8/23/2014 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I finally found the 'Faud's Journal' and got the 'Judge of Character' achievement when the 2.1.0 patch came out.

p.s. 'The Prisoners Journal' also dropped.
Reply Quote
Confirming that Fuad's Journal does drop off of Fuad now. Fuad's cellar is a pretty rare instance (took me like 30+ reloads before I got it to spawn), but Fuad's Journal dropped on the first kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]