Diablo® III

[ATTENTION] Extended Maintenance - 2/25/2014 - Complete

(Locked)

Only Blizzard could get away with using a console version of their game to beta test a major rework of a clunky game where they alter the game so much its nearly no longer the same game, then spin it into a grand epic "patch" release, instead of an admission of falling flat on their faces the first time around.

Reaper of Souls and this patch combined are nothing more than Diablo 3 finally being actualized and released.

Better late than never I suppose.

The good news is due to the delay (nearly) every student will be back from school, and (nearly) every adult will be back from work, so there will be an absurd surge of millions of users logging in simultaneously. Im sure that wont cause any further issues.

Wait...did I say good news?

Strike that.

Reverse it.
Edited by MeVII#1301 on 2/25/2014 12:36 PM PST
02/25/2014 11:51 AMPosted by euro12
wow so many entitled cry babies, nerd raging over a game.

well... there arent too many people complaining. some people are having trouble with their download, but the nerd rage seems to be pretty tame in this thread. its coming, it will be out shortly.
I left Diablo 3 at paragon level 87 over a year ago and came back a few weeks ago . . . I finished leveling up to level 100 . . . I know lots of people gripe about the game, but really, just do what you do with what you got . . . when you don't enjoy your time with it, just play something else . . . Now we have a chance to do the game again in an even better way . . . no matter what happens, play it only if you like it.

What I like most about the game is the possibility of figuring something out that no one else figured out ~ that gives me a mathematical advantage on leveling. That is what drives me to play this game. There are countless possibilities.

Enjoy & Good Luck!
02/25/2014 12:03 PMPosted by KEVLAR
I left Diablo 3 at paragon level 87 over a year ago and came back a few weeks ago . . . I finished leveling up to level 100 . . . I know lots of people gripe about the game, but really, just do what you do with what you got . . . when you don't enjoy your time with it, just play something else . . . Now we have a chance to do the game again in an even better way . . . no matter what happens, play it only if you like it.

What I like most about the game is the possibility of figuring something out that no one else figured out ~ that gives me a mathematical advantage on leveling. That is what drives me to play this game. There are countless possibilities.

Enjoy & Good Luck!

I think most of us are just disappointed about what it could've be, seven years of development for a game that seems extremely incomplete sucks.
What exactly is going on? I can just login as usual with 1.0.8 patch?
Or isn't 2.0.1 coming for EU yet?
02/25/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Phanick
Thank you very much Nevalistis. Also, thanks for switching the estimated completion time from 15:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Even though technically you could have switched it to 15:00 PM and still been correct, this is much more clear and is in much better taste from a business perspective. To be honest, I had to Google a 24-hour-clock to confirm my belief that there was no 15:00 AM. I am not the only one who was confused.

+10 Respect to you sir!

Just pointing out that there's no such thing as 1500 pm or am. It's just 1500. The pm/am is entirely redundant when using the 24 hour clock.
02/25/2014 12:15 PMPosted by RevTK

As always. EU is patched on tuesday night ( wednesday morning). aka: 1 day after US. What rock have you been living under?
Only the US server had the 10 hours or should i say 14 hours maintenance so far, and because Blizzard is from NA the US servers will be the first ones up with the patch 2.0.1 at around 23-24 tonight, EU servers are probably going down for the 10 hour maintenance at around 1-2 am and will be back up with the patch 2.0.1 ready to download at 10-11AM tomorrow
Would be nice to make those update nighttime...
02/25/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Trance
02/25/2014 12:15 PMPosted by RevTK

As always. EU is patched on tuesday night ( wednesday morning). aka: 1 day after US. What rock have you been living under?

... a BIG one :3
Thanks for clarification.
Something always goes wrong during major patch days.
I`ve attempted to switch to europe servers ....

...bad idea...

?%&?&?&?%?$%%$/$/""/"$!"$!"%/"QW?$/W%%?&$E%&?Y$EW?%&$WE?$%Y/E?$/YWS?$Y/WS?$Y/EWS?$/EWS?$/YEWS?$/EWS?$Y/EW?$/EWS?$/WES

8gb-15gb-18gb downgrade-upgrade-upgrade cycle restarted!!!!!!!!!!

WTF are you doing Blizzard??????????!!

Can`t be true!!!!
90 Blood Elf Priest
When are the servers really going back up....
Well damn.... im still waiting its SOOO boring xD thnkfully i got a wife and kids to keep my company so im not as bored as the rest of you
02/25/2014 09:34 AMPosted by Phanick
"We will be performing maintenance beginning on Tuesday, February 25th at 1:00 AM PST and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 15:00 AM PST."

Not to be a smartass, but as far as I know, there is no 15:00 AM...

1:00--->12:00 PM
13:00--->23:59 AM

Am I missing something?

You have it backwards. 0000 - 1159= AM
1200 - 2359= PM

But you're right. There is no 1500 hours am any time. 1500 hours is 3 o'clock in the afternoon. lol
02/25/2014 12:13 PMPosted by TotalNOOBlet
02/25/2014 12:03 PMPosted by KEVLAR

Enjoy & Good Luck!

I think most of us are just disappointed about what it could've be, seven years of development for a game that seems extremely incomplete sucks.

well, it wasnt 7 years. they had to piss around with copyright details for a while before they could even commence. and that took them ages. a little detail may help here. blizzard north made diablo. when they were broken down, the copyright was still owned by them, so blizzard had to go through a lot of red tape to get control. they didnt start work on the game until this was all completed about 4 years ago. diablo 3 has been out for 2 years, so the original game was about 2 years of development.
02/25/2014 12:21 PMPosted by RevTK
02/25/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Trance

... a BIG one :3
Thanks for clarification.

NP :)

I suggest US people to NOT go to EU server. Cause first you dl the patch for 2.0.1, then you switch to EU. If you actually are using your brain you need to dl the old patch to regain 1.8 status. And then heading back again to US to dl stuff again. And then coming to this forum and spew out crap. And for those that can't handle some extended maintenance... I won't say a thing cause it's already a lost case. Another tip could be to allow dmz thru your router and just cancel anti-virus crap stuff for this to work properly. Your failure isn't really helping the servers. I'm sorry for being harsh, but is kinda bored of the "non-stop-whining".
Where can I read the patch notes without the battle net app? At work and would like to see the changes.
02/25/2014 12:27 PMPosted by xBloodLetter
Well damn.... im still waiting its SOOO boring xD thnkfully i got a wife and kids to keep my company so im not as bored as the rest of you

So what you're saying no one else but you has family- brothers, sisters, friends, mates or partners?

...Ignorance much.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]