Diablo® III

[ATTENTION] Extended Maintenance - 2/25/2014 - Complete

(Locked)

W00000T
02/25/2014 06:26 PMPosted by rockon87
Bah, it seems that the update broke something with switching between Intel and Nvidia card on my laptop. There are post back in 2012 about this same issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5968136916

I can't seem to find the d3prefs.txt file now but will keep looking.

Found it in C:\Users\"Insert Username Here"\Documents\Diablo III

Will update if the fix works.
02/25/2014 06:28 PMPosted by rockon87

Post the problem, and the solution for it, in the tech support forum.
I guarantee folks will google it and solve it thanks to you =)
Question, my 2.0 keeps ReDownloading itself :/, How do i fix this Issue?
02/25/2014 06:28 PMPosted by rockon87
02/25/2014 06:26 PMPosted by rockon87
Bah, it seems that the update broke something with switching between Intel and Nvidia card on my laptop. There are post back in 2012 about this same issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5968136916

I can't seem to find the d3prefs.txt file now but will keep looking.

This worked! Change the value to 2 and works fine now. Diablo does only recognize the Intel card though and gives an error that D3 doesnt support the Intel card...but the game will still work as it switches to the Nvidia card.
Question, my 2.0 keeps ReDownloading itself :/, How do i fix this Issue?
02/25/2014 06:18 PMPosted by KorbenDallas

Thank you. When we were shooting the Pilot episode for Pan Am, the Designer was making major Set changes even as they were setting the camera's for Day One Principal Photography. It got done though.

The first time anyone, and since it is a collaborative art form, I mean anyone is late, is the last time.

Blizzard won't die as a company for having occasional downtime, especially when it's related to major game patches.

Your show will.

The channel won't though. If a channel is down today, it will probably be up tomorrow.

I grew up with channels which sometimes had problems, I still tuned into them when they got fixed.

Stop comparing everything to making a show or movie, it's not the same.

Stop making excuses for an inexcusable situation that is a professional embarrassment. How long do you think a channel will last if it can't stick to it's schedule. Video games are entertainment, the same as tv programming. I'd say the "deal" still applies.
02/25/2014 06:32 PMPosted by JaqenHghar
Stop making excuses for an inexcusable situation that is a professional embarrassment. How long do you think a channel will last if it can't stick to it's schedule. Video games are entertainment, the same as tv programming. I'd say the "deal" still applies.

You are a layman when it comes to programming, computer engineering and hardware, it seems. Stop talking like you're an expert. =)

This is like trying to teach a surgeon the best way to do a heart transplant. Knowing the heart pumps blood doesn't make you an expert.
Enjoying the barb changes and the game performance changes are amazing. No stuttering ever now, good stuff.
02/25/2014 06:21 PMPosted by Alispery
I'm a software engineer and I can guarantee you it's impossible to predict every litle thing that can go wrong. The tiniest bit of code can damage greatly an application and take hours to find... that configuration file has a comma it shouldn't have. The version of that xml using that version of the framework is glitchy against the version of the ojdbc the supplier gave us... and on and on
Besides, if you can predict every single problem that can happen, I really want to buy that crystal ball of yours....

I can't predict everything but I can react and my reactions are based on years of experience which allow me to recognize a problem before it gets out of control and find the most appropriate way to deal with it. Btw, the show Pan Am, which failed due to poor ratings, was CGI intense, and our crew never missed a beat. Ever. Same with Disney's "Enchanted".

Brother, I've been at this game for over 30 years and I have never, ever been late. Ever.

You are right. I'm not a programmer, but I don't get 3 months to test my product before I take it live, either.
Edited by JaqenHghar#1365 on 2/25/2014 6:46 PM PST
Whatever you do, don't try to go to Europe then back. It totally frigs up your install and you have to download nearly 8GB AGAIN. Thank god I backed up the folder first.
02/25/2014 06:43 PMPosted by JaqenHghar
Btw, the show Pan Am, which failed due to poor ratings, was CGI intense, and our crew never missed a beat. Ever. Same with Disney's "Enchanted".

You are using software...not making them...
The difference between travelling by plane and making one...

Besides, you don't know how much time management gave programmers their tools, their access to the servers, nothing.
It's easy to criticize being an outsider, but I know the business.... Many managers sell that some product has something the client really wants then goes to the programmers and goes 'I sold this functionality already...you have 3 weeks to implement it or we're all doomed, dommend I say!'.
Edited by Alispery#1204 on 2/25/2014 6:51 PM PST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aij7aUhIq8RIdHZRZzhFemxxaDFxR0M4clFIS3FJZGc
All my stuff is messed up now...i do less damage and i lost some skills...wtf
Community Manager
02/25/2014 06:47 PMPosted by voodoowater
where is the ah was there then disappeared

The gold and real-money auction house are still undergoing maintenance at this time, and we will provide an update once the service is available again.
66 Gnome Rogue
02/25/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We're happy to announce that Patch 2.0.1 is now live! You're welcome to log in and slaughter demons at your leisure.

Thanks so much for bearing with us, and we'll see you in Sanctuary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXv37PFcAQ

Enjoy!

<3
can't wait for RoS now, wow, much excite
Now that my account has been upgraded, does that mean no more auction house and what happened to my items I was selling or in hold?
Did the game eat them and not cash out their value?
I had about 40 items in hold, I could sold them to the game ???
is it normal to be stuck at 24.8%? :X
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]